Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideal scenario after all the norf flogs spruiked they have ruined our salary cap and we won't be able to afford to pay our players or recruit established players is GC finish last norf 17th.
Lunch joins Richmond they accept the AFL compo end up with picks 1&2 as a result and norf get dropped back to 3 and lose any hope of getting Izac Rankin

My ideal scenario after all the norf flogs spruiked they have ruined our salary cap and we won't be able to afford to pay our players or recruit established players is GC finish last norf 17th.
Lunch joins Richmond they accept the AFL compo end up with picks 1&2 as a result and norf get dropped back to 3 and lose any hope of getting Izac Rankin

That kid looks amazing

Looks better than Lids to me....

Come on.. I have barely seen this Rankin kid but Brett Deledio at 17 was rated clearly (by everyone) ahead of Buddy, Roughead, Ryan Griffin, Lewis and yes, Richard Tambling.

He was unbelievably quick (remember him at 18yo running away a from 22yo Chris Judd in Perth?) with pinpoint disposal (on both sides) and great hands above his head.

IMO he is still the classiest, best skilled and physically most gifted player we have had at Richmond in the last 30 years. An absolute Rolls Royce. At one stage he was the fastest, most skilled player at the club while also being the strongest.

Altogether Dusty, Rance and Cotch (maybe) are probably better than Lids was but don't forget how good he was. He also played about 10 years straight barely missing a week.

That kid looks amazing
He's a jet, I don't want bloody norf to get him that's for sure, pre BF I wouldn't have cared I'd be happy for the underdog, but now I've seen that they're as bad as Carlton supporters just not as many - **** that!

Come on.. I have barely seen this Rankin kid but Brett Deledio at 17 was rated clearly (by everyone) ahead of Buddy, Roughead, Ryan Griffin, Lewis and yes, Richard Tambling.

He was unbelievably quick (remember him at 18yo running away a from 22yo Chris Judd in Perth?) with pinpoint disposal (on both sides) and great hands above his head.

IMO he is still the classiest, best skilled and physically most gifted player we have had at Richmond in the last 30 years. An absolute Rolls Royce. At one stage he was the fastest, most skilled player at the club while also being the strongest.

Altogether Dusty, Rance and Cotch (maybe) are probably better than Lids was but don't forget how good he was. He also played about 10 years straight barely missing a week.
Saying this kid looks better is no slight on Lids. I was talking about comparing them at the same age and Rankine is only 16 here. Unbelievable skill and poise for that age.

Last edited:
WOW...spatial awareness on the field and amongst player traffic is amazing...so composed and unflustered!
Very classy! Not as blistering fast as Lids and not sure if he can take one grab marks like Lids! but can this kid move through traffic!
Nice accurate kick...evasive...untouchable! Wonder if he can handle heavy tackles and tags!
Best young footballer i have seen since Lids and Juddy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think with a person with Lids skill set would've evolved into one of the all time greats.
Never fully clicked for him. Was still a great player, just never reached his full potential.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you mean we've already gone B2B I didn't notice :eek:. really poor on my account.

If you mean we've offered him the right amount and we're waiting to see how the season pans out then I agree. If GC crash and burn and we are top 4 then we are in it up to our eyeballs.
I talking about Prestia/Caddy having his # on speed dial ;)

Also wouldn't be surprised if we have more in the bank then it would appear. There was some report on afl.com.au today stating that Cotch was one of a few who was on a million+ last year. With dusty's contract coming in this season he could well drop down to 500k or something. All of a sudden we are only paying 1.6m for Cotch + Dusty which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if Rance and Jack's contracts were front loaded as well with the look to load up for a flag (which came earlier than expected) in the next couple of years. I think we will have the cash there, if he wants to come.

Also wouldn't be surprised if we have more in the bank then it would appear. There was some report on afl.com.au today stating that Cotch was one of a few who was on a million+ last year. With dusty's contract coming in this season he could well drop down to 500k or something. All of a sudden we are only paying 1.6m for Cotch + Dusty which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if Rance and Jack's contracts were front loaded as well with the look to load up for a flag (which came earlier than expected) in the next couple of years. I think we will have the cash there, if he wants to come.

1st Point - Izak Rankin reminds me of Peter Matera for the people to young to know who he is google him and let me know what you think.

Back to the post im quoting
I have been saying this until the cows come home for anybody that wanted to listen, We our club have said 4 years ago that we had a war chest and were looking to get a top line player to the club and failed until last year when we got Prestia at $700k - Where did this war chest get used in the 3 years prior to getting Prestia - Jack Riewoldt,Trent Cotchin,Alex Rance IMO were all front ended not to lose the ability to pay bigger amounts to players in future years

Chris Yarran - His salary was $450k x 3 years and was paid his 1st years salary but agreed to take $100k for the next 2 years to get out of his contract and retire.

