Tonight, you boys showed a lot of..

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Guts, character and determination and your mob deserve full credit for the way you really gave it to Geelong.
Though you made several critical errors and missed many shots that should have been converted to 6 points, the way you played against a rampant Geelong outfit who not only were coming off a weeks rest but also were playing on the biggest stage of their season in a game whre they were expected to run riot, was in my opinion an astounding effort and I truly think the dogs should be applauded for it.

For the same team who lost by 5 goals against my average side that is Carlton earlier this year, to end up being a lot closer to winning then what the scoreboard depicts against one of the best teams the game has ever produced, really earned my and probably the football worlds respect.

Well done and many exciting years ahead for the dogs :thumbsu:

The good thing was that most of our young guys stood up. These guys are our future. We didnt rely on our older players to carry the rest of our team.

well done boys ....... very upset but proud of the effort!!!! We need a tall forward and we win the flag!!!!! GO DOGS

The good thing was that most of our young guys stood up. These guys are our future. We didnt rely on our older players to carry the rest of our team.

Spot on, Higgins,Hill and Harbrow looked very good tonight. Not to mention Lakee who was great. They should tkae plenty out of this game, they know they are good enough to mix it with the very best on the big stage now. Bring on 09.

Rodney Eade - Masterstroke. Out coached Bomber Thompson, but the players just couldn't finish the job.

You guys shouldn't be worried. Your Premiership window is still wide open. People thought Geelong were stuffed after they lost the Prelim to Sydney...well guess what they came back twice as good and so will the Bulldogs.

It takes time to build a winning culture and a team that is strong enough to win.

Rodney Eade - Masterstroke. Out coached Bomber Thompson, but the players just couldn't finish the job.

You guys shouldn't be worried. Your Premiership window is still wide open. People thought Geelong were stuffed after they lost the Prelim to Sydney...well guess what they came back twice as good and so will the Bulldogs.

It takes time to build a winning culture and a team that is strong enough to win.

Very true, chrisjie.
It's just that it's been a long, long time between drinks!

Sad to see you go down, but you were always going to battling uphill against what is turning into a juggernaut of a team. Unfortunate you miss those 3-4 set shots in the second half, you had all the momentum but just couldnt put scoreboard pressure on. You were clearly lacking a big target in the forward 50 as well, recruit one and I expect you to go one better next year.

Congrats on a gutsy showing, doesnt make the loss any easier for you though :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort from the Bulldogs last night, the poor kicking for goal let you down but still a great effort. Higgins in the first quarter was fantastic, made Milburn look way out of his depth.

All the best for 2009 you play consistently like last night thing are looking bright next year.

Was a great effort from the Doggies. You had them looking rattled and I was really hoping you would pull it off.

It was the accuracy in front of goal that killed you. 8 behinds in a row, I think the commentators were saying at one point?:(

Would have been great to see you in the GF.

All the best for next season.

Terriffic effort by the Dogs who really served it up to Geelong and, in my opinion deserved to win.

I really thought that the disgraceful play on call when Rooke ironed out Johnson took the wind out of your sails at a time when you were mounting a serious challenge.

Commiserations for last night but congratulations on a fantastic year.

hard luck last night doggies, would have LOVED for it to be a Bulldogs v Saints granny like it shoulda been in 97

you guys played awesome though and with straighter kicking may have knocked them off

good luck in '09

...Boy, it would have been good to knock them off!

I think most of Australia was hoping you would!

It was a good game. The Dogs played tough hard football and it was such a pity that poor kicking for goal let you down.

Based on what I saw last night, you'll be in the hunt again next year. You've got one tough team and, IMO, one of the best game day coaches going. Geelong may have won the game, but Eade beat Bomber. Hands down.

Commiserations to the Dogs last night. Your pressure and defence was outstanding. It was what a final is meant to be like(and has been lacking from these final series), tough, uncompromising and difficult to score. It was sad that one team had to lose. Best of luck next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight, you boys showed a lot of..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back