List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

I've only been saying that for 4 weeks I guess

And the Age had Reid at 18 and Allan at 19. Extraordinary to think Reid could slip to late teens based on his U18 output.

I’m an advocate to take 7-8 picks in this draft. I’m sure we will pick up at least 1 x F1 or F2 on the way through, so next year will take care of itself.

Gonna be a couple of tough years, but I don’t give a sh*t losing if I’m watching elite youngsters I know will get us back contending in the future.

Keeping all of our players and taking 1 and 21 to the draft could leave us in no-man’s land for a generation.

Very exciting times!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TOP PICKS ON TABLE

NORTH Melbourne's No.2 pick and West Coast's No.3 selection are on the table as trade chips as clubs contemplate moves up the draft board.

The Roos have been open to splitting the pick for another top-10 selection and a future first-round choice, while the Eagles have dangled their top choice in a mix of trade possibilities as they look to boost their draft hand whilst also securing trade target Liam Baker.

Clubs are aware of both options, with the evenness of the 2024 crop meaning those with early selections are looking at ways to add more capital to their draft hands.

North is also among the clubs to have put forward its future first-round pick to try to buy back into this year's top-end, with the selection also on the table as the Roos chase Port Adelaide star Dan Houston.

Riley Beveridge and Cal Twomey provide the latest trade and free agency updates on day four of Trade Desk Live
The Eagles have placed pick three in the trade mix, with a number of clubs eyeing ways to include the selection as part of deals that send players different ways.

With Gold Coast having pick No.6 on the table for Daniel Rioli, and the out-of-contract Baker wanting to join the Eagles, the possibility of pick No.3 being involved in in a mix that would see the Eagles get a pick go back their way and be able to land Baker has also been raised.

But other avenues to split the pick into multiple choices also exist, particularly with the Eagles set on pick 14 from the Hawks coming their way as part of the Tom Barrass deal.

St Kilda looms as a target for clubs looking to slide back or trade up the board after the Saints nabbed pick No.8 for their Josh Battle free agency compensation, giving them picks No.7 and 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's cos they're smart. This is the worst year in history for the number 1 pick ever. The media likened it to Raynors year but that was universally down to Raynor or Mcluggage. This year could be out of 6- 8 players. Smillie was no. 1 now tanking. FOS hasn't lifted. Jaggas a bloody accumulator with lousy skills. Hilarious how Hotton still rated 10 on back of long term injury. Who bloody knows who'll be the picks of the litter, and who bloody knows if Toce is a gun or a lazy appointment a la Louie Meehan. Our next 10 years is gonna be predicated by this draft. The 5 from the 2021 top 30 haul haven't set the world on fire.

That's cos they're smart. This is the worst year in history for the number 1 pick ever. The media likened it to Raynors year but that was universally down to Raynor or Mcluggage. This year could be out of 6- 8 players. Smillie was no. 1 now tanking. FOS hasn't lifted. Jaggas a bloody accumulator with lousy skills. Hilarious how Hotton still rated 10 on back of long term injury. Who bloody knows who'll be the picks of the litter, and who bloody knows if Toce is a gun or a lazy appointment a la Louie Meehan. Our next 10 years is gonna be predicated by this draft. The 5 from the 2021 top 30 haul haven't set the world on fire.
You paint a very grim picture …. You could be right but I hope you’re not

Bolton just wants WA hasn’t nominated a club same as Houston nominated vic. So we tell the WA teams is will take a top 5 pick and at least a pick in the teens for us to even consider trading a contracted Bolton.

Would people be happy with Bolton, Baker and pick 6 for 3,14 and 2025 F1st from WC?

I would give up 10 & 11 (if Bolton chooses Freo) for Norths pick 2

Heck, we should be able to manipulate to get pick 2 through Graham Compo just got to get the Eagles to pay 900K over 5 years and we hand over Bolton and Baker + 32 for 3 & 26. Even if we have to pay some of Bolton's or Baker's wages to offset the Graham 900K. We need to get creative.

* Bolton I know is favouring Freo but with Mini and Bakes now at the Eagles, and potentially Graham, he could be swayed to join them.

