MVP Tommy Boyd - The Grand Final Enigma

Remove this Banner Ad

I was speaking to a good mate of mine and a Hawks supporter after the game. He was so happy for us and when i said what a game Boyd had played he agreed and praised the administrators because rather than acting like minnows they targeted the biggest player on the market and so what if they paid overs because it announced our arrival as a big player.

2018 and 19 are the big years.
After this year, I'm not a believer in windows. I think things just have to come together at the right time. We do have a young list and the projections do point to a solid future but you never know. Hope you are right, but if not, we did it in 2016 when it was so unlikely. Great to have it in the bank.

After this year, I'm not a believer in windows. I think things just have to come together at the right time. We do have a young list and the projections do point to a solid future but you never know. Hope you are right, but if not, we did it in 2016 when it was so unlikely. Great to have it in the bank.
He means in Boyd's contract, the years he's getting the most

Why does the Carlton board still think they are a big chance of getting Boyd? Why did they ever think they were a chance let alone now?
supported Carlton as a kid. In reality it means absolutely zero.

a) why would we trade him?? and b) he would never want to leave to go there. It would be like trading in a nissan gtr for an old beaten up Cortina.

Its nice to have dreams though, but Carlton should really try drafting some kids rather than clogging their list with every gws reject they can get their hands on

supported Carlton as a kid. In reality it means absolutely zero.

a) why would we trade him?? and b) he would never want to leave to go there. It would be like trading in a nissan gtr for an old beaten up Cortina.

Its nice to have dreams though, but Carlton should really try drafting some kids rather than clogging their list with every gws reject they can get their hands on
It's also because Bev clearly hates him.

Think he meant those are the years when his contract pays him the most. It's contrary to other reports that we front ended his contract

Loved when he took the mark right on 50 and just went straight back to have his shot at the end of the 2nd (?) quarter. He missed, but Bevo clearly had a word to him about taking those shots after the pass to Caleb Daniel the other week. It was nice to see him be confident enough to just go back and take it himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time coming into this thread, can anyone summarize what has been going on for the last 218 pages????
giphy.gif

Must admit I had my doubts about his ability and in my mind had conceded he'd never be worth the price tag. All year I'd seen him make great position but drop those marks.

But not on the biggest stage of all. So rapt for him.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of his career with the pressure to perform well and truly off his back.

Anyone hearing Tom Boyd having a full shoulder reco??

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Tommy Boyd - The Grand Final Enigma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back