Rumour Tony Armstrong to Collingwood - likely in PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 183 was he really a replacement for Johnson, LRT or Mattner? I reckon Rampe was more his competitor and with Tom Mitchell having a great season I think you could afford to have McVeigh mopping in defence. If Rohan plays out of defence and Shaw returns to fitness he is hard to place in your side.

May do nothing for us but we don't risk anything in bringing him in in this year.

Not directly, but with a few shifting of positions he should have been a lock in the back 6.

With Paine now off our list and replaced with Karnezis by my calculations we have currently 34 on our list. With pick 6, 10 and Dwyer we will only get to 37.

I think we will be going for Armstrong and if that falls through may opt to upgrade someone like Martin or Frost

It's 39 at the minute but that includes: Gault and the elevated rookies Hudson, Martin, Dwyer, Oxley, Frost and Mooney. If we imagine for a moment all those spots on the senior list are up for debate, that leaves 32 spots. White, Adams and Karnezis are included in the above.

We will take 6 and 10 which takes us to 34. In that scenario I could see us taking Armstrong (35) then upgrading Dwyer, Martin and Hudson which brings us to 38. We can upgrade another post NAB Cup and another at round 11.

I can see our category A rookie list as being: Gault, Frost, Oxley, Yagmoor, Kelly and X. Mooney as a category B rookie. From the two rookie lists 2 players should be elevated at round 1 and 11 and then of course there are LTI elevations.

Armstrong still a player of interest according to Hine, but "it's in Sydney's hand" as he is contracted. Not sure if a trade will happen today and that maybe he will be delisted by the swans

Feels alot like Anthony Corrie

sw50sw8sw578.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please just upgrade Martin, if we lose him next year I will spew.

Yeah Kyle Martin NEEDS to be promoted.

I'm happy to take a punt on Armstrong. Like I've said before, I don't care who we get, as long as the cost isn't high (relatively speaking) then I'm happy to take almost literally anyone.

I HATED that we got Lynch when it was announced, but at least he cost us zero.

Yeah Kyle Martin NEEDS to be promoted.

I'm happy to take a punt on Armstrong. Like I've said before, I don't care who we get, as long as the cost isn't high (relatively speaking) then I'm happy to take almost literally anyone.

I HATED that we got Lynch when it was announced, but at least he cost us zero.

I see they are Thinking that Armstong could replace Shaw. Though I highly doubt he be anything close to that Good

Funny how he was not part of the Jesse White Trade but now he will be Signed for Nothingo_O

Maybe they needed to see how trades worked out to see how many lists spots might be available to them. That's possibly an explanation? Seems they are keen for him to join but don't want to have to pay anything for him.

I don't know a thing about him apart from reading his previous draft profile, but trust Hine / Rendell know enough and that makes me think he might be handy, even as depth.

Still Talk that we are still Chasing Armstrong from Sydney.

I say 1 or of 2 things will happen.

1. We get him for Pick 69
  2. He gets De-Listed and we get him as a De-Listed Free Agent

Dekka has stated as much Re: the above so I suspect we will acquire Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back