Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread would even make Dodo embarrassed. A whole lot of over and under valuing here. Most likely a fist with a future 2nd with a third coming back would be my guess

It is pretty simple - the trade value should line up with the sort of contract on offer. It is not to a supporter base to understand that.

Tom is supposedly being offered in the realms of $850k for 4 years with some incentives on top which could take it up to $900k. That sounds like a special talent. We are not talking Dusty range so there is no need to sell the farm.

I personally like the talk of 2 x R1 picks that are likely to be in the teens. Experience tells me if it feels right, then it is probably slightly overs.

So I walk that back to the Hawks R1 (early teens but could be worse) and the Pies R2, it probably feels slight unders but that probably means it is fair. With the age of the Hawks, losing the first 2 picks this year is hardly going to change their world.

I believe Tom has been told he can explore but that West Coast need to be fairly compensated so do not come back with a bog average deal and expect to be released. The asking club better be giving a the Eagles an offer they want to take. In other words, slight overs.

Step back - a backline with Tom at full back on the big monsters while still intercepting and Josh Battle at CHB with Sicily playing the Lever role would be awesome. Mitchell knows this and so do the Hawks list management team.

It is going to happen and supporters from both clubs will think it was overs or unders. How about we save the board from all the petticoats self igniting.

Is it golden?
Turning 50 Dougie Payne GIF by Travis

I'm ready

From what I understand of this thread you will have to pay them extra plus two first round picks.
Whilst that'd be nice, I imagine the expectation would be WCE putting in money to Barrass' contract, especially if it sweetens the trade deal with better picks for us.

We'll struggle to meet the cap floor.

All these comparisons with Lake make me wonder how many AAs Barrass has won. Considering West Coast supporters think he’s a better player than Lake I’d assume at least three?
To be fair it is only 1 supporter that has said that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both are excellent players but Barass just has him covered as a talent. Barass just a vidtm of playing alongside McGovern which lowers his output as opposed to him having any talent problems
Lake spent the vast majority of his career plying in very very good teams at both the Dogs and Hawks.

If you think Barrass is fit to hold Lakes boots you need to open that other eye… wow
Ill stick to my guns. Lake achieved more in his career but Barass is the better talent and footballer.

Im not sure which metric of marking, kicking, spoiling, 1 percenters, tackling Lake was better at for example but im sure people may think its all of them ?

Ill stick to my guns. Lake achieved more in his career but Barass is the better talent and footballer.

Im not sure which metric of marking, kicking, spoiling, 1 percenters, tackling Lake was better at for example but im sure people may think its all of them ?
He was just a perfect key position player, he can play lock down, intercept, strong 1on1, smart decision maker.

Lake is genuinely one of the best key position players of his era. If Barrass was equally as good he would have made an AA team by now with or without McGovern. It is no slight on him to not be as good as Lake, but he just isn't.

Give it a rest. You ARE an embarrassment.

I loved Lake for the sheer fact he is the only player that genuinely made Tom Hawkins shit his pants.

As for Barrass, his stay at the Eagles could end in real ugly fashion and if it does, they will be in no position to push a hard deal. If he says I am not setting foot in here again and I am off to the Hawks, what are the Eagles going to do? Keep someone who is pissed off? I don’t think so.

He was just a perfect key position player, he can play lock down, intercept, strong 1on1, smart decision maker.

Lake is genuinely one of the best key position players of his era. If Barrass was equally as good he would have made an AA team by now with or without McGovern. It is no slight on him to not be as good as Lake, but he just isn't.
So basically everything Barrass does now?

Both are excellent footballlers as I said but era defining FBs Lake was not. Just a excellent player like Tommy is with a bit less of the talent

Barass still has 5 years of football left so let’s not like define his career today as far as the comparison goes. At Hawthorn id be very surprised if Barass isn’t picking up 2 AAs in next 5 years for example.

If you compare Lakes Doggies career vs Barass Eagles career at 29 it’s a pretty easy contest as to who has done more

I loved Lake for the sheer fact he is the only player that genuinely made Tom Hawkins shit his pants.

As for Barrass, his stay at the Eagles could end in real ugly fashion and if it does, they will be in no position to push a hard deal. If he says I am not setting foot in here again and I am off to the Hawks, what are the Eagles going to do? Keep someone who is pissed off? I don’t think so.
Geelong did it with Tim Kelly. You just go back cos you want to earn your pay cheque in all reality

So basically everything Barrass does now?

Both are excellent footballlers as I said but era defining FBs Lake was not. Just a excellent player like Tommy is with a bit less of the talent
Lake had genuine claims to being the best defender in the league at times.

Barrass never has

Lake has been an integral part of one of the greatest teams of all time

Barrass has not

Lake has actually made the AA team and multiple

Barrass has not

Lake was added to a really good team and turned them in to a genuine all time great team.

It is actually hilarious watching you constantly talk down on people as 'underrating Barrass' in this thread yet you are seriously undervaluing one of the best key position defenders of the past 20 years.

Desperate …… maybe last year and previous years but not now.

Frost this year is a changed man. I can’t recall one Frostball, kamikaze moment, bad turnover that resulted in a goal ……. previous years he was doing this at least once or twice a week. I think Sam and the coaches have simplified his role and he is in career best form. Hasn’t had many goals kicked on him, looks measured, tough as nails and has won over plenty of Hawk fans this year. A big surprise to be honest.

Blanck has pretty much started his AFL career showed some good signs as a FB last year. You would expect more growth/improvement with more games. Very competitive individual. Big unit.

You’re right McCabe not ready yet but you’re just guessing with 27 …… take a look at Dear as an example. There is not one Hawk fan that predicted what he is doing as a KPF.

I believe that the main reason for chasing Barrass or another KPD is to release Weddle to other areas of the ground as this kid has the tools to play anywhere.
Not to discredit McCabe as he did awesome on the weekend. You were cutting up Carlton so well that it was a fowards dream inside 50.

Def has talent but I’d think still 3/4 years off being able to physically impose himself on a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back