Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re a bit slow hey!

We traded the 14 we were going to give you to Carlton for their F1 and F2!

We only paid one extra 3rd round pick in 2024.

You got to screw Carton ... well done and thanks :thumbsu: .

You still paid extra ... that was the point .... hope thats slow enough for you to comprehend.

Yep.
They have all bases covered now with Barrass. As good as their defence was last season, they could occasionally be exposed by the really big forwards. The 200cm guys. Frost had the 2 best years of his career the past couple. But Barrass is obviously an upgrade.
The interesting question for mine is how it changes things structurally for Hawthorn down back. I don't buy the playing all of Frost, Barrass and Battle talk. Even if they do try it early, it won't last long IMO. So even if Frost drops out, they are still playing an extra tall as compared to last season. Barrass, Battle, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle as tallish options is a lot of height. Their mobility and run was such a strength, I'm interested to see how it works back their. Not saying it won't, I'm just curious. Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle still provide some run despite being capable talls(ish). All are at least reasonable, and a couple are outstanding ball users
Good problem to have. Both Weddle and Sicily are obviously pretty versatile but ideally I would think they'll still want Sicily back. It may put pressure on Gunston at the other end if one of Sicily or or Weddle end up forward
Weddle to a wing. Defensive structure the same.

It didn’t take me to long to give you the picture you were painting

Clearly, it changed for you.

Be thankful Hawthorn at least got your club a F1 & F2 with the 14 to save them total embarrassment in trading your pick 3
I was ok with f1+f2 days ago btw

I cbf going through the thread for hawks fans going on about giving unders, or going back to fight what youre saying, its not like I was the only one going full nuff here

They do have a 1st and a 2nd next year, just not theirs.

Most players will improve: Day, Dear, Watson, Newcombe, Weddle, Ginni, MacDonald, Massimo, Mackenzie and Ward are all under 25. Worpel and Moore are 25. Meek, Scrimshaw, Nash and Battle are 26.

Only 3 best 22 players are older than 27 (Amon, Impey and Sicily) and none are over 30.

Add Battle, Barass and Day to a team that was a post away from a prelim.

They won't drop off.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
I agree they look like being at least the same level, but we've seen so many predictions of teams that won't drop off and then they do, or teams everyone thinks will kick on and improve and it just doesn't all go to plan the next year.

Also, form can't protect against a poor run with injury which is always a risk for any team.

Anyway, good on them for having a strong crack, Barras will be good for them I'm just not sure at his age I'd give a F1,2,3 for him even with a F4 coming back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back