Rumour Tony Armstrong to Collingwood - likely in PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer: 'Tony Armstrong heavily linked to Collingwood via delisted free agency or pre season draft or rookie draft, however not yet 100% confirmed but looking likely to be welcomed to Collingwood very very soon if not sooner'

Gave me a good laugh after a poor day on the horsies.

I prefer: 'Tony Armstrong heavily linked to Collingwood via delisted free agency or pre season draft or rookie draft, however not yet 100% confirmed but looking likely to be welcomed to Collingwood very very soon if not sooner'

Don't think that would fit on the Title

What would be better. Something Like:

Tony Armstrong Heavily Linked to Collinwood

Yes this would be a much better thread title.

Yes I went a bit early. Though the Article sounded like it was a Certintaty so I posted it like that.

Mods have not closed it and Mods Have Changed the Thread Title a Little Bit

Actually I merged the thread into an existing thread on the topic. If there is already a thread on a topic there is no need to have two. Just post it in the existing thread :thumbsu:

I don't know of any advantage imparted to us by picking him up in the PSD rather than as a DFA. This leads me to one of several possible conclusions;
a) we're looking to rookie him
b) he's made it clear he's not interested in playing for us
c) we're talking to other players as a higher priority
d) the reports were BS in the first instance
e) Tony Armstrong is a reverse vampire

It's official now:

Former Swan and Crow, Tony Armstrong, became a Magpie when he joined Collingwood as a delisted free agent on Thursday morning.

Armstrong’s imminent arrival at the Westpac Centre completes the club’s pre-draft trading, with the final touches to the list for 2014 to be made through the AFL national draft on November 21. General Manager of List Management Derek Hine will take two first round selections, 6 and 10, to the Gold Coast in a fortnight.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-11-07/armstrong-becomes-a-magpie

Forget Jordan Russell and Simon Buckley... Armstrong is...

9gvg2g.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to include "(nope, Delisted Free Agency after all!)", or something along those lines...?

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to include "(nope, Delisted Free Agency after all!)", or something along those lines...?

It was just Welcome to Collingwood Tony Armstrong. That was Exactly what Happened.

Why then was he not part of the White Trade as he was touted. We got him anyway:confused:

It was just Welcome to Collingwood Tony Armstrong. That was Exactly what Happened.

Why then was he not part of the White Trade as he was touted. We got him anyway:confused:

May have something to do with the Swans hoping they could get more elsewhere.

May have something to do with the Swans hoping they could get more elsewhere.

Could be but Never heard him linked to another club.

I say Swans wanted more then we where going to pay

I think I nailed it !!

nb I have officially joined the 'bump your own thread' 'pump up your own tyres' 'I told you so' club.
I will be in town all week. :)

For some reason I'm drawn to his hair. Haven't been this fascinated about a 'do' since Daics' had the perm going. Looks terrific. :thumbsu:

*If he cuts it I'm off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back