Tom Boyd vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aussierulesrules your avatar is doing my head in, I can't take anything you have to say seriously or as having a grain of truth with Rudds mug staring back at me.
That's the third time someone has said that to me in the past 24 hours, so maybe it has run it's course! :p It's been fun while it's lasted though. :D

Hopefully this new one helps. :thumbsu:

Just imagining the rusted on League types rattling tins to save their club !

Not friggin likely !
It's all about celebrity , maybe sign up David Beckham.
If we did get shunted to Tassie, we won't need a celebrity to draw any sort of crowd!!
Might get a few Draft concessions as well

Hogan named BOG yesterday for the 5th time this year - 25 possessions, 12 marks, 3 goals.

I'm not sure what he thinks when he watches Melbourne run around.

"I could kick more goals than that"?

:(

With all the key forwards the Dees have Hogan will have to play very high half forward as the mids can't get a kick. He has the agility, speed and aggression to play high.

It would be more ideal if Hogan played forward where he's natural, and our midfield suddenly became AFL-standard
That would be the ideal but I think MFC midfield will take some time yet to get to the required standard. I think he will probably play high half forward to start where his aggression and ball winning ability will generate a higher number of inside 50's for the team plus snag a few goals himself. He will give the wings and halfbacks a target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the key forwards the Dees have Hogan will have to play very high half forward as the mids can't get a kick. He has the agility, speed and aggression to play high.
He could easily do this. He's a freaky talent. Great use of his body etc etc. He looked more Sean Rusling KP size than Jono Brown KP size to me if that makes sense. Very mobile and agile but not necessarily a monster. Very strong for his age and size.

Could happen. Earlier this year Gerard Healy suggested more of a mid type role for Hogan. It would be ideal if he could play that role.

No, that was Gerard Healy being an idiot and calling him a 'midfielder'.

Hogan.

Absolutely tearing it up in the VFL. Can't wait to get him into the firsts.
robbie nahas kills it in the VFL........wait until he plays AFL and the opposition target him like they did Jack Watts. As well as all the media hype arround him the pressure to preform will be huge! I'd prefer Boyd. Less pressure on him. Espicially if he goes to GWS with Cameron and Buddy he can take him time to develop and alot less expect of players at GWS. At least for the next 2-3 years.

robbie nahas kills it in the VFL........wait until he plays AFL and the opposition target him like they did Jack Watts. As well as all the media hype arround him the pressure to preform will be huge! I'd prefer Boyd. Less pressure on him. Espicially if he goes to GWS with Cameron and Buddy he can take him time to develop and alot less expect of players at GWS. At least for the next 2-3 years.

Robbie Nahas is a 70 odd game AFL player isn't he? Hogan is an 18 year old who isn't eligible to play and is arguably the best key forward in the VFL.

Hogan also has a good 25kg's on where Watts was when he debuted, and is clearly being set up properly with this development year - unlike Watts.

We could have both yet!

If we lose to GWS this week I would think the granting of the PP becomes significantly more likely & should it be granted the AFL then need to decide if its a PP at the beginning of the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

If we end up with #1 pick by way of being granted a PP we either trade it or draft Boyd despite the obvious deficiencies of our midfield as you can not pass up a potential elite KPP.

I'm thinking that Boyd will have the pressure of being a No 1 draft pick and no doubt he will feel that pressure.
On Nahas would it be fair to say that Hogan is having a better year in VFL than hm? Haven't kept an eye on his performances but Hogan for an 18yo KP player, he is having an outstanding year. As The Puppet Master said Hogan is already ahead of Watts physically.

I'm thinking that Boyd will have the pressure of being a No 1 draft pick and no doubt he will feel that pressure.
On Nahas would it be fair to say that Hogan is having a better year in VFL than hm? Haven't kept an eye on his performances but Hogan for an 18yo KP player, he is having an outstanding year. As The Puppet Master said Hogan is already ahead of Watts physically.
For the competitions sake I hope Hogan comes through and delivers. As a long suffering Richmond supporter I can sympathize with Melbourne at the moment.
But with all the hype arround Hogan he better deliver or the pressure will mount quickly. Boyd will be given more time by the media to develop..that is only in my opionion of course

Hogan won Casey scorpions best and fairest great effort seeing he missed a few games will be a gun next year

He played 15 games, but in two of those he got injured in the first quarter and didn't reappear.

So he had 13 vote scoring opportunities and was BOG 5 times for 39 goals. Not bad as an 18 year old.

I would choose Hogan because he was Casey B&F which is a fair effort for a forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

He played 15 games, but in two of those he got injured in the first quarter and didn't reappear.

So he had 13 vote scoring opportunities and was BOG 5 times for 39 goals. Not bad as an 18 year old.
Yes, if Boyd is better than Hogan he must be an out and out GUN++++ because Hogan is heading for a very good career (fingers crossed!!!!). Apart from being a powerhouse forward at VFL level Hogan also has a mid type tank (good beep test results) and has mid type pace over the first 20.

Yep, if I had the opportunity to pick either right now I would go for Hogan, but Boyd has a much higher ceiling from what I have seen. That said, I reckon Boyd would do very well in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back