Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

$12,500 per effective disposal or $21,000 per goal tonight, depending on how you look at it.
If you count fumbles and times when he should have put in effort but didnt the $$ per unit arnt as large

$12,500 per effective disposal or $21,000 per goal tonight, depending on how you look at it.
On 500k this year as usual your obsessive stats involving payments at Richmond are a little norf of centre.
3 goals first game is a very nice return for a bloke that hasnt played for months, none of the Brown like frees either, just hard work.

On 500k this year
Lynch was on 1+ mill a year at GC if you think he took a 50% paycut with 5+ clubs chasing him you have rocks in your head.

On 500k this year as usual your obsessive stats involving payments at Richmond are a little norf of centre.
3 goals first game is a very nice return for a bloke that hasnt played for months, none of the Brown like frees either, just hard work.

One

Point

Four

MILLION

Lynch was on 1+ mill a year at GC if you think he took a 50% paycut with 5+ clubs chasing him you have rocks in your head.
Heavily front loaded contract wally, your a Hawk supporter you should know about front and rear loaded contracts, its how you get top players into a Premiership team.
All media outlets are quoting those figures, he'll make the millions when the next cap payrise is in and when Jack is in his twilight.

Heavily front loaded contract wally
A front-loaded contract means he's being paid the bulk of his wage in the early years of the deal, not the reverse you simpleton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I'm the Wally, I am drink posting though, so don't touch me in any private places, pervert.
Yeah that also explains why you thought Lynch played well.

When he played with the Gold Coast he kicked about 8 goals I think against Carlton last time they played in Melbourne. Clearly gone downhill with Richmond’s “development” team.

Yeah that also explains why you thought Lynch played well.
3 goals as a forward, brought the ball to ground for a couple more for the small forwards in his first game back, at Richmond we just ask.everyone to play a roll, like Hawthorn used to do before they recruited Vickers and realised some bloke jusy can't.

3 goals as a forward, brought the ball to ground for a couple more for the small forwards in his first game back, at Richmond we just ask.everyone to play a roll, like Hawthorn used to do before they recruited Vickers and realised some bloke jusy can't.
Glad you mentioned Vickery since Lynch's performance tonight was strangely reminiscent of him. Particularly the lack of coordination & running to the wrong spot over and over again. :$

played a great decoy role for jack higgins and snagged 3 himself :thumbsu:

you-jelly_4036868_lrg.jpg

Glad you mentioned Vickery since Lynch's performance tonight was strangely reminiscent of him. Particularly the lack of coordination & running to the wrong spot over and over again. :$
Yes we know Hawthorn were willing to pay massive overs for Lynch as they did for Vickers, fortunately the similarities end there.

When he played with the Gold Coast he kicked about 8 goals I think against Carlton last time they played in Melbourne. Clearly gone downhill with Richmond’s “development” team.
And 7 the time before that. Worrying signs that he looked completely out of it against his normal bunnies

One

Point

Four

MILLION
He's heavily back-ended so by the time they work out he's useless he'll be soaking up most of their cap (after Dusty & Riewoldt have retired) so they'll be cellar dwellers once again.

If you're going to overpay for a spud expansion team KPF you'd want to hope you can squeeze a flag out of him before in all inevitably comes crashing down.

Back