Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

McCabe is still a couple of years away realistically. He'd have a better chance learning off Barrass than Frost and whoever else you have
Who else we have is Blank. Was out for the year. Large bodied full back. He would step straight back in. We appear to be getting Barrass for no other reason than he was friends with the coach. He is the wrong end of the age group Hawthorn are looking at for their side and Hawthorn have a fair abundance of backmen.

Who else we have is Blank. Was out for the year. Large bodied full back. He would step straight back in. We appear to be getting Barrass for no other reason than he was friends with the coach. He is the wrong end of the age group Hawthorn are looking at for their side and Hawthorn have a fair abundance of backmen.
Im not the one who told the Hawks to chase Barrass, but here we are.
Idk why none of your KPD stocks have requested a trade tbh, giving up Serong or Blanck or whatever to someone in need of a KPD would mean youd get Barrass for a lot closer to just your 1st pick, with no loss to the main squad

Hawthorn should leave the Barrass trade.
Use the first round pick on a key position forward in the draft.
Battle, Blank and Frost are handy.

Barrass opens our window now.

Sam wants an extended run at success.

We aren't going to sit on our hands waiting.

Blanck has had multiple setbacks from his ACL recovery unfortunately. He will take a while to recover before we can rely on him to play footy.

Dear doesnt have to defend against guys twice his size tho.
Being able to let a kid develop properly is a luxury, its not a bad thing

Dear was defending against guys twice his size though…playing Full Forward as a 18yo against majority of time the best defender and held his own with his major strength being not allowing the defender to mark which brought the ball to ground for our mosquito fleet.

If McCabe didn’t have the stress fracture in his back he was going to play 10 plus games this year as a 3rd tall defender

I believe that is still the plan for next year

Barrass is a luxury…not a need. If the deal isn’t fair we will walk

Dear was defending against guys twice his size though…playing Full Forward as a 18yo against majority of time the best defender and held his own with his major strength being not allowing the defender to mark which brought the ball to ground for our mosquito fleet.

If McCabe didn’t have the stress fracture in his back he was going to play 10 plus games this year as a 3rd tall defender

I very much doubt we would have had any plans to play McCabe for 10 games this year. Ditto Dear but there's far less competition up forward than down back.

For one, McCabe was behind Serong and Phillips.

Have high hopes for McCabe but if we can afford to give him time I'm happy to.

No Eagles fan has suggested that we want an unfair trade.

You are also expecting too much from mccabe. Especially now you have battle and scrimshaw, it doesn't make sense to rush him

Kind of feel the hold up would be Hawks trying to trade back into this draft while giving up pick 14 and the like.

Hawks probably realise future 1st next year is less valuable then say pick 20 this year and are angling a way back into the top 20 with it

No Eagles fan has suggested that we want an unfair trade.

You are also expecting too much from mccabe. Especially now you have battle and scrimshaw, it doesn't make sense to rush him
I did give you a trade where Eagles did well but you seemed more upset in the Baker thread that Hawks did well too

below one
Freo: Bolton, 26 ( give - 10, 18, 30, F3)
GC: Rioli, F3, F3 ( give - 6, 23)
Haw: Barrass, 42, 43 ( give - F1, 33)
Rich: 6, 10, 18, 23, 33 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 42, 43)
WC: Baker, F1, 30 ( give - Barass, 26, F3)

Tigers and Eagles can swap the 18 & F1 if needed. DGB( Richmond) and our F4( to Suns or Eagles) as steak knives to whoever wants it

Kind of feel the hold up would be Hawks trying to trade back into this draft while giving up pick 14 and the like.

Hawks probably realise future 1st next year is less valuable then say pick 20 this year and are angling a way back into the top 20 with it

I think the hold up is Hawks not willing to give up our F2 with 14. Maybe MM wants something back for straight trade for 14 as he knows the value of 14 in this draft as a whole and especially for you guys vis a vis the Baker trade. Hawks can choose to wait this out.

Maybe drop your F3 to the mix and 14 can be sent your way and then you guys can deal with the mad tigers.

I did give you a trade where Eagles did well but you seemed more upset in the Baker thread that Hawks did well too

below one
I said I was ok with it?

All I said the difference between your mega trade and what the media keep saying players are worth is those 2 picks in the 40s leaving Richmond and going to the hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back