Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Don Pyke seems to say the commitment given to Liam Baker could not be taken back. Seems to me he sold the farm for a Baker in the hope that the Hawks would sell the farm back for Tom Barrass. I think he's ****ed this up.

For a bloke with as high an IQ as they keep telling me he has, Don seems like a sucker.

In that case i really hope we call that bluff. West Coast need these picks to allow them to try and upgrade in this draft. Would be disappointed if we folded now.

I doubt you'll "fold". But I do think you've shown what you are prepared to pay and will offer what you did originally at the very least (with F1 + F2 in place of 14)

As much as Hawks fans like to say they don't need Barrass, your club did chase him somewhat and it would be pretty disingenuous and in bad faith for future recruits to not to put at least the same offer up again

We'll see I guess. After today, I have no idea so will be watching from behind the couch

I doubt you'll "fold". But I do think you've shown what you are prepared to pay and will offer what you did originally at the very least (with F1 + F2 in place of 14)

As much as Hawks fans like to say they don't need Barrass, your club did chase him somewhat and it would be pretty disingenuous and in bad faith for future recruits to not to put at least the same offer up again

We'll see I guess. After today, I have no idea so will be watching from behind the couch
I’m totally happy to pay what we offered originally. I don’t care about ‘winning’ the trade or anything. I also agree we should be trying to accommodate a trade after getting a commitment from Tom.

According to the AFL media the F1 and F2 is still on offer for Barrass.

If eagles walk away, we have a really nice draft hand for 2025.

We won't accept B given its worse than what you initially offered. It would have to be F1 and 2 F2s.
No, we initially offered 14 and F2 for Barrass and F3. Now we’ll offer a F1 and F2 for Barrass… You get to keep your F3 pick which means it’s a marginally better outcome for you.

You don't know what you are paying yet.

Crazy arrogance from your fans.
And neither do you unless you're Matt Clarke.

Delusional on your part.

It may very well be 2 F1s and you can have your laughs and cracks at us supporters, until then, perhaps stop the speculation as to what the deal may or may not be.

Keep him, make him happy.

Enjoy your rebuild.

According to the AFL media the F1 and F2 is still on offer for Barrass.

If eagles walk away, we have a really nice draft hand for 2025.
Does this trade look like happening?

Do Weagles want future picks... or are they just going to walk away.

If we get a F1 and F2 without sending a F3 back I'll be very happy. Leaves us with two firsts and two seconds next year.

We've clearly focussed on filling the age hole we have in the 25-29yo range this trade period, wish we could have gotten more for pick 3 but there will be a slider or two at 12 you'd think.

Raise the standards of the club next season with the players brought in this period and then draft four kids within the first ~30 + Charlie Banfield as a F/S.

If we get a F1 and F2 without sending a F3 back I'll be very happy. Leaves us with two firsts and two seconds next year.

We've clearly focussed on filling the age hole we have in the 25-29yo range this trade period, wish we could have gotten more for pick 3 but there will be a slider or two at 12 you'd think.

Raise the standards of the club next season with the players brought in this period and then draft four kids within the first ~30 + Charlie Banfield as a F/S.

The deal will get done. The only way the Eagles front office wins their fans back is by landing Warner in the trade period next year.

The only way that gets on the road to happening is accepting the Hawks F1 and F2.

Or trading Reid next year. And that ain’t happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don Pyke seems to say the commitment given to Liam Baker could not be taken back. Seems to me he sold the farm for a Baker in the hope that the Hawks would sell the farm back for Tom Barrass. I think he's ****ed this up.

For a bloke with as high an IQ as they keep telling me he has, Don seems like a sucker.

It's ironic given that they made a commitment to Barrass (verbally) that if he was to knock back the Swans trade he will be compensated with an improved deal.

If it is F1 and F2 and you get the choice of picks, which teams future picks do you take? Carlton or Hawthorn's?

There’s 3 scenarios from here folks

A) Hawks trade 2 F1’s (and give something more)

B) Hawks trade F1 and F2

C) Hawks trade a single F1 (or less)

At this stage, 200 pages into this thread, WC would be thrilled with the first scenario but pretty pissed at the other two (and vice versa for the Hawks).

I personally think we’ll end up with B) - but only 24 more hours of this nonsense to go.
F1 and F2 for Barass would be a good result for the Eagles.

Last edited:
In fact the actual trade news about this has not changed in effect a first and a second for a 3rd. Two firsts

Note the difference between the Smith deal and this one. Neither party has come out and slagged the other. The price has been agreed upon the rest is optics

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back