Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw TB 5 hours south of perth on Fri and Sat getting coffee. Definitely in Holiday mode. A bit strange considering the season hasn't finished and end of year meetings still to take place. Could have been down for 2 nights but still odd.
Looks like he has had his exit meeting the week before when he cleared out his locker and left a 1 finger solute on the way out. Not a great negotiating point for the eagles to demand anything more the the hawks 1st rounder which is starting to look very late

Have the Eagles given away Barrass for free yet?

Despite being pursued by multiple clubs offering him long term deals on huge money, he's apparently physically on his last legs, too old, not really that good, flipped off the WCE on his way out and burned all his bridges at the club.

Worth nothing at the trade table and Eagles should pick up his salary wherever he goes.

Why is WC paying him so little?

Seems like WC prefers to pay peripheral players such McGovern, Gaff (both last legs), Kelly (he isn't that good) and previously Naitanui (for a handful of games every year). No wonder, Tom is pissed off and wants to be paid at his market rate.
He signed a contract. He agreed to be paid what hes being paid. We gave him a pay increase, he was hoping for more so now hes looking around.

Simply giving into players demands is not a good way to manage a list.

He signed a contract. He agreed to be paid what hes being paid. We gave him a pay increase, he was hoping for more so now hes looking around.

Keep that energy with Reid

Barrass doing what is right for his career and premiership prospects

His career, not WC

He really is one of the most clueless reporters we have covering this game… And that’s saying something cause we have some real cooked people covering it

Foxsports today repeated several times the Liam Baker was a free agent and a club will get him at no cost.

So Ralph isn't alone having no idea.

It's like it's You Tube. Don't let facts or the truth get in the way of what the author thinks is happening.

Barrass will nominate the club of his choice and the deal will get done.

Yep. Just like Papley did hey?

Wait What Reaction GIF by HRejterzy

Keep that energy with Reid

Barrass doing what is right for his career and premiership prospects

His career, not WC
If Reid signs a long term contract seeing him to age 32 and then comes back asking for more money after 2 years when he is 29, even after we already bumped it up, we have every right to tell him no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea, its not as if WC hasn't given into player demands in the past. I seem to recall the monster long-term contracts given to McGovern and Gaff.

Seems to me that WC has given too much of their salary cap to the wrong candidates.

Yea, its not as if WC hasn't given into player demands in the past. I seem to recall the monster long-term contracts given to McGovern's and Gaff.

Seems to me that WC has given too much of their salary cap to the wrong candidates.
Wrong on both counts.

Just goes to show how clueless oppo supporters are.

Talk about clueless.

You must think Gaff and McGovern are being paid at the market rate for their modest performances.
Please, don't post like you know what you're talking about. They got paid well for their past contracts, which were deserved when they signed them and Barrass got paid appropriately for his, as evidenced by him being happy to sign it.

Yea, its not as if WC hasn't given into player demands in the past. I seem to recall the monster long-term contracts given to McGovern and Gaff.

Mcgovern who is a generational defender, has genuine claims to be the best defender in the last 30+ years, and Gaff who was in his prime while the club was in a premiership window?

That the players youre talking about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back