Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 7 touches in his first game for Richmond. Piss weak and definitely not worth the million or so they're rumoured to be paying him.

That equates to about $142,857 per possie or $333,333 per goal. **** me Tiggs, I know he helped you beat Carlton in R1 but that sure is some way to lose your heads over a single flag. :$:thumbsu:

Only 7 touches in his first game for Richmond. Piss weak and definitely not worth the million or so they're rumoured to be paying him.

That equates to about $142,857 per possie or $333,333 per goal. **** me Tiggs, I know he helped you beat Carlton in R1 but that sure is some way to lose your heads over a single flag. :$:thumbsu:
Still better value than T Boyd so far, all is not lost and i'm sure he'll kick a swag of goals against baklava when we destroy the scats in R12.....:)

Big Tom is currently winning the Coleman medal. Worth every penny so far. What a ROI.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

a.jpg

As you know I dislike being judgemental or harsh in my assesment of opposition players, but with all the media brouhaha over Tom Lynch I decided to look closer at his previous accomplishments and am stunned at how average they've been.

• Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since
  • He's kicked more than 5 goals in a game just twice, and both those times were against Carlton
  • He averaged only 2 goals a game this year. Even Daniel Menzel, Josh Jenkins & Jarrad Waite averaged more
  • Tom didn't land a sincle hit-out all year. Not one. As a 199cm forward ruck option... going to a team with sh*t rucks
  • In almost every statistical area Tom's output has dropped since 2016

Is this mercenary really the star KPF he's being made out to be? Richmond are carrying on like he's the perfect future replacement for Riewoldt yet the stats prove Jack shits all over him and it'll likely be the equivalent of replacing his cousin Nick with Tim Membrey. :$

How good is that picture?

#BigWayneCarey

Please..........no masturbating on a public forum.

When bigTommy was bout 23(?) Years of age,duck said he was the "best" footy player.

These are the facts I just messenger them.

Crazy how his prime years are still ahead of him though. Future looks rosy with this former AFL skipper with 6 years left on the contract

When bigTommy was bout 23(?) Years of age,duck said he was the "best" footy player.

Duck has stated that about 6 players. Jeremy Cameron being one of them.

You got a good player for $1.3 million a year, just be happy with that.

Duck has stated that about 6 players. Jeremy Cameron being one of them.

You got a good player for $1.3 million a year, just be happy with that.

Tbf Cameron is a dam superstar.

Probably the best fwd in the game outside Lynch. Martin jack.

I think Lynch is on 500k last year. This year. Next year. But north fans seem to have a good salary cap understanding I'll defer to u

Well, given how the club's image has been battered over the last week or so....

Battered:rolleyes:, you are just talking fish and chips now..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, given how the club's image has been battered over the last week or so....
battered lol, all just piss in the wind, annoying that only one commentator bothered to check and see that Lynch was actually the retaliator, after being tummy tapped himself a few minutes before.

Slow week, if you want a big story make sure someone from Richmond is involved, simple fact.

Even you would know this rubbish just makes clubs stronger, us against them, classic Tom Hafey.

Other than Richmond fanbois, I dont know of anyone who rates him at all. So the answer is No, hes not over rated.
You dont get out much do you?

"Lynch was the one who kept the Tigers in this game when the rampaging Cats led by 21 points at halftime.

And Lynch was the one who went on a rampage when Richmond made its move with the first five goals of the third quarter."

Last edited:
battered lol, all just piss in the wind, annoying that only one commentator bothered to check and see that Lynch was actually the retaliator, after being tummy tapped himself a few minutes before.

Slow week, if you want a big story make sure someone from Richmond is involved, simple fact.

Even you would know this rubbish just makes clubs stronger, us against them, classic Tom Hafey.
You dont get out much do you?
Postcodes is a fanboi :$
I bet youre the kind of middle aged man to hang around the team bus for a glimpse of one of your heroes

Last edited:
Postcodes is a fanboi :$
I bet youre the kind of middle aged man to push the kids out of the way to get an autograph from you favorite players
A poster going by the name of his favourite player calling me a fanboi, it doesn't get more ironic than this, unless it rains on your wedding day.

Doesnt matter really, the amount of Tiger threads going around atm gives us plenty of salt to lap up!

Loving it.
It such a laugh, RFC are keeping the football World alive, if Trent forgot to flush the toilet it would be front page news.

So much angst from all these sadsack oppo supporters is hugely amusing.

I'm waiting for the "Jordan DeGoey -- is he a criminal?" thread
Why wait!!!!
You start every other Crap thread why not another to deflect away from the edge of the world at geelong. :$

a.jpg

As you know I dislike being judgemental or harsh in my assesment of opposition players, but with all the media brouhaha over Tom Lynch I decided to look closer at his previous accomplishments and am stunned at how average they've been.

• Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since
  • He's kicked more than 5 goals in a game just twice, and both those times were against Carlton
  • He averaged only 2 goals a game this year. Even Daniel Menzel, Josh Jenkins & Jarrad Waite averaged more
  • Tom didn't land a sincle hit-out all year. Not one. As a 199cm forward ruck option... going to a team with sh*t rucks
  • In almost every statistical area Tom's output has dropped since 2016

Is this mercenary really the star KPF he's being made out to be? Richmond are carrying on like he's the perfect future replacement for Riewoldt yet the stats prove Jack shits all over him and it'll likely be the equivalent of replacing his cousin Nick with Tim Membrey. :$

Kicks 60+ goals in first season despite limited preseason
Kicked 5 in a prelim to lead his team into a Grand Final, also kicked 5+ 2 more times
Won a premiership in his first year without missing a game, meanwhile Hawthorns big money recruits continue to miss games and disappoint

Kicks 60+ goals in first season despite limited preseason
Kicked 5 in a prelim to lead his team into a Grand Final, also kicked 5+ 2 more times
Won a premiership in his first year without missing a game, meanwhile Hawthorns big money recruits continue to miss games and disappoint
Football team wins 2 flags in 3 seasons............. still responds to two year old post due to chronic insecurity. :drunk:

Football team wins 2 flags in 3 seasons............. still responds to two year old post due to chronic insecurity. :drunk:

It was me. I don't speak of behalf of the Richmond football club. (officially, yet).

I was merely asking if you wise folk knew where the 'lynch will destroy the tigers ' discussion has gone to cheer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Back