Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most are realistic enough to know 2 first rounders is a stretch. Maybe you're only being exposed to the ones being more aggresive than that.
But given the reality that he is contacted for 3 more years, I think expecting a 1R & 2R is entirely reasonable. If Rioli warrants 12 + 20, then jesus.
I don't think the examples of JOM & T.Mitchell that others have mentioned are relevant. S.Mitchell clearly had a plan to freshen up that midfield, which has worked, so those guys were somewhat surplus to requirements. Barrass is certainly not that, its more a case of the Eagles taking advantage of a strong market for him.
I think your right here. 2 first seem too much but 1 first not enough.
I think either way it will be 1st and future 2nd or future 1st and 2nd

I'm not sure it's a great measure in isolation as some midfields are going to pressure the ball carrier far better than others. KPDs at bottom 4 clubs are on a hiding to nothing.
Essendon have 3 of the bottom 5 so that probably checks out.

Even when West Coast were going well, his one on one loss percentage was never great and he has generally had one of the best defenders of the last 15 years helping him out.

I think your right here. 2 first seem too much but 1 first not enough.
I think either way it will be 1st and future 2nd or future 1st and 2nd

Yep.

If its ends up being 15 and 27 or 10 and 27, either way it probably just gets done. With Edwards re-signing for us (apparently) I'd day the deal is done, with both parties willing to take some risk of paying/getting more than they expected knowing they also may give/get less.

I don't think you'll need your F1 involved unless you take out the flag. Then I'd say it will be 18 + F1 for TB and F3 or some such.

Yep.

If its ends up being 15 and 27 or 10 and 27, either way it probably just gets done. With Edwards re-signing for us (apparently) I'd day the deal is done, with both parties willing to take some risk of paying/getting more than they expected knowing they also may give/get less.

I don't think you'll need your F1 involved unless you take out the flag. Then I'd say it will be 18 + F1 for TB and F3 or some such.
Im a Dockers supporter and I think you are spot on.

The recent Luke Edwards news is going to change things. I don't think Eagles will let Barrass go if Edwards retires and probably accept his demands.

Luke Edwards is a midfielder. He's the one with the concussion issue.

Harry Edwards is a key defender who just re-signed

West Coast premiership star Tom Barrass may have played his last game for the Eagles after not being named to take on Carlton at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
Barrass, 28, is heavily linked to a trade to Hawthorn on a four-year this off-season, despite having three years to run on a deal at the Eagles.
The 2022 John Worsfold medallist hasn’t played since the round 20 western derby, his 150th game for the club, because of concussion and a hamstring injury and will miss a third consecutive game as a result.

I really rate him and if wants to come to the hawks, im sure they'll work with west coast... but he IS turning 29 during trade week.

Honest question, who are the other 29 yo players who have been traded for a 1st round pick? If any?

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate him and if wants to come to the hawks, im sure they'll work with west coast... but he IS turning 29 during trade week.

Honest question, who are the other 29 yo players who have been traded for a 1st round pick? If any?

Its extremely rare for a player of Barrass' quality to be traded at all, let alone someone who is 29 and plays a similar role for there to be a good comparison. Then you have to account for him being contracted, and the change in the way clubs value draft picks. Way too hard to find a like for like.

Rory Lobb who is a significantly worse player than Barrass and plays a position thats in much less demand went for 2x mid 2nd rounders when he was 29.
Ratugolea went for pick 25 + some crap picks, hes younger than Barrass but he wasa fringe player playing VFL at Geelong before he was traded.

Theyre the 2 closest I can find lol, both help the case that west coast fans here make for a mid 1st and a 2nd or 2 late 1sts

Steve May aside can you think of a FB defender that was traded who was as good as Barass in the role

I dont think the situation has ever really happened in AFL history so its not something to compare

Steve May aside can you think of a FB defender that was traded who was as good as Barass in the role

I dont think the situation has ever really happened in AFL history so its not something to compare
Brian Lake for a 2nd round downgrade and a 3rd round pick

Brian Lake was an outstanding player, but from memory his last year or so at the Dogs wasn't so good with injuries and declining team performance.

West Coast premiership star Tom Barrass may have played his last game for the Eagles after not being named to take on Carlton at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
Barrass, 28, is heavily linked to a trade to Hawthorn on a four-year this off-season, despite having three years to run on a deal at the Eagles.
The 2022 John Worsfold medallist hasn’t played since the round 20 western derby, his 150th game for the club, because of concussion and a hamstring injury and will miss a third consecutive game as a result.

Concussion issues. Soft tissue injuries. A bad back. 29 years old.
The "industry sources" are on drugs if they think he is worth two first rounders.

Concussion issues. Soft tissue injuries. A bad back. 29 years old.
The "industry sources" are on drugs if they think he is worth two first rounders.
What concussion issues?

How many soft tissue injuries has he had recently?

Has his 'bad' back affected his performance since returning?

Yeah all very interesting

My mail had TB as the senior eagle sending messages about simmo which lead to his dismissal, along with a few Ls on the way

Was after the Hawks embarrassed us from memory

Anyway, Sammy would have a good relationship with a bunch of Eagles and if you were looking for another premiership, chances are Hawks get there before Eagles

He is a gun player, probably on par with McGovern these days. Nice coupe for the Hawks
BS.

No chance he was much better or a good example. May is closer then Lake which was rejected as a example...

Haha Lake’s last season at the Dogs would have literally been the best of Barrass career. Received 7 Brownlow votes from full back that year. Get a grip old mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back