Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

And here I was thinking you were referencing Dr Mallard
Having never watched NCIS I didn't even know he is played by David McCallum. That makes your previous post a lot funnier, I thought it was just a random reference to the original Man from UNCLE.

Seen a fair bit of this kid and he’s a great pick

Is a beast athletically and prob ends up similar size key defender to Tom Mccartin

Covers ground superbly at speed which is just as good as being another 3cm tall , especially when you can jump

Jordan Ridley type vibes from those highlights. Hope he goes well and looks to have a good skill set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barry Brooks was from King Island. Took him pick 15 in 2001 and made ruckman number 6 on the list for 2002. Traded him out 12 months later to St Kilda for pick #8 which became 6 when Carlton were stripped of pick 1 and 2 for salary cap cheating. Used 6 to get Salopek.

I reckon we have had a mature age player drafted / rookied who has played in Tassie, but pretty sure wasnt a Tasmanian, a few years after Brooks.

Edit we traded Brooks for 8+35 and after Carlton were stripped of picks 1, 2, 31 and 34 after the trade period, they became picks 6 and 31 and we traded 31 as part of the Picket trade ( we had pick 15 which became 13 and traded that for Pickett as well).

We also traded French for Carlton's pick 18 + 31. So we went from 6 to 4 ruckman. 18 became 16 so we used it to draft Stephen Gilham but lost pick 31 as that was one of Carlton's stripped picks and we got no compo. Typical farken AFL!!!

Draft Verrall tomorrow and we are almost back to 2002 ruck numbers, just very inexperienced compared to 2002. Ruckmen hold their value.

Last edited:
He reminds me very much of that guy who used to wear #13 for us, can't remember his name.
This is the first time in the 6 or 7 years or so of you saying this about every player we recruit that it's actually somewhat true.

With his marking strength combined with his speed and ability to play both ends i hope we turn him into a tall damaging wingman

Nah….. looking at his hips and legs , he’ll end up a lot heavier than Pettigrew and he’s already the same height.
I agree, looks like, and I hope he'll fill out more, and he doesn't have that bendy back thing of Pettigrew, but I still see a lot of him in that movement.

Stop being negative and give the kid a go, he has been compared to Tom Stewart who he is taller than, and is still growing
Lol get your hand off it dude. Read my comments below it. Mr president of the positive club over here.

Barry Brooks was from King Island. Took him pick 15 in 2001 and made ruckman number 6 on the list for 2002. Traded him out 12 months later to St Kilda for pick #8 which became 6 when Carlton were stripped of pick 1 and 2 for salary cap cheating. Used 6 to get Salopek.

I reckon we have had a mature age player drafted / rookied who has played in Tassie, but pretty sure wasnt a Tasmanian, a few years after Brooks.

Edit we traded Brooks for 8+35 and after Carlton were stripped of picks 1, 2, 31 and 34 after the trade period, they became picks 6 and 31 and we traded 31 as part of the Picket trade ( we had pick 15 which became 13 and traded that for Pickett as well).

We also traded French for Carlton's pick 18 + 31. So we went from 6 to 4 ruckman. 18 became 16 so we used it to draft Stephen Gilham but lost pick 31 as that was one of Carlton's stripped picks and we got no compo. Typical farken AFL!!!

Draft Verrall tomorrow and we are almost back to 2002 ruck numbers, just very inexperienced compared to 2002. Ruckmen hold their value.
We don't have a rookie spot available for Verrall. Our only spot is promised for Williams to be rookie drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom McCallum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back