tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Matthews believes the same and he is one of the all time greatest and most referred people in the game.

Is he mental too?

He's even worse, not just a supporter but a player!

He's also said that Franklin is the best player he's ever seen, we can take anything Lethal says about Lance with a grain of salt.

You flogs are forgetting that Travis Cloke is the best KPF. A title he took from J.Brown. To those saying Hawkins is only 23. Come on he has had 5 years with the footy delivered to him on a platter. But good luck to him finally doing something good.

We all bag Jack Watts but how many goals would Hawkins get in the Melbourne side and how many would Jack get in a side with a dominant midfield?

you are a dumbarse, with a simpleton's understanding of football, or at least Geelong's forward setup over the past 5 years.

How often do you think Hawkins was the main forward target? For his career up until the 2nd half of last year when Mooney was out of the side, he has been 5th option, 4th at best, for our midfield.

Franklin 25- 492 goals
Hawkins 24- 125 goals

Franklin has a great chance of becoming a great.Say if Franklin averages just 60 goals a season for say another 8 years. His kicked 972 goals give or take which would put him at 6 on the all time leaders. But as you said he is probably more 60-80 goal kicker so bump that up by 80 and he is up around 1052. Which would put him above Gary Ablett and just below Doug Wade. That in my mind has him as a great of the game, even at mid 900's you could argue a case for 'great' status.

Hawkins is at most a 50-70 goal kicker. So I will give him 70 goals a season for the next 9 years gives him a total of 685 give or take. No where near being a great. A great Geelong player maybe. League wide great no chance.

Remember that time that a Western Bulldogs supporter thought he had any credibility?

once again franklin proved today that in a crunch time game when his team needs him, he choked and couldnt step up and perform, definitely a trait champions have that franklin doesnt show the slightest

Hawkins in big time games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>light days>>>>>>>> lance franklin in big games

No its a polite way of saying that 4 of his 6 goals were pretty easy ones... I haven't seen the other 2..

6 goals in those conditions is easy? :eek:
lol, you're reaching now so just let it go man...

once again franklin proved today that in a crunch time game when his team needs him, he choked and couldnt step up and perform, definitely a trait champions have that franklin doesnt show the slightest

Hawkins in big time games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>light days>>>>>>>> lance franklin in big games

quoted for truth.

Another big game for Buddy, and another big fail. Gee, won't it be great when the Hawks beat up on a cellar dweller, and Buddy can come out to shine. 3 votes....Lance Franklin.

Another big game for Buddy, and another big fail. Gee, won't it be great when the Hawks beat up on a cellar dweller, and Buddy can come out to shine. 3 votes....Lance Franklin.

To true. No one is happier at the new expansion teams inclusion than good 'ol Buddy Duddy... ;)

Bet he's mad he doesn't get to play on Clangermakers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in close hawthorn games against geelong it becomes a game for people sitting on their couch at home watching of " find buddy", and was again in a big game the case today, goaless buddy!

just look at how hawkins has performed in crunch time and look at franklin, no comparison

if i had to choose one to line up in the last 30 minutes of a grand final at FF
hawkins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> franklin

Hate Geelong and really not a fan of Hawkins in any way. But i watched the game on Saturday night and in my opinion it was the best performance from a big forward since Jack Riewoldt kicked 10 and really 6 goals in those conditions would be worth 10 on a good day so he played a damn good game. At the moment he is the best key forward in the game and there is daylight between him and 2nd. I reckon its going to be his break out year. Hate him but credit where credits due

I know Hawkins has improved, no doubt, and I hope this doesn't come across as a troll, but 10 good minutes on a defender playing on one leg doesn't really make you a champion simply because it was a grand final.

I'll be far more convinced if he can get a hold of Reid or Keefe tonight though.

I know Hawkins has improved, no doubt, and I hope this doesn't come across as a troll, but 10 good minutes on a defender playing on one leg doesn't really make you a champion simply because it was a grand final.

I'll be far more convinced if he can get a hold of Reid or Keefe tonight though.

I think that his domination of contested marks in the GF is more than "10 good minutes", but I agree that he needs to regain early season form. I suspect that he will.

Looking forward to tonights game. Whoever wins will be flag favourites and whoever loses will have the blow torch turned on them this week. Ben Reid will be pumped up to put on a good defensive show.

I think Ruttens job on Hawkins shows what an underrated defender Rutten is. Maybe Hawkins has already been worked out....

I think that his domination of contested marks in the GF is more than "10 good minutes", but I agree that he needs to regain early season form. I suspect that he will.

While it's Malthouse's fault, Hawkins was playing on a one legged Reid that day.

Yeah took grabs throghout the day, but the real damage was done in that 10 minute patch.

I'm not saying Hawkins isn't any good, but the premise of the thread is somewhat inflated. If he can get a hold of Reid tonight (Reid as far as I know should be 100% fit), then it's a different story.

If Lonergan was carrying a serious groin or leg injury playing on Cloke, and Cloke kicks 5 goals on him, I'd hardly be crowing about how badly Cloke beat his ass if Chris Scott chose to expose Lonergan like that.

It's not like Reid's injury was brought up AFTER the game. Everyone knew he went in there carrying it.

And yet flogs like you keep saying that Lenny cannot be a chap becouse he did not drag his team over the line in a Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

tom hawkins is the best key forward in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back