Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes so unlucky, we got the player Collingwood wanted and needed for less than Collingwood offered, this shit just keeps getting funnier.
We smashed you without Beams, we shall give you an almighty rogering with Beams. Enjoy being Sydney with your 2 overpaid forwards!

"The long-term deal is reportedly worth more than $6 million, up to $900,000 per season."
Yeah nah I'm with Snake on this one, no way Lynch's deal is for 900k.

AFL player contracts aren't public so the club can make up any lowball figure it likes, feed that to the media to take pressure on Tom when he inevitably under-performs but meanwhile he's actually getting $1.4m a year which is why your mob's had to jettison depth players to squeeze him in. This is why Rance cracked the shits mid-year when he was chatting to the media about Lynch, not happy he isn't in the same pay bracket and the same can be said for Riewoldt.

We smashed you without Beams, we shall give you an almighty rogering with Beams. Enjoy being Sydney with your 2 overpaid forwards!
I see May said he chose Melbourne over Collingwood for sustained success, smart man.

I bet you cant wait for all your premiership goodies to arrive, oh thats right:D

Yeah nah I'm with Snake on this one, no way Lynch's deal is for 900k.

AFL player contracts aren't public so the club can make up any lowball figure it likes, feed that to the media to take pressure on Tom when he inevitably under-performs but meanwhile he's actually getting $1.4m a year which is why your mob's had to jettison depth players to squeeze him in. This is why Rance cracked the shits mid-year when he was chatting to the media about Lynch, not happy he isn't in the same pay bracket and the same can be said for Riewoldt.
1.4mill after Snake assured us they drove Martins price up so high we had no cap space?
That one article he quotes is so old he had to get it fom the google cache, strange that all news papers etc that normally like quoting a big dollar story, havent run with that old rubbish, instead they have all quoted the same 900k figure since before he signed with us?

Anyway who cares the cap has to be used on someone, last week Snake was claiming we lost Premiership players to bring in Lynch, yet we lost none, not one Premiership player lost, and everyone of those players you say is upset at Lynch's arrival resigned, amazing isn't it:rolleyes:

The 25-year-old has signed a massive seven-year deal where he’s expected to earn just shy of $1 million per season
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...l/news-story/9a7408a6a68acd4ad83727cc44927930
Rance, clearly, isn’t so concerned about Lynch today, given he’s had his contract extended, along with those of Trent Cotchin and Riewoldt, in deals that have been put together with Lynch in mind.
on a minimum six-year deal on close to a million dollars per season
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/forward-thinking-delivers-lynch-to-richmond-20180906-p5028k.html
Lynch is likely to ask for less money per season to accept a deal past five seasons, sitting him underneath Martin on around $1 million a year.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/754e5473a9b84b6867947240280c9ec1

Now only time will tell whether he is a success as is the case for all recruits trades etc. but lets stop the butt ache from Collingwood and Hawthorn supporters whose clubs were desperate to sign him, he chose the club he thought was most likely to succeed and was willing to take unders to join the Tiger Army, just accept it as fact. 900k, wow what a steal.

Close thread!

Actually most players choose success over money, at a big club like Richmond that wins flags, there is lots of filthy loot to be made after your career is over.

Collingwood apparently offered 1.4 mill, he came to us for a lot less, smart man.
1.4M for some injured GC flog. Classic Richmond, no wonder you had to kick out all your depth!

1.4M for some injured GC flog. Classic Richmond, no wonder you had to kick out all your depth!
Play way above yourself on Prelim day, then choke in the last minutes on the big day as usual.
Desperately bid overs on Lynch and May who you really needed, then pay well overs in draft picks for a mid you dont really need.
Never change Collingwood, long may you keep us all in laughter.

They kicked your arse by 40 points without him.

You reckon he's good for 7 goals a game?
Not if Rance keeps shitting the bed against Cox. Although I hear Rance is used to having to having Cox push his shit in... :rainbow:

a.jpg

As you know I dislike being judgemental or harsh in my assesment of opposition players, but with all the media brouhaha over Tom Lynch I decided to look closer at his previous accomplishments and am stunned at how average they've been.

• Lynch has kicked more than 40 odd goals only once, back in 2016 and has been a shadow on that player ever since
  • He's kicked more than 5 goals in a game just twice, and both those times were against Carlton
  • He averaged only 2 goals a game this year. Even Daniel Menzel, Josh Jenkins & Jarrad Waite averaged more
  • Tom didn't land a sincle hit-out all year. Not one. As a 199cm forward ruck option... going to a team with shit rucks
  • In almost every statistical area Tom's output has dropped since 2016

Is this mercenary really the star KPF he's being made out to be? Richmond are carrying on like he's the perfect future replacement for Riewoldt yet the stats prove Jack shits all over him and it'll likely be the equivalent of replacing his cousin Nick with Tim Membrey. :$
Well... Jack shits on every key forward not named Buddy and Is on Par with J. Kennedy. no shame in being worse player...

I just read through this whole thread and "WOW" I'm amazed at the salt and hate for Richmond I doubt you Hawks or Pies fans would be calling him "overrated" if he joined your club. and it's so typical that person who is Hawks fan starts a thread about him being overrated as soon as you miss out on him. maybe it's your opinion and your allowed to have one but if he didn't join Richmond it would have been either Collingwood or Hawthorn. so he been overrated there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually most players choose success over money, at a big club like Richmond that wins flags, there is lots of filthy loot to be made after your career is over.

Collingwood apparently offered 1.4 mill, he came to us for a lot less, smart man.

Flags?

Flags?

1 in 35 years is not Flags.

I just read through this whole thread and "WOW" I'm amazed at the salt and hate for Richmond I doubt you Hawks or Pies fans would be calling him "overrated" if he joined your club. and it's so typical that person who is Hawks fan starts a thread about him being overrated as soon as you miss out on him. maybe it's your opinion and your allowed to have one but if he didn't join Richmond it would have been either Collingwood or Hawthorn. so he been overrated there too.

I said he was overrated before he chose. Im glad we arent paying him $1m a year over 7 years. That is what you call critical list clogging.

Ahhh. My bad.
You're still very angry at Richmond because Dustin Martin accepted an offer to play for Richmond that was about $1.5 million less that North offered.
Your embarrassment, envy and fury is entirely justified :thumbsu:

Classic Grin

giphy.gif

Yeah, we offered him double what we offered Buddy, because Lynch is twice the player...
Salary cap has increased, same for the average player payments, cap has to be used.
What the Swans paid Buddy would be considered a bargain now, much like the 900k we are paying Lynch is a bargain.

With the amount North offers in its desperation to land a big fish, all players will be on a million in the near future.

Back