Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

1st round pick for a soon to be 29 year old player next year, with back and concussions issues

The Hawks are ready to offer a first-round pick (which will be all) for one of your injury ridden players that wants out of the sinking ship
If he's so crippled and injury ridden why have you tabled a 4 year, multi-million dollar contract to him?

That's a lot of money over a long time for someone as banged up as old Tommy. Sounds like terrible list management to me.

Exactly, but jokes and posturing aside, we all know Barrass is actually worth more than pick 12 or whatever it is you end up with.
Look at the trade values thrown up for Houston/Rioli/Baker and whoever else, Barrass isnt worth less than any of those blokes.

Whatever it ends up at we wont know for a while yet anyway
Its true. It's between the clubs. Ie. There's no set market price.

If it stays as is I think it falls to something like this.

Barrass and a future 3rd

for

#12 and #30

Leave out the future 3rd and thats about right.
Although maybe dgb goes the other way also

Getting the cap space
Getting the cap space… by signing up a player we don’t want or need and will more than likely end up being delisted

Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

Where is Denver Grainger-Barras at? It would be nice to keep a Barras of sorts in the Eagles line-up.

Hawthorn's first-rounder + Barras for Barrass.
This is a very high probability. The cap space argument makes sense. If you valued Tom you’d have renegotiated his $700k pa contract. This way we get a ready-made KPD, and you get a first rounder and DGB, whom you can try and mould into a decent defender in the next 4-5 years whilst paying him $250k a year. Win-win

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks FRDP and maybe some meaningless swaps of 3rd/4th round picks to make the list managers look like they know what we are doing and then we can all move on with life

Where is Denver Grainger-Barras at? It would be nice to keep a Barras of sorts in the Eagles line-up.

Hawthorn's first-rounder + Barras for Barrass.
About to be delisted, so zero chance WCE accept him in a trade for Barrass.

I'm sure Hawks will try though, just like they tried to include Brockman in a trade for Harley last year.

I don’t mind if it’s this years and next years 1st as long as Eagles 2nd this year comes with Barrass

I could only see our second coming back if your Pies pick this year came along for the ride.

Given Hawks are now playing finals and will be better again next year, 2 x 1sts seems like a reasonable request for a guy who is contracted. We are talking about 2 picks in the teens, not top 10 picks.
Shhhh stop using common sense in the trade thread please. You’ll upset the Hawks fans who seem to think Pick 14 holds the same value as Pick 8

Shhhh stop using common sense in the trade thread please. You’ll upset the Hawks fans who seem to think Pick 14 holds the same value as Pick 8
Shhh

Don't say that, other WC fans will overate their own opinion as fact, expecting some form of echo chamber instead of being advised of what will actually happen

Shhh

Don't say that, other WC fans will overate their own opinion as fact, expecting some form of echo chamber instead of being advised of what will actually happen
And the reality is that most West Coast fans will over value him, most Hawthorn fans will under value him, and his true value lies somewhere in the middle.

You can keep screaming ‘it’ll be a first and a sweetener’ into the void all you like. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be what happens.

It might, it might not. We’ll find out in due course.

Also, regarding what’s in bold, are you the pot or the kettle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back