Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care how many injuries down back this club has, Jonas shouldn't ever get a game the remainder of this season and hence his career should be over.

Absolutely embarrassing that both Ken and Jonas have been so selfish as to push to continue playing despite being so far past it.

Surely he himself must recognise that he just doesn't have it anymore. Some of the errors he made yesterday were just comical, the sort of errors you would expect a first year player like Tom McCallum to make if he was playing at AFL level.

Literally missing the ball with his fist in an attempted spoil, spoiling his own teammate, shanking the ball to the boundary etc.

Why would you continue to put yourself through the pressure that he is receiving? Just stand down, it will be better for you and the club.

Didn't see the entire match, but saw skipper get 2 touches and a spoil.

Saw him be responsible for 3 of 4 consecutive Blues goals in 6 minutes at one point.

Dropped a mark - goal.
Overran ground ball - goal.
Could have taken two steps and picked up a loose ball, but moved slower than the Queen Mary - goal.

The game passed Tom two years ago.
Should have been let go then, much less kept him on as Skip.
Probably would have lost by less if we had subbed him out and played one shirt tbh.
His spoiling the mark that Jones, I think it was, was about to take resulting is spilled ball, goal, sent me insanely mad!

And it wasn't just the many goals he was responsible for, it was his slow, poor jogging around. Just totally ineffectual! Silvani and any other player he was on just dined out on him. It was as woeful a defenders games as I have ever seen, never mind the fact that he is supposedly the captain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

The club has burnt itself and Jonas in all this. To have him come into this year as captain was just dumb when most reasonable people can clearly see he is not captain material. Then to expose him to the shame of being a captain at the same time removing him from the side. Shows that not only is Jonas not up to it neither is the club.
To now try to negotiate his return into the side as things begin to heat up at the business end of the season unbelievable someone is going to pay for this. We will need our best side on the park.
I couldn't agree more that the club has stuffed up the Jonas situation, at best he was a B grade stopper and never really genuine captaincy material, ie a player who could drag the team over the line by inspiring them with his own performance, but he has to at least share the blame as there has to be a fair bit of selfish campaigner in him for not only hanging on to the captaincy for too long, but also becoming a virtual list clogger as a player, and I believe the mail is he wants another contract. o_O

If he was a genuine club man he would have pulled the pin on the captaincy role himself at the end of last season!

I have just realised that most of you wouldn't realise how irony-laced my comment was.

He's cooked. He is showing a boomer-like privilege in failing to recognise his time was well past.

is he also drawing a massive salary to not do his job competently, while telling the rookie listed players on 60k to suck it up and pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back