News Tom Morris sacked!: Leaked audio of Tom Morris objectifying female staff at 'Foxfooty' mysteriously appears on the internet. PLUS 2nd nasty video.

Should Tom Morris be sacked, suspended or no penalty

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He put himself in a position where he could get exposed and now he has been. It’s no longer a closed setting and now Fox Sports has an obligation to Barnard and other staff members at Fox.

He’s going to be punished.
Sure, he shouldn't have put himself in that position in the first place.

He definitely needs better friends also.

I worked in hospitality for 17 years, the amount of shit chefs would say about waitresses was ridiculous but it mostly never got back to them and they would usually have a reasonable working relationship.

I've told on myself for not being a misogynist and homophobe (not to mention racist)? Woe is me.

More the lacking any social life or skills.

Give me a spell. Put your hand up if you've never said things along similar lines to Morris in a private conversation.

FMD, the world of Cancel Culture is fked.
Can't say I have, as I like to think I have a basic level of respect for others. Perhaps that puts me in the minority around here.

From what I hear, he's no Robinson Crusoe with behaviour / comments like that from AFL journos.

Must be a flurry of requests going out as we speak asking mates to delete group chats.

"Sure, right after I take a few screen shots just in case...."

More the lacking any social life or skills.
If your idea of 'social skills' is advocating for Morris' comments and those who defend them, then I'm ****ing thrilled that I don't have them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great joy at seeing this smarmy muckraker get what he has coming - BUT I'll wait to see if it happens. The AFL boys club is v powerful.
They are powerful for as long as they can be but when it gets to the point where can't defend something they will throw whoever it is under the bus to ensure the gravy train continues for the majority. Can't see TM being too looked after here.

Sure, he shouldn't have put himself in that position in the first place.

He definitely needs better friends also.

I worked in hospitality for 17 years, the amount of sh*t chefs would say about waitresses was ridiculous but it mostly never got back to them and they would usually have a reasonable working relationship.
Chefs cook for a living.

Tom Morris leaks, and is now the subject of leaks. As horrible as his comments were, I think there's a karma & irony aspect to this matter that many of us find somewhat entertaining.

Give me a spell. Put your hand up if you've never said things along similar lines to Morris in a private conversation.

FMD, the world of Cancel Culture is fked.
This isn’t a “cancel culture” situation. A female employee of Fox Sports has now publicly had her personal life utterly exposed and been sexually objectified in a humiliating, public way.

Morris didn’t intend for it to become public, but his intent doesn’t matter. The outcome of his choices is disastrous here and Fox are going to have to sanction him heavily. That’s not being cancelled. It’s a professional being held accountable for being very, very unprofessional and putting his employer in a terrible position.

Yeah it may have been a private conversation with mates.

But journos would happily make a living from leaking this sh*t if it were a player or anyone else. If you have any sort of public profile these days, and AFL journalists certainly do, then you'd have to be mental to record sh*t like this.
Like Simon Goodwin in the off season. They’re reptiles.

Tom Morris leaks, and is now the subject of leaks.
Reporters don't leak. They have information leaked too them.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

You've got the nerve to even post this here. You've been preying on Tom Morris for weeks. You barrack for Richmond, Aristotle Pickett. You've been preying on him. You've been opening him up, causing turmoil for his career by declaring his behaviour before it needs to be declared. Is that the way BigFooty want you to operate? Is that what you're doing? Is that the gutter poster you want to be? Is that who you want to be?

Morris went in with a plan. He had some late stuff go on, with some language coming out in the videos. Everything other than that was according to plan, which somehow you found out about again. We need to get to the bottom of this. Obviously, he needs to put our hand up and say that there's some leakage going on. But you're preying on a journo. Your conflict of interest here is considerable. And yet, your gutter posting at the moment is killing him behind the scenes.

The health and wellbeing of people in the media is caught up in all of this stuff. They've got things to concentrate on performance-wise, they have to look after our own, and then you cause all of this muck-raking trash that happens behind the scenes. Names get brought up into it. All he's doing is chatting to mates. Are you proud of yourself? You're proud of yourself? Wow. That's enough, that's enough. Next post please. You're not welcome. Well, have you got enough boys and girls? I think we're probably done, aren't we?

This is what happens, because I know … if you found something out, you'd ring Tom Morris and say, 'look I know this … just so you know that I know … something has happened and it's got out'. The courtesy and the integrity and the ethical way to go about it has happened in the past. Now this bloke here and what he's doing, it's giving everyone else a bad name. Right when he's trying to securely communicate with his mates, with everything that's gone on behind the scenes, and this sort of stuff happens. You're an embarrassment to what you do, mate. You're an embarrassment. An absolute embarrassment.

This is one of the most brilliant things I have seen on bigfooty in the 15 years me and my friends have been here. Bravo.

From what I hear, he's no Robinson Crusoe with behaviour / comments like that from AFL journos.

Must be a flurry of requests going out as we speak asking mates to delete group chats.

"Sure, right after I take a few screen shots just in case...."
AWS storage options going for half price this afternoon.

No crime to pay for, but should publicly apologise. Whoever leaked it to the public should be the one getting sacked and ran out of town. That poor girl this was directed at should never have had to have that conversation see the light of day.

And Tom should never have said it. He's obviously just a dickhead and nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tom Morris sacked!: Leaked audio of Tom Morris objectifying female staff at 'Foxfooty' mysteriously appears on the internet. PLUS 2nd nasty video.

Back