Rumour Tony Armstrong to Collingwood - likely in PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really cares, Armstrong is crap and I hope they change their mind, would have rather saved a spot for a late smokie in the DRAFT

I think any player can be serviceable. We could perhaps develop him into a new role. Players show all sorts of talent. Sometimes it takes the right coach to put him in his place.

Have faith in Hinesy! :thumbsu: :hearts: He doesn't just choose any pikachu.

593360_thumb.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Armstrong is rookied, and I'm assuming he's a willing participant as he probably doesn't have too many options, does this mean that #67 becomes a live pick again instead of an Oxley/Dwyer elevation pick?

If Armstrong is rookied, and I'm assuming he's a willing participant as he probably doesn't have too many options, does this mean that #67 becomes a live pick again instead of an Oxley/Dwyer elevation pick?

Good question. I was thinking at one stage that Oxley's promotion might indicate that Hine didn't have any smokies worth a two year spot on our list.

I think we have 35 senior players at the moment and will take that to 38, obviously 6 and 10 take us to 37 which means either we take a player in the PSD or use 67 on a hine special.

That is assuming Gault stays on the senior list which I hope doesn't happen

I think we have 35 senior players at the moment and will take that to 38, obviously 6 and 10 take us to 37 which means either we take a player in the PSD or use 67 on a hine special.

That is assuming Gault stays on the senior list which I hope doesn't happen
Correct. If Armstrong was to be rookied, we would have the option of a delisted free agent, live pick 67 or pre season draft selection i.e one more spot on our list to fill.

Nope. Looking like now that he could come in the Rookie Draft

Is it fair to say you were yet again a little premature in putting up yet another Welcome To Collingwood thread therefore, Dave?

Maybe a learning for next year is to wait until a player is officially a Collingwood player before putting an Official Welcome to Collingwood thread up...

Is it fair to say you were yet again a little premature in putting up yet another Welcome To Collingwood thread therefore, Dave?

Maybe a learning for next year is to wait until a player is officially a Collingwood player before putting an Official Welcome to Collingwood thread up...
TD just being competitive as he missed out on White & Adams. No harm done. :)

Yes I went a bit early. Though the Article sounded like it was a Certintaty so I posted it like that.

Mods have not closed it and Mods Have Changed the Thread Title a Little Bit

Yes I went a bit early. Though the Article sounded like it was a Certintaty so I posted it like that.

Mods have not closed it and Mods Have Changed the Thread Title a Little Bit

Maybe a learning for next year is to only post it when the club announces it...

What would be better. Something Like:

Tony Armstrong Heavily Linked to Collinwood
I prefer: 'Tony Armstrong heavily linked to Collingwood via delisted free agency or pre season draft or rookie draft, however not yet 100% confirmed but looking likely to be welcomed to Collingwood very very soon if not sooner'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back