Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry how do YOU know all this?

You don't. You are speculating at what occurred.

The Eagles refused to be blackmailed into paying overs for a contracted player. He signed a contract and was offered an uplift. The Hawks offered more to entice him to relocate.

That isn't sticking to anyone. It's standing firm and not be manipulated by rivals offering more to contracted players.

The info has been reported by the media. If memory serves me correctly Barrass manager spoke about it.

Not really.

One thing people fail to understand is that everyone is replaceable. There might be some short term pain but ultimately, you won't be missed all that much by your organisation.

Also, most companies don't employ people on set like contracts in the AFL. If they do, they get pretty shitty when employees try to break them.

Contract work is a 2-way street, something handwringers like you in this thread are choosing to ignore

It’s not “contract work” like you me and others where you are just given notice.

Club guarantees money for years. They get the player, player gets assurances in case they get injured, effectively or give up. Like to see everyone here try to “give up” under contract work and see what happens in this two way street thing.

At end if day he has a contract. Happy or not HE signed it. HE did. Therefore he can’t just leave on his own terms.

He needs to be beaten on way out, to ensure other players have second thoughts. Make hawthorn sweat, make other clubs come in and make hawks sweat. Extract every ounce out of hawthorn, WHO WILL PAY, given they made a play for contracted player.

He certainly will be booed, unlike darling who I hope not. Covid thing or not, he still played 300 games.

Ah must be true then if it’s in media and his manager spoke about it. Those honest managers.

You missed my point, the other poster was accused of making the content up personally.

I was just saying hey he didn’t make it up. This come from AFL circles not some random fan.

You missed my point, the other poster was accused of making the content up personally.

I was just saying hey he didn’t make it up. This come from AFL circles not some random fan.

No they weren't accused of anything.

They were asked exactly the same question they asked another poster.

How do they know this?

If it's from just reading media stories and joining dots......then they really aren't an authority on the subject. Even though they want to come across as one.

The Eagles wronged barrass with that hand shake deal. Hence why he almost left last off season to Sydney but they didn't have the capital or salary after who they brought in.
Now he will be at the hawks for a fair price.
A first, a future second and DGB
It's pretty simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back