Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this for WCE. If Hawks can manage to have a down year (it's not impossible) it could land them a really high draft pick.

Do you think the Dogs will be able to beat us at least once in 2025? I'm not going to worry if Hawks play Dogs twice next season during h&a season, as opposed to only once this season.

When did I speak about that other trade they did? I was clearly referring to this one which I think benefits them.
Even in isolation it isn't that great when you include missed opportunities to trade for more pick like Richmond did.

This deal was a shambles and wasted so much time when their objective was to move on TB get picks in and try and do a few pick swaps..

This trade period was a opportunity for them to excell their rebuild instead they loaded up on fringe players and did a pick slide out of top 10

Last edited:

Even in isolation it isn't that great when you include missed opportunities to trade for more pick like Richmond did.

This deal was a shambles and wasted so much time when their objective was to move on TB get picks in and try and do a few pick swaps..

This trade period was a opportunity for them to excell their rebuild instead they loaded up on fringe players and did a pick slide out of top 10

Correct weight.

Pick 3 trade. L
Baker trade. L
Barrass trade. D

Improvement isn't linear, especially for multiple kids who might get ahead of themselves over the offseason. Add in more attention, a worse draw, new players gelling, plus potential injuries and there are no guarantees your future picks aren't bottom six.

Of course not, but it's very unlikely.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk

Imagine in the same year, losing tom barrass and pick. How does one deal with so much trauma?

The original offer was Barrass + future 3rd for 14. It was turned down.

With 40 minutes to go the offer was Future first and Future second for Barrass and our future third.

Clarke was removed from the negotiation as he was riled and had given up, Hawks were ready to walk.

Some sense prevailed and the Hawks after quick discussions, some home truths were told and a policy of the whole path was laid out. Hawks came up twice. First to future first and future second with no third rounder, then to F1+F2+F3 (of WCE choice, Hawks picks were chosen) with our future fourth going back.

Deal was done, call was made to Barrass who was in tears having already having had a call from mini saying he'd be welcomed back to the club if it didn't go through and that the deal was done.

In isolation I think it was a great trade for all parties involved.

Now people can bitch and moan and say how bad the pick 3 trade was, but that wasn't my shitshow other than getting Owies to the WCE.

Of the top 5 draft prospects that WCE wanted to draft at pick 3, 3 of the Victorians didn't want to come west, Draper if he doesn't go to Adelaide prefers to head to Victoria and the club was very much of the mind that the 1 out of those 5 was a 50/50 shot at having already being taken in the first 2 picks. So it was 50/50 of get who you want or select (including academy prospects) pick 8 on the draft board using pick 3. People are welcome to hit me up after the draft with private messages and i'll give who that top 8 is, in order. People will likely be surprised.

Due to the above situation pick 3 was being traded anyway. I was ok with the draft picks, just not happy that Clarke had already promised a teens pick to Richmond.

Carlton had already offered 12+14 to North which was turned down. Richmond will now go hard for North's pick so we can all watch that play out.

I have another 3 days off before discussions in regards to draft picks start on a part time basis, then i'm at the draft for real time trades. Then I retire and **** off to Panglao for 2 weeks followed by 4 different Philippine cities for a month at a time before deciding which area i'm retiring to.

Enjoy the very early morning or late evening if you're not in this daylight savings shithole.

The original offer was Barrass + future 3rd for 14. It was turned down.

With 40 minutes to go the offer was Future first and Future second for Barrass and our future third.

Clarke was removed from the negotiation as he was riled and had given up, Hawks were ready to walk.

Some sense prevailed and the Hawks after quick discussions, some home truths were told and a policy of the whole path was laid out. Hawks came up twice. First to future first and future second with no third rounder, then to F1+F2+F3 (of WCE choice, Hawks picks were chosen) with our future fourth going back.
Good win here, negotiated up our own f3+hawks f3 plus the little win the Hawks had for selling pick 14 to Carlton.
Now people can bitch and moan and say how bad the pick 3 trade was, but that wasn't my shitshow other than getting Owies to the WCE.

Of the top 5 draft prospects that WCE wanted to draft at pick 3, 3 of the Victorians didn't want to come west, Draper if he doesn't go to Adelaide prefers to head to Victoria and the club was very much of the mind that the 1 out of those 5 was a 50/50 shot at having already being taken in the first 2 picks. So it was 50/50 of get who you want or select (including academy prospects) pick 8 on the draft board using pick 3. People are welcome to hit me up after the draft with private messages and i'll give who that top 8 is, in order. People will likely be surprised.
I presume FOS was the one that was a 50/50 of being there at 3 for us who would be happy to come west.
**** its hard being out west, we arent even playing the same game as the eastern clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Tom Barrass & 2025 F4 (WCE) traded to Hawthorn for 2025 F1, F2 & F3 (all Haw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back