Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Tom, hope you find our niche in the backline, or a dangerous 3rd tall alongside Todd and Mitch.

And as for a nickname, I'm guessing it's Macca, or Roller.

McCallum's top traits fall under the umbrella of athleticism, with his all-round profile proving valuable to his on-field game. Perhaps his most eye-catching attribute is speed, with the 18-year-old capable of taking off in a flash and generating damaging running passages out of defence.

In the a similar vein, McCallum's vertical leap lends to strong aerial prowess. He reads the flow of play nicely and even if he's caught slightly out of position, has enough closing speed and range to at least impact the contest. At his best, he rises for some incredible marks and averaged over five throughout the NAB League season. Even more impressively, he clunked seven in three-consecutive National Championship games.

"blending speed, endurance"

Unique?

Seems like a Ryan Burton clone.
Let's Houston and others move up the ground/midfield.

FWIW, I reckon this kid will play decent quality AFL level footy. Just won’t be the guy to stand Tom Hawkins’ younger brother in a major final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...but seriously. Bit short. This is a classic pick for the way Bassett used to run the defence. Small and "talls only hurt if they are good lol"

Good luck to him. Not a particularly inspiring pick.

Definitely Roller is a contender but more obscure candidates are Illya, Uncle and Doc.

I saw a clip from an episode of NCIS where someone asked Gibbs what “Ducky was like when he was younger”.

The response was “Illya Kuryakin”

You never want to write a kid off early, but is this what we really needed? Another mid sized defender. Hope he turns out to be an exceptional talent.
Stop being negative and give the kid a go, he has been compared to Tom Stewart who he is taller than, and is still growing

Havent read the thread yet but he is an actual Chayce Jones at halfback clone

MV5BMTk4ODA0NDM2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDEyOTIzMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back