Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks are stacked down back would be flabbergasted if we offered more than a future first. Who knows what’s happening, been said or promised privately behind closed doors months ago but this is a professional sport circumstances always changing so if it all falls through so be it we all move on. Hawks will not pay overs and shoot itself in the foot like WC won’t take under’s from their perspective.

Brian Lake getting dragged into this, sheeeeeeesh.

There’s 3 scenarios from here folks

A) Hawks trade 2 F1’s (and give something more)

B) Hawks trade F1 and F2

C) Hawks trade a single F1 (or less)

At this stage, 200 pages into this thread, WC would be thrilled with the first scenario but pretty pissed at the other two (and vice versa for the Hawks).

I personally think we’ll end up with B) - but only 24 more hours of this nonsense to go.

There’s 3 scenarios from here folks

A) Hawks trade 2 F1’s (and give something more)

B) Hawks trade F1 and F2

C) Hawks trade a single F1 (or less)

At this stage, 200 pages into this thread, WC would be thrilled with the first scenario but pretty pissed at the other two (and vice versa for the Hawks).

I personally think we’ll end up with B) - but only 24 more hours of this nonsense to go.
We won't accept B given its worse than what you initially offered. It would have to be F1 and 2 F2s.

We won't accept B given its worse than what you initially offered. It would have to be F1 and 2 F2s.

So you keep him and rebuild with pick 12. Then try again next year when he is 30 and worth a pick in the 30s ?

The offer was always going to be worse once pick 14 disappeared. WCE overplayed and lost. Badly.

Tom is going to be at Hawthorn.
F1 and F2 will get it done… West Coast will feel like they’ve won the trade when in fact Hawthorn managed to get him for 1 pick.
Yep, this is what will get it done. Eagles won’t give back a F3, they’ll see it as a win. And we will have got our man for pick 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Owies and Baker agreement hasn't been well received by Eagles fans if Bfooty is an indicator

The concern for Hawthorn is to save face amongst the faithful, Eagles stick their heels into the dirt and refuse an otherwise reasonable trade offer
But if they try that and walk away from this trade period with just pick 12 and not even an improved draft hand for next year the trade period is an absolute disaster. You can not rebuild a list that is this far away with that hand.

Hawks traded in Lake and Gibson, who with all due respect are better players than Barass, both times with a second round pick.

Barrass is not worth a first round pick. He's 30 next year, and has injury and continuity concerns.

Pick 14 is, was, already too much for a 30 year old that wants out, as we saw with the Houston deal, a player who's 2.5 years younger and one of the best players in the comp, but obviously wanted to leave, so their values decreases.

The Eagles strategy is to overvalue their player, thinking Hawthorn will meet halfway and offer a first round pick, which of course, looked good back in July when Hawks were out of the 8.

And yet he was romanced, charmed, promises made. We aren’t pushing him to hawks and despite what you think he is worth, both Sydney and dogs were chasing him at very least.

Wtf you blokes are genuine Nuffs of the highest order. Paul Roos is a legend, but apparently now he's a fraud because he called you blokes out for being w***ers.

Why is he a legend? He had COLA and won the worat, most boring, lowest scoring flag in 100 years.

Then helped keep Melbourne at the bottom for years when he brought his dour, bore-them-to-death game style while fleecing millions out of the AFL.

We would've taken 14 and F2, you offered 14 and F2 with F3 coming back. All you had to do was drop the F3 and you would've got your man.
And all you guys had to do is is part with an F3 and you keep pick 3...

I clearly have no idea what this Clarke bloke will do, but I'm guessing the whole point of doing Baker first was to take the pressure off the necessity to do this trade

Will see around this time tomorrow
Surely todays trade adds pressure to get the Barrass deal done?

West Coast currently has 12 and 26... If they take that to the draft without at least improving next years draft hand the list in in even more trouble.

Wtf you blokes are genuine Nuffs of the highest order. Paul Roos is a legend, but apparently now he's a fraud because he called you blokes out for being w***ers.
Your a muppet champ

Your unhinged babbling for the last few pages has been nothing but rot and uneducated garbage

When the trade goes through tommorow for a F1 and F2, feel free to come and have a winge

Because the rest of your mates have disappeared after reading the room

Surely todays trade adds pressure to get the Barrass deal done?

West Coast currently has 12 and 26... If they take that to the draft without at least improving next years draft hand the list in in even more trouble.

Re-read my 1st sentence. I didn't say it was a good plan ;)

For better or worse, one of their main goals was to make sure they got in Baker which they did (painfully for us supporters).

I reckon they think they could just trade futures into this draft if the Barrass thing doesn't happen. I think it will (and was always going to) fwiw

Is this a joke? Define ‘legend’?

Does ‘legend’ involve earning a significant salary as a ‘zoom culture coach’ whilst sitting on a Californian beach during Covid?

Re-read my 1st sentence. I didn't say it was a good plan ;)

For better or worse, one of their main goals was to make sure they got in Baker which they did (painfully for us supporters).

I reckon they think they could just trade futures into this draft if the Barrass thing doesn't happen. I think it will (and was always going to) fwiw
In that case i really hope we call that bluff. West Coast need these picks to allow them to try and upgrade in this draft. Would be disappointed if we folded now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back