Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Highly doubt our offer would be all that significant. I don't know obviously. But we have some important players we need to sign up first. McCluggage being first on that list. We only have Rich and maybe Zorko (who both wouldn't be on massive amounts) to come off the list plus maybe a few young guys (Robertson and lohmann) so I can't see us offering stupid money for Doedee.

Highly doubt our offer would be all that significant. I don't know obviously. But we have some important players we need to sign up first. McCluggage being first on that list. We only have Rich and maybe Zorko (who both wouldn't be on massive amounts) to come off the list plus maybe a few young guys (Robertson and lohmann) so I can't see us offering stupid money for Doedee.

Average wage is $370k - so imagine you probably offered 4 years @$500k or there abouts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A pass on Doedee going to the Lions for me.
Turns 27 in March 2024.
All going well he plays sometime in June 2024.
So, whoever he plays for could not expect a great deal for the remainder of 2024.
Just getting on the park and gaining confidence in his knee would be the main goal for that year.
He is then hopefully back to near best form in 2025 when he is 28 years old.

A three-year deal would be sensible offer from a club, but clubs are not always sensible.

Turns 27 in March 2024.
So, whoever he plays for could not expect a great deal for the remainder of 2024.
Just getting on the park and gaining confidence in his knee would be the main goal for that year.

A three-year deal would be sensible offer from a club, but clubs are not always sensible.
I feel like two acl's means he doesnt get back to best form though

Turns 27 in March 2024.

Our other third tall defenders are a 32 year old Lester, an injury riddled Gardiner whose 27, and Darragh Joyce. Plus I can’t remember the last time Brisbane made a decision not sensible regarding recruiting with contract size etc.

Our other third tall defenders are a 32 year old Lester, an injury riddled Gardiner whose 27, and Darragh Joyce. Plus I can’t remember the last time Brisbane made a decision not sensible regarding recruiting with contract size etc.
Do you think the Lions can get his body right? McCarthy Daniher were out with injuries alot at the Cats and Bombers. Now play regularly at the Lions.

Do you think the Lions can get his body right? McCarthy Daniher were out with injuries alot at the Cats and Bombers. Now play regularly at the Lions.
Doedee? - its ACL's that are the issue not fitness. Burgess is the best in the business and he is at the crows so it won't be a fitness thing. If there is something medically the lions can do to help prevent a future ACL...then you are in business

Ignoring the fact that we got Daniher's body right and sent him to you after.

Lester will play all of 2024 as a 31-year-old but i get the age issue.
Joyce OOC easily enough replaced with another gamble that may be better.
Gardiner well who knows how that will turn out. He was best 22 until injured preseason. Contracted until 2025.
You missed out your best argument being the now retired Adams even though he did not play this year.

I agree that we need to find another KPD or two just don't like the gamble on Doedee. Not that i have any say in the matter.
I assume the Club has some other players in mind.
Being the 3rd tall they don't have to be world-beaters

Wouldn't be surprised if he threw the toys out of the cot when he didn't get the captaincy that it seemed he was destined for.
Suspect he was ruled out of the race for the captaincy when he chose to put off contract talks late last year.

Could've signed a 5 year deal anytime up until around the bye this year, when the contract got pulled (shortly after he did he ACL).

If you believe anything that comes out of the Dillon / Rucci show, they claim it was around $700K per year? Seems a lot to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ignoring the fact that we got Daniher's body right and sent him to you after.
McCarthy also had a pretty specific injury that we took a long time getting him over before the trade. Lincs last year he played 2s mostly, wasn't really injured iirc.

Cats just decided to go for a different looking forward line with a focus on ground level pressure. Dahlhaus, Rohan, Parfitt, Fogarty, Miers, plus they intended to put TK there.

Brisbane did very well out of it. Linc is a great player, and apparently being Neales best mate is what got Lachie to the Lions.

Suspect he was ruled out of the race for the captaincy when he chose to put off contract talks late last year.

Could've signed a 5 year deal anytime up until around the bye this year, when the contract got pulled (shortly after he did he ACL).

If you believe anything that comes out of the Dillon / Rucci show, they claim it was around $700K per year? Seems a lot to me.
Yeah I agree with that.

I don't think he wants to move to Brisbane, don't forget his poor parents who have watched every game, SANFL and AFL, lots of driving from Geelong.

He does want the best deal possible, though.

If he signs with Adelaide, he'd be a valued part of the team. If he goes, he won't be missed too much.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think he wants to move to Brisbane, don't forget his poor parents who have watched every game, SANFL and AFL, lots of driving from Geelong.

He does want the best deal possible, though.

If he signs with Adelaide, he'd be a valued part of the team. If he goes, he won't be missed too much.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely not?!

Jeez, we pretty much owe him a contract at that rate

rich would be on tidy coin i imagine, signed a 2 year deal in an all australian season. also think daniher's initial free agent contract ends this year and he goes onto significantly less money from next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Back