Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Tom Lynch: Has the AFL media overrated him??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All reports are about 6.5m over 7 years total, so about an average of 900k, but this is apparently heavily backended so about 500k next couple of years, then going into 1.1 mill range, Ive heard no sources outside bay flogs dispute this, I imagine it is close to the mark.

Unless of course you have better information that you not just plucking out of your arse?

I've got the same information that you have. Also the same information that the authors of "all reports" plucked out of their arses (after Richmond and Lynch's manager shoved it up there).

Strangely enough, it is in the best interest of the player and the club he goes to if they SAY he came for less money than he could have had elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not. Sounds good to the consumers.

It's a funny one because I rate him AND think he's criminally overrated. But he has me interested to see if Richmond will actually be any good this year

I've got the same information that you have. Also the same information that the authors of "all reports" plucked out of their arses (after Richmond and Lynch's manager shoved it up there).

Strangely enough, it is in the best interest of the player and the club he goes to if they SAY he came for less money than he could have had elsewhere.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not. Sounds good to the consumers.
Not in the best interest of the club he came from as the pick they get is partly reliant on his wage at the new club.

Ive heard nothing apart from 900k a year over 6.5 years, if you have some better info lets hear it, if not we will have to assume 900k is correct.
He's ours, he is in our cap without us losing even one of our Premiership players, thats all that really matters, only time will tell if the deal was good but there are not many other clubs that would'nt have jumped at the chance of recruiting him

It's a funny one because I rate him AND think he's criminally overrated. But he has me interested to see if Richmond will actually be any good this year
Same question asked last year, we missed on the prelim but were overall better than 2017 and have lost none of those players while adding an athletic kpp, so like any top club no reason to think anything will change. If anything our age demographic is at a better point than 2017/18

Ive heard nothing apart from 900k a year over 6.5 years, if you have some better info lets hear it, if not we will have to assume 900k is correct.

Cool world you live in.

No facts are available, so you challenge the world to disprove the version of spin which suits you.

Wanna know why the AFLPA is so adamantly against player salaries being public knowledge?

BAAAH. You took too long.

Answer: So players can lie about them.

Even to their team mates.

Cool world you live in.

No facts are available, so you challenge the world to disprove the version of spin which suits you.

Wanna know why the AFLPA is so adamantly against player salaries being public knowledge?

BAAAH. You took too long.

Answer: So players can lie about them.

Even to their team mates.
If it was Carlton that recruited him you would be quoting the 900k as fact:$

The player hasn't said anything, no need to lie and the media isnt there to help Richmond, as in life if there is smoke there is usually fire, all quotes are of him signing for 900k, only an idiot would whine and dispute these figures with not a hint of any.other number coming out.

The fact is to fit into our cap the figure must be close to the mark, try thinking occassionally instead of trolling.

If it was Carlton that recruited him you would be quoting the 900k as fact:$

The player hasn't said anything, no need to lie and the media isnt there to help Richmond, as in life if there is smoke there is usually fire, all quotes are of him signing for 900k, only an idiot would whine and dispute these figures with not a hint of any.other number coming out.

The fact is to fit into our cap the figure must be close to the mark, try thinking occassionally instead of trolling.

Want a tissue dude?

If only Alex Rance had your commitment to defensive behavior he would be a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same question asked last year, we missed on the prelim but were overall better than 2017 and have lost none of those players while adding an athletic kpp, so like any top club no reason to think anything will change. If anything our age demographic is at a better point than 2017/18
The only thing thats been constant is no injury to Dusty Rance or Revolt for 2 years.
Just 1 would be disaster

The only thing thats been constant is no injury to Dusty Rance or Revolt for 2 years.
Just 1 would be disaster
Didnt Hawthorn get a similar run out of Mitchell, Hodge etc if you have a good medical dept your players tend to stay on the ground, we had a normal amount of injuries last year to other players, just our leaders were able to stay on the park.
Any team would miss Martin the other two we have cover for now that we brought in Lynch, our back line runs a lot deeper than just Rance.

The no injuries stories were just a beat up, Rioli was out for half a year as was Prestia both key players that we covered without much difficulty.

Lynch has got me hard. If you’re not hard at the thought of Lynch and Jack terrorising defenders, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. It must be hard to accept it, but please, it’s hardly rocket science? Gonna be real hard to beat us next year

Didnt Hawthorn get a similar run out of Mitchell, Hodge etc if you have a good medical dept your players tend to stay on the ground, we had a normal amount of injuries last year to other players, just our leaders were able to stay on the park.
Any team would miss Martin the other two we have cover for now that we brought in Lynch, our back line runs a lot deeper than just Rance.

The no injuries stories were just a beat up, Rioli was out for half a year as was Prestia both key players that we covered without much difficulty.
Hawks at their peak never relied so heavily on 3 players

Lynch has got me hard. If you’re not hard at the thought of Lynch and Jack terrorising defenders, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. It must be hard to accept it, but please, it’s hardly rocket science? Gonna be real hard to beat us next year
What if Richmond get actual injuries next season, for the first time in 3 years?

Lynch has got me hard. If you’re not hard at the thought of Lynch and Jack terrorising forwards, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. It must be hard to accept it, but please, it’s hardly rocket science? Gonna be real hard to beat us next year
Tiges dump the ball on the backmens head
Revolt and Caddie just jump early to take out as many defenders as possible for the smalls to crumb
So Lynch is one less small
Tiges delivery due to the chaos game plan isnt that great to regularly pin point a leading forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Lynch -- is he a criminally overrated footballer destined to disappoint at Richmond?

Back