Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, didn’t look like much.

Was, dare I say it "right in front of me".

Heard it from my seat.

I was like -

8cbee4976375abc1eb4d03cee29dcfc1.gif

Norwood's ability to churn out sleeper medium-cum-key defenders finally benefits us.

• Tom Jonas (Port rookie list),
• Tom Harley (Port inaugural list > traded for a ham sandwich),
• Joel Patfull (Port rookie list as forward > delisted to Brisbane),
• Nathan Bassett (Ignored for Port inaugural list > Melbourne rookie list),
• Heath Grundy (Not sure if we looked at him but probably should have > Sydney rookie list)

Good call, don’t forget our CEO either Tribey :) Or, Stephen Daniels...

4. Unheralded Power defender deserves to be an All Australian
Port Adelaide backman Tom Jonas needs to be in the conversation among the premier key defenders in the League. Jonas was outstanding for the Power in their thrilling 10-point win over Melbourne at Adelaide Oval on Friday night, finishing with 20 disposals, 11 marks and 12 one-percenters. Jonas' intercept work was a major reason why the Power emerged triumphant despite conceding 68 Inside 50s to 39. Jonas was last year included in the 40-man All Australian squad and would be close to leading the Power's best and fairest count right now. - Lee Gaskin

4. Unheralded Power defender deserves to be an All Australian
Port Adelaide backman Tom Jonas needs to be in the conversation among the premier key defenders in the League. Jonas was outstanding for the Power in their thrilling 10-point win over Melbourne at Adelaide Oval on Friday night, finishing with 20 disposals, 11 marks and 12 one-percenters. Jonas' intercept work was a major reason why the Power emerged triumphant despite conceding 68 Inside 50s to 39. Jonas was last year included in the 40-man All Australian squad and would be close to leading the Power's best and fairest count right now. - Lee Gaskin

"Who?" - creepy #metoo repeat sexual assault offender Tony "chompers" Jones

Doesn't he know who Jonas is? Kane Cornes should headbutt him next Sunday Footy Show.

Jonas had the audicity (last year?) of penning a rather well-written piece about the media last year, and ol mate chompers got all puffed up in front of the flogs on the footy show and pasted him. The clip is probably still around on this board somewhere. Embarrassing stuff from the fat prick.

Melksham is bloody lucky the umpire paid the block against him because if not Jonas was going to destroy him as soon as he picked up the ball!

Side note: I like how the Melbourne supporters seem to think Melksham was just going to waltz in to an easy goal had the free not been paid, the two were side by side as the whistle blew and Jonas then gave up on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Melbourne supporters sure love Kane on SEN.
So weird not hearing customers ringing in talking about his bias.

Now that Jonas is out for a month with patella injury Kane reckons Port are going to massively struggle.
Ken will be on SEN soon.
HAs it been confirmed that Jonas is out for a month?

Hombsch comes in. Freo, GWS and the Bulldogs are exactly endowed with huge key forwards at the moment.

Jonas should be leading our B&F but there are still players we could lose that would hurt us more: Ryder, Dixon, Gray, Wines, arguably SPP.

The Melbourne supporters sure love Kane on SEN.
So weird not hearing customers ringing in talking about his bias.

Now that Jonas is out for a month with patella injury Kane reckons Port are going to massively struggle.
Ken will be on SEN soon.

Our defence is noticeably leakier sans Jonas. We should still be winning games but margins will be much narrower and our percentage will likely drop.

Kane's just pandering to his audience. Losing Jonas isn't great, but we have depth in our defensive stocks. We'll be ok.
I actually disagree. When Jonas is out we look extremely shaky down back. Really wobbly and like deer in the headlights. When TJ is there we are cool, calm, execute really well. On Saturday we needed Hoff and Ebo to straighten us up a bit when Jonas left the field.

However we just need to get on with it and thankfully we don't have that many challenges (scared I have just jinxed us) in the next 3 weeks. But you can bet on Adelaide playing at their absolute best against us as this is all they have left for their season. Who knows though it might be an opportunity for some players to step up and others to get their chance.

Hombsch comes in. Freo, GWS and the Bulldogs are exactly endowed with huge key forwards at the moment.
Just watch Rory Lobb have a blinder. We should be considered lucky that Patton and Cameron won't be playing for them v us. Feel sympathy for Patton since he did his ACL but that Jeremy Cameron prick can **** off back to Dartmoor.

I actually disagree. When Jonas is out we look extremely shaky down back. Really wobbly and like deer in the headlights. When TJ is there we are cool, calm, execute really well. On Saturday we needed Hoff and Ebo to straighten us up a bit when Jonas left the field.

However we just need to get on with it and thankfully we don't have that many challenges (scared I have just jinxed us) in the next 3 weeks. But you can bet on Adelaide playing at their absolute best against us as this is all they have left for their season. Who knows though it might be an opportunity for some players to step up and others to get their chance.
We're better with Jonas down back, but I don't think we look extremely shaky without him. We've still managed to hold teams to low scores without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas (Past Player)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back