MRP / Trib. Tom Lynch Tribunal Discussion - Not guilty free to play

Remove this Banner Ad

How the fu** they didn't argue insufficient force to any high region I don't know.
They did.

Richmond says even if the hand did slip high, "the primary contact clearly is made to the upper chest and potentially collarbone region of Hurley", and that any contact to the neck or head was "negligible".

"Hurley's immediate response was genuine and spontaneous. And if there was no contact to his throat at all, as Mr Lynch suggests, it was a somewhat miraculous piece of quick thinking to clutch at the very area it sure looked like contact was made to."

What ridiculous nonsense from Gleeson, claiming it was "miraculous thinking" from Hurley to grab at his neck if he wasn't struck there, you could be the dumbest person on earth and know to grab at your neck to try and get a free if an opponent had pushed or whacked you to the upper chest and maybe lightly touched his neck.

And it's the exact same thing Vlastuin did!!!

I agree with Gleeson.

For Hurley to "fabricate" his response to the blow by Lynch he'd have to have the bodily awareness, lighting reflexes, and hand-eye coordination of an elite athlete.

Oh, wait...

Tribunal chairman David Jones going over the guidelines for what a strike is. "It has to be delivered with such force to Hurley as to constitute the reportable offence of striking ... if you're not clearly satisfied with that on the balance of probabilities, then he's not guilty. If you are satisfied he delivered a blow and it was sufficient force to constitute striking, he's guilty of the offence, subject to the grading you consider should apply.

That right there is why we should have argued insufficient force

Agreed. So so poor our argument. Hope the jurors just see the incident for what it is. Seems like the Chair is leading them in the right direction.

So yesterday it was reported that the tribunal could consider all 4 incidents, but the tribunal chairman has said that they can only consider the Hurley incident is important

Jon Ralph said all 4 incidents, Tom Browne said today it wouldnt.

Cant believe Tom Browne got something right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Gleeson.

For Hurley to "fabricate" his response to the blow by Lynch he'd have to have the bodily awareness, lighting reflexes, and hand-eye coordination of an elite athlete.

Oh, wait...
Lol what I find funny is he pretty much called Hurley dumb. Suggesting he’s not quick thinking enough to stage.

The biggest problem with the afl tribunal process is that the afl actively try and make a player guilty instead of just sticking to the facts

They just threw this poll up on the stream

Will Tom Lynch be found guilty of striking?

Yes25.6%

No74.4%
626 Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tom Lynch Tribunal Discussion - Not guilty free to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back