Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless, compared to what we could get it's a bad deal, so we'd obviously not be willing.

Even taking your valuations at face value (6 for Bolton, 10 for Rioli, 25 for Baker), us ending up with 10, 14, 18, 41 is a shit deal. We'd definitely want a top 10 in there if we're losing Bolton. Just a non-starter.
The only argument I think Richmond fans can put up is with the value in Baker's head. I think Bolton is about right and Rioli is still overs here. As I said above, Richmond could extract extra value from this trade. You could swap 6 and 10 and I think we'd be happy enough (probably with some lower pick swaps).

The only argument I think Richmond fans can put up is with the value in Baker's head. I think Bolton is about right and Rioli is still overs here. As I said above, Richmond could extract extra value from this trade. You could swap 6 and 10 and I think we'd be happy enough (probably with some lower pick swaps).
Whatever you think their values are, you're just too far away from what we have reportedly on offer already. There is no incentive for us to be part of the deal, and every incentive for us to scupper it, which would be super easy for us to do in a 5 way trade. It only works if you can get our return to 6, 10, 14, & 18 (and even then those are values that we've already knocked back).

Richmond supporters dont have to value Baker
Your list manager ( good richmond man ) Already said he is worth a teen's pick

Whatever you think their values are, you're just too far away from what we have reportedly on offer already. There is no incentive for us to be part of the deal, and every incentive for us to scupper it, which would be super easy for us to do in a 5 way trade. It only works if you can get our return to 6, 10, 14, & 18 (and even then those are values that we've already knocked back).
No, it doesn't work like that at all. Freo and Gold Coast might have first rounders to burn but we don't.

No, it doesn't work like that at all. Freo and Gold Coast might have first rounders to burn but we don't.
Sure it does, compared to what we have already on offer your mega trade is unders for us, and super easy to sabotage to boot.

I'm not sure how you think Richmond could be convinced to entertain this trade.

I apologise if these questions have been answered, but any chance this deal doesn't get done and he heads back to Eagles? 3 years left on contract? Would he go back? Are Eagles happier with him going for their future rebuild?

I have no idea of the situation myself, as I have no dog in this fight.

Very delusional - but if the delusion of Pick 6 for Rioli comes true - who knows anything in this Bizarro world anymore.
The delusion on #6 is actually happening
Not too sure the 2 1st rounders for Bizarro will

We are dealing with GC and you Hawks
Chalk & Cheese

But didnt these nice Hawks gift you an old leader sam Mitchell for free ?
Maybe he wants you to return that Favour

Chalk & Cheese

Didn't we release Mitchell from his coaching contract to return to the Hawks?

Chalk & Cheese

I understand pick 6 is happening. But prior to this month most rational people would have thought pick 6 delusional.

So if that delusion can come true - who else know what can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chalk & Cheese

Mitchell would know all about doing extra curricular stuff under contract.

Coaching and marriage...

I apologise if these questions have been answered, but any chance this deal doesn't get done and he heads back to Eagles? 3 years left on contract? Would he go back? Are Eagles happier with him going for their future rebuild?

I have no idea of the situation myself, as I have no dog in this fight.
Some people are saying the clubs are pretty close on a deal. But if you used this thread as a reference you wouldn't believe it, the 2 fan bases are pretty far apart.

If that is the case it could happen WC don't have to do anything and Hawthorn have already landed Battle, it does leave a question than what from a WC perspective. As in they have likely promised Edwards more game time as Key back with Barrass leaving in mind, they also have this trade seemingly tied into the Baker deal.

Hawthorn also have to shuffle things around but that might be a little easier like not letting Serong leave and more riding on Blanck returning.

Some people are saying the clubs are pretty close on a deal. But if you used this thread as a reference you wouldn't believe it, the 2 fan bases are pretty far apart.

If that is the case it could happen WC don't have to do anything and Hawthorn have already landed Battle, it does leave a question than what from a WC perspective. As in they have likely promised Edwards more game time as Key back with Barrass leaving in mind, they also have this trade seemingly tied into the Baker deal.

Hawthorn also have to shuffle things around but that might be a little easier like not letting Serong leave and more riding on Blanck returning.
Appreciate the response. A lot of nothing happening so far in this trade period.

All clubs do that for senior coaching gigs. He wouldnt have been released for an assistant role.

Sure but we don't owe the Hawks for pushing out Mitchell to us :D

Not really. From almost page 1 most have been saying Hawks 1st this year plus an F2 (or an F1/F2 pick swap)

I'd actually prefer the F2 with nothing going back tbh and have said so since the start

All those values had Tigers giving back something decent or better..
things like paid Rioli or Bolton's Salary (600k-2m) or giving back 2nd round or F2 picks.

I posted a megatrade in Rioli thread before, will post here after updating to balance it all a bit. Used HeHateMe's megatrade as jump off point earlier

Freo: Bolton, 26 ( give - 10, 18, 30, F3)
GC: Rioli, F3, F3 ( give - 6, 23)
Haw: Barrass, 42, 43 ( give - F1, 33)
Rich: 6, 10, 18, 23, 33 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 42, 43)
WC: Baker, F1, 30 ( give - Barass, 26, F3)

Tigers and Eagles can swap the 18 & F1 if needed. DGB( Richmond) and our F4( to Suns or Eagles) as steak knives to whoever wants it

Acting like every club wouldn’t do that 😂

You've missed the point bud. We don't owe the Hawks for pushing out Mitchell and us getting him. It was a tongue in cheek return comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back