Tyrone Vickery's salary went straight to Caddy

Maric,Hunt,Morris,Griffiths,Lennon,Batchelor - All these players were on decent coin and i would even go as far as to say that is $2 million dollars just there and have been replaced by new draftee's all on base salaries - Where is this coin being paid in 2018 ?

Rance,Riewoldt,Cotchin - All our higher paid players have been contracted prior to the new deal where the salary cap increased by $2 mil a year so unlikely that their current deals would have any increases that would have factored in an increase due to the new deal.

My opinion is All our big contracted players have recieved majority of their salaries in the last 2 years and Dusty's new contract would have had a component that included a big front up payment in 2017 which would be around the $2mil range even before his 1st year of his contract which starts in 2018 which would bring down the yearly salary to less than $1 mil a year.

I also believe that we did have a strong interest in both Josh Schache & Levi Casboult and these players combined would have been around the $800k a year range and we were balls deep into both and suddenly - We didnt want them ??? Why

I really do believe we are making a strong play for Lynch and it wont be the biggest $$$$ But the Biggest club and Real premiership chance pitch that we are selling to him, But it will be the loyalty to GC that will be the hurdle and not the dollars imo

People that will play a major part in convincing him to come to richmond will be
Dion Prestia & Josh Caddy - Mates Call
Dustin Martin,Trent Cotchin,Jack Riewoldt,Alex Rance - Gun Players being around for 5 years makes a massive sell
Neil Balme - This man just Oozes class in what he does and gets things done
Leppa,Rutten,Hardwick,Caracella,X Clarke ............................ For a long time we have not had a coaching panel that we could say 'Damn Im happy with them.

There is alot of good things happening at Tigerland and alot of shit happening at Collingwood & Gold Coast

We are already there

its-happening.gif
its-happening.gif

its-happening.gif
its-happening.gif

1st Point - Izak Rankin reminds me of Peter Matera for the people to young to know who he is google him and let me know what you think.

Back to the post im quoting
I have been saying this until the cows come home for anybody that wanted to listen, We our club have said 4 years ago that we had a war chest and were looking to get a top line player to the club and failed until last year when we got Prestia at $700k - Where did this war chest get used in the 3 years prior to getting Prestia - Jack Riewoldt,Trent Cotchin,Alex Rance IMO were all front ended not to lose the ability to pay bigger amounts to players in future years

Chris Yarran - His salary was $450k x 3 years and was paid his 1st years salary but agreed to take $100k for the next 2 years to get out of his contract and retire.

Tyrone Vickery's salary went straight to Caddy

Maric,Hunt,Morris,Griffiths,Lennon,Batchelor - All these players were on decent coin and i would even go as far as to say that is $2 million dollars just there and have been replaced by new draftee's all on base salaries - Where is this coin being paid in 2018 ?

Rance,Riewoldt,Cotchin - All our higher paid players have been contracted prior to the new deal where the salary cap increased by $2 mil a year so unlikely that their current deals would have any increases that would have factored in an increase due to the new deal.

My opinion is All our big contracted players have recieved majority of their salaries in the last 2 years and Dusty's new contract would have had a component that included a big front up payment in 2017 which would be around the $2mil range even before his 1st year of his contract which starts in 2018 which would bring down the yearly salary to less than $1 mil a year.

I also believe that we did have a strong interest in both Josh Schache & Levi Casboult and these players combined would have been around the $800k a year range and we were balls deep into both and suddenly - We didnt want them ??? Why

I really do believe we are making a strong play for Lynch and it wont be the biggest $$$$ But the Biggest club and Real premiership chance pitch that we are selling to him, But it will be the loyalty to GC that will be the hurdle and not the dollars imo

People that will play a major part in convincing him to come to richmond will be
Dion Prestia & Josh Caddy - Mates Call
Dustin Martin,Trent Cotchin,Jack Riewoldt,Alex Rance - Gun Players being around for 5 years makes a massive sell
Neil Balme - This man just Oozes class in what he does and gets things done
Leppa,Rutten,Hardwick,Caracella,X Clarke ............................ For a long time we have not had a coaching panel that we could say 'Damn Im happy with them.

There is alot of good things happening at Tigerland and alot of shit happening at Collingwood & Gold Coast

We are already there

its-happening.gif
its-happening.gif

its-happening.gif
its-happening.gif

Great now we are no chance. Perma ban required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back