Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a mild improvement, as he bashed zurhaar and I think Stephenson? Two of their most annoying players.

Other than that very bad. Conceded goals. Seems incapable of holding a mark anymore and so he fists it even when it's uncontested. Should probably feign an injury so he can "retire" with some dignity still in tact.

I don't think he was very bad at all. A little bit of confirmation bias going on I feel.

His past two games have been serviceable. I'm not for one moment suggesting he deserves his spot in the side, or that others shouldn't be in ahead of him. But he's our captain and so will always get more leeway. (we can debate whether he should have been given the captaincy all we like, and I agree it was a terrible decision, but it is what it is)

He was absolutely horrendous at the start of the season - partly due to having the wrong match ups and having to cover for other injuries/suspensions.

He's doing ok now, and his attack on the ball and player sets the tone for us.

I don't think he was very bad at all. A little bit of confirmation bias going on I feel.

His past two games have been serviceable. I'm not for one moment suggesting he deserves his spot in the side, or that others shouldn't be in ahead of him. But he's our captain and so will always get more leeway. (we can debate whether he should have been given the captaincy all we like, and I agree it was a terrible decision, but it is what it is)

He was absolutely horrendous at the start of the season - partly due to having the wrong match ups and having to cover for other injuries/suspensions.

He's doing ok now, and his attack on the ball and player sets the tone for us.

He was shizen Hauser. And playing against an awful team, with an awful forward line and awful forward entries.

I haven't seen Jonas fly the flag like that for about 5 seasons so I'm wondering if he has been given the message that this is possibly his last season and to hold his place in the line up he is required to wind back the clock, show a strong physical presence, and if the occasion arises knock a few oppo blokes over.

I know he's well and truly on the decline and I think we're a better side without him, but i'm chuffed for him kicking a goal after so long. Our system really doesn't allow for our key backs to get in a position like that very often.

FwJfsFRagAA-lEr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like this situation. The club are hoping that Jonas is able to find form enough to be picked, and hopefully he does but the situation appears grim. Regardless of whether he improves or not, will there be accountability on those that kept him on as captain? After a preliminary blowout followed by a very poor season by the team, along with Jonas and DBJ showing signs of struggle last season, we should have had new leaders this season. Add Sutcliffe to this who also showed signs of struggle last season. The club appears apprehensive to change and does so slowly.

I don't like this situation. The club are hoping that Jonas is able to find form enough to be picked, and hopefully he does but the situation appears grim. Regardless of whether he improves or not, will there be accountability on those that kept him on as captain? After a preliminary blowout followed by a very poor season by the team, along with Jonas and DBJ showing signs of struggle last season, we should have had new leaders this season. Add Sutcliffe to this who also showed signs of struggle last season. The club appears apprehensive to change and does so slowly.
The current situation is partly on Jonas for not recognising when he needs to hang up the boots, and partly on the club for letting the form slide go on this long. Awkward end to the career where we’ve needed to drop him, and we may need to give him a farewell game against an easy team. The club needs to be having this conversation with Jonas.

The current situation is partly on Jonas for not recognising when he needs to hang up the boots, and partly on the club for letting the form slide go on this long. Awkward end to the career where we’ve needed to drop him, and we may need to give him a farewell game against an easy team. The club needs to be having this conversation with Jonas.
I was going to suggest Gold Coast as his farewell game, but they aren’t exactly easy beats anymore. Last week would have been the best game for a farewell game. The opportunity has already passed. But listening to 9news last night highlighted that he is far too selfish or deluded ti recognise that this season should be his last. Well last season should have, but that shipped sailed eons ago.

First you get the stability,
Then you get the stability you get the success,
Then you get the success you get the women

Looks like Tom is accepting his fate that his time at Port is over. His interviews on TV in casual clothes and not in club apparel is pretty glaring.

Context? Is this a case of him just walking into the club for training in casual clothes like everybody does?

Context? Is this a case of him just walking into the club for training in casual clothes like everybody does?

I think it's outside his home but he is wearing a cap associated with a winery which is likely a personal sponsor of his.
To be honest, if you know you are going to be interviewed, the captain needs to be representing the club in their official uniform.

I think it's outside his home but he is wearing a cap associated with a winery which is likely a personal sponsor of his.
To be honest, if you know you are going to be interviewed, the captain needs to be representing the club in their official uniform.
He owns the winery with a few others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back