We could have picks 1, 2 (compo), 4 (eagles), 6, 13 (GC hopefully),

Or if its a no go with the eagles to pay graham 900K. Then go to my earlier option which is still great for us. Bolton to Freo for picks 10&11 and we hand it over to North for Pick 2.

We would then have picks, 1, 2, 6, 13

Not including other potential later first-round picks

Last edited:
Bolton just wants WA hasn’t nominated a club same as Houston nominated vic. So we tell the WA teams is will take a top 5 pick and at least a pick in the teens for us to even consider trading a contracted Bolton.

Would people be happy with Bolton, Baker and pick 6 for 3,14 and 2025 F1st from WC?

No but I'd be happy with Baker, Bolton and Brisbane's 1st rounder and the Graham compo (if we get them) for 3 and 14 and WC F1.

Talk of West Coast splitting pick 3, we would have to be the most likely team who could appease them however they will definately want our pick 6 for Rioli.

If we make a play for Brisbane's pick 20, I would be tempted to give that and pick 6 to West Coast for pick 3 but still ask pick 14 for Baker.

Eagles fans will still be unhappy but they already are by the thought of just giving us pick 14, this way they still end up with a top 6 pick.

They will have picks 6, 20, 26 & Baker instead of just picks 3 & 26 & Barrass

We walk away with picks 3 & 14 for Rioli & Baker, end up with picks 1, 3, 14, 24, 32. Bolton trade doesn't even have to come into it.

And the Age had Reid at 18 and Allan at 19. Extraordinary to think Reid could slip to late teens based on his U18 output.

I’m an advocate to take 7-8 picks in this draft. I’m sure we will pick up at least 1 x F1 or F2 on the way through, so next year will take care of itself.

Gonna be a couple of tough years, but I don’t give a sh*t losing if I’m watching elite youngsters I know will get us back contending in the future.

Keeping all of our players and taking 1 and 21 to the draft could leave us in no-man’s land for a generation.

Very exciting times!

If we’re drafting 6+ we’re nuts to be trading down squandering our teens and 20s pics ,,,we ll have 3 low ones and 3 40+

I’d rather have 6 in top 30

I would give up 10 & 11 (if Bolton chooses Freo) for Norths pick 2

Heck, we should be able to manipulate to get pick 2 through Graham Compo just got to get the Eagles to pay 900K over 5 years and we hand over Bolton and Baker + 32 for 3 & 26. Even if we have to pay some of Bolton's or Baker's wages to offset the Graham 900K. We need to get creative.

* Bolton I know is favouring Freo but with Mini and Bakes now at the Eagles, and potentially Graham, he could be swayed to join them.

We could have picks 1, 2 (compo), 4 (eagles), 6, 13 (GC hopefully),

Or if its a no go with the eagles to pay graham 900K. Then go to my earlier option which is still great for us. Bolton to Freo for picks 10&11 and we hand it over to North for Pick 2.

We would then have picks, 1, 2, 6, 13

Not including other potential later first-round picks
I would go more 13 and 11 for 2. North will want a tall and maybe a mid maybe both keys.

That's cos they're smart. This is the worst year in history for the number 1 pick ever. The media likened it to Raynors year but that was universally down to Raynor or Mcluggage.
Raynor and McCluggage were different years.

I would go more 13 and 11 for 2. North will want a tall and maybe a mid maybe both keys.
We should just give them picks 41 and 72 for pick 2.

Absolutely

WC future 1st is a top 5 pick so a slight upgrade on 6

Bolton for 3 and Baker for 14

So 2024 1,3,14 and then we're likely to have 3-4 picks before 30 before we even move any of our later picks to trade up or into 2025

2025 likely we'd have pick 1 and 3 plus whatever else we traded in.

4x picks in the top 4 or consecutive drafts is elite

Brisbane cannot currently match a bid on Ashcroft at pick 1.

Their points total is 1089 and the max deficit is 1167.

They will need at least an additional 730 to match a bid on Marshall if it is top 20.

There is absolutely no reason for us not to bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 unless we are being adequately compensated. Ashcroft is born in December and still equally as good as any other number 1. His brother just won a norm smith.

If we bid it eliminates a shitload of draft picks. It also potentially means Marshall doesn’t get matched which means all picks after him go up 1 position in value, if course we could be the ones to take Marshall.

So other than their first and future first, which young gun do we want? Coleman?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back