Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcgovern who is a generational defender, has genuine claims to be the best defender in the last 30+ years, and Gaff who was in his prime while the club was in a premiership window?

That the players youre talking about?

There definitely the ones.

Its all about timing, the more astute clubs will offer an exceptional player a lucrative long-term contract, just prior to them peaking with it to expire before their athletic talents lapse.

Those contracts have been millstones around WC's neck which means the only avenue to re-build is via the draft; and it is not as if WC is overflowing with talent but their hands are tied bringing in an A or a B standard player as their salary cap is out of whack.

It is only natural that when one of your better performed players sees this that they are going to want more.

Please, don't post like you know what you're talking about. They got paid well for their past contracts, which were deserved when they signed them and Barrass got paid appropriately for his, as evidenced by him being happy to sign it.

Just on knowing what your talking about; I'm fairly sure it was you that was claiming Darling had achieved a better career than Gunston a few pages back.

There definitely the ones.

Its all about timing, the more astute clubs will offer an exceptional player a lucrative long-term contract, just prior to them peaking with it to expire before their athletic talents lapse.

Those contracts have been millstones around WC's neck which means the only avenue to re-build is via the draft; and it is not as if WC is overflowing with talent but their hands are tied bringing in an A or a B standard player as their salary cap is out of whack.

It is only natural that when one of your better performed players sees this that they are going to want more.
We werent trading out either of those blokes, Gov especially.
The contracts were 100% justified when they signed them, they also signed them a long time ago.

Barrass signed 2 years ago

Theyre not relevant

Just on knowing what your talking about; I'm fairly sure it was you that was claiming Darling had achieved a better career than Gunston a few pages back.
Well Darling was probably the better player in his prime.

Premierships are a team effort, they dont necessarily mean much when comparing the two

Was a pisstake to one poster calling Darling trash, which I thought was bleedingly obvious.

Clearly is wasn't, judging by people's lack of ability to realise it.

Gunston's had the better overall career(3 flags > 1) but Darling's had a lot more periods where he was far more dominant in a lesser side, as well as kicking more goals

Premiership medals is a dumb metric to judge a player on.

By your criteria, Jason Castagna is a superior player to Nathan Buckley.
It also means Daniel Venables is a better player than Patrick Cripps

Billy Frampton has the wood on Tex Walker and Eddie Betts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does it say it wont be 2 first round picks? I must have missed that bit

Really depends where the Hawks finish up. Pick 12 is a lot different to pick 18
Cling

Cling

Cling

To your delusional expectations

Will be a first and a late sweetener

This tb thing will get done very smoothly.

Hawks don't mess around. They threw the whole kitchen sink at Harley Reid last year at the start of trade week.

They will put up an offer of max that they can afford

This tb thing will get done very smoothly.

Hawks don't mess around. They threw the whole kitchen sink at Harley Reid last year at the start of trade week.

They will put up an offer of max that they can afford
I cant imagine a final offer is in place until the Hawks season is done either, or at least if we know if theyre in the prelim or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back