top 10 easier to pick now..

Remove this Banner Ad

cschreuder61 said:
Hawks do need pace in the midfield, and Jetta seems to qualify for that but not in expense of a better player. With Ellis, Tuck, Muston coming through we do have some runners and outside players, but another one would nice.

Key position: Dowler, Roughead, Franklin, Williams, Little Murphy etc seems to be a decent forward line.

Backline: Croad, Jacobs, Gilham, Birchall, Brown, Osborne, Guerra.... definately lacking one tall... a mobile key position type like Thorp would be great. Makes sense with the Tassie connection as well and drafting Birchall last year be nice to have a habit of drafting Tassie players. However, he has to get past Port first.

Sorry to say but Beau Dowler looks one of the worst top 10 prospects ever, watched him play in the vfl a couple of weeks back and he played virtually the whole game and only touched it once, looks dumb doesnt lead to the right places and cant read play real well, defenders will work him out in a jiff in the afl

OneEyedPie7 said:
Sorry to say but Beau Dowler looks one of the worst top 10 prospects ever, watched him play in the vfl a couple of weeks back and he played virtually the whole game and only touched it once, looks dumb doesnt lead to the right places and cant read play real well, defenders will work him out in a jiff in the afl

Idiot.

He has just come back from a shattered hip and you expect him to dominate VFL already?

I think that recruiters would know more than you do when drafting Top 10 prospects. :rolleyes:

The Hulkster said:
I'll have a lash at my top 10.

1 - Carlton - Bryce Gibbs
2 - Essendon - Gumbleton
3 - Kangaroos - Hanson
4 - Brisbane - Sellar
5 - Port - Proud
6 - Hawks - Jetta
7 - Geelong - Reiwoldt
8 - Richmond - Benjamin
9 - Bulldogs - Leuenberger
10 - Melbourne - Selwood

St Kilda and Collingwood have picks 9 and 10.

OneEyedPie7 said:

this is comeing from a pies supporter!the club who drafted what was that kids name in bout 99ish?...ah thats right danny roach!and whos that other spud picked at no.1?...oh yes josh fraser!....now im only dipping into your top ten picks because your dipping into beau....yes hes not ready yet but he will be an A grade footballer by his time is over! just leave the kid alone and sit back and enjoy their development....(i hope i made it clear tat im only having a dig at your picks because your having a dig at clubs other top teners)

OneEyedPie7 said:
You're a terrible judge of talent.

That's really all that needs to be said.

GRANGE_GSM said:
this is comeing from a pies supporter!the club who drafted what was that kids name in bout 99ish?...ah thats right danny roach!and whos that other spud picked at no.1?...oh yes josh fraser!....now im only dipping into your top ten picks because your dipping into beau....yes hes not ready yet but he will be an A grade footballer by his time is over! just leave the kid alone and sit back and enjoy their development....(i hope i made it clear tat im only having a dig at your picks because your having a dig at clubs other top teners)
I will never understand why people give up the position of strength in an argument.

The guy has just posted something phenomenally stupid, but then you go and call Josh Fraser a spud. It's as clear to anyone that Beau Dowler needs more time as it is that Fraser is an above-average AFL player, so calling Fraser a spud only brings you down to his level.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
You're a terrible judge of talent.

That's really all that needs to be said.

I will never understand why people give up the position of strength in an argument.

The guy has just posted something phenomenally stupid, but then you go and call Josh Fraser a spud. It's as clear to anyone that Beau Dowler needs more time as it is that Fraser is an above-average AFL player, so calling Fraser a spud only brings you down to his level.

yes and i qute clearly stated that im only having a go because he was having a go...josh aint no spud but i had to hit back at this bloke bagging a kid whos finding his feet in VFL after a bad injury....my bad for calling fraser a spud

The Hulkster said:
Roos are desparate for a defender therefore Hansen.

We need a quality forward or midfielder more than a defender at the moment, I'm not sure where this theory has come from.

Anyway, I guess we'll take whoever of Gibbs, GUmbleton or Hansen is left at pick 3. If Leuenberger jumps into the top 3 instead, as some have suggested, it will be a bit more interesting - I think most of us would expect North to take Gibbs, Gumbleton or Hansen, in that order if they were still available. If both Gibbs and Gumbleton were still around that would be a hard call but a nice position to be in.

Hearts to hearts said:
We need a quality forward or midfielder more than a defender at the moment, I'm not sure where this theory has come from.

Let's face it, after trading away so many picks, and taking on so many 'mature' VFL types ... North pretty much needs everything.

About the only players they have under-23 who look even close to senior prospects are the ruckmen (Hale, McIntosh, Moran) and Swallow, Wells and Smith. Perhaps McConnell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo83 said:
How tall is Benjamin? Is he tall enough to be a KPP? He sounds similar to Adam Goodes, is that correct?

Certainly there are similarities. A true athletic utility type. My main doubt would be his disposal skill.

Weaver said:
Let's face it, after trading away so many picks, and taking on so many 'mature' VFL types ... North pretty much needs everything.

About the only players they have under-23 who look even close to senior prospects are the ruckmen (Hale, McIntosh, Moran) and Swallow, Wells and Smith. Perhaps McConnell.

Well we can cut it down a bit:

Hale, McIntosh, Wells were top 10

Trotter is in the same boat as Jobe Watson, needs to get his body right and he will be a good player, was a top 10 draft pick

Smith was father-son but was arguably a top 5 pick.

Seeing as McConnell already has played seniors, he will deinately be in the best 22, if he gets fitter.

Swallow & Moran were rising stars.

Thats 8.

Urch kicked 8 in the VFL before getting injured, Grima has hasnt played even half a season without getting injured. Riggio was drafted last year.

Lower played a few games, and is a go-er.

Add a full crop this year, one of Gibbs, Hansen or Gumbleton, maybe 3-4 others, and Aaron Edwards, and im very happy with where we are at with u/23's seeing as we havnt bottomed out in around 20 years.

heres a copy of a post on the north forum

Potential Top 12 in AFL:
Wells
Smith
Potential Top 50 in AFL:
Hale
McIntosh
Trotter
Swallow
Potential Top 12 in Club:
McConnell
Moran
Potential Top 22 in Club:
Urch
Lower

Possible Delisted:
Grima
Whyman

Add to that another Marquee played, and 3-4 guys from a deep draft, as well as a late pick for a guy who at 22 kicked a tonne in the VFL and won the Liston.

That barring we dont trade for/ or away any picks.

Furn said:
hawks will look to trade with the dons for there pick 2 as dons will take leaunberger the ruckman dont know if thats how u spell it but they will take him at 2 so they will trade down to 5 for very little hawks will take hansen at 2 or sellar if dons dont wanna play ball and hansen is gone anyone from 1 to 7 or 8 could turn out to be the best player of this draft so picks arent tht important however if i had pick 1 i wouldnt take gibbs not as good as judd hodge ball ive heard so a tall is what u want wouldnt be surprised if he fell to 3 or 4 or further
translation ...Hawks want Hansen ....but if they don't get him they will pick up another player later in the draft who will be better than anyone else ....because all the other drftees will be crap .

not a bad effore for a 12 yr old :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

top 10 easier to pick now..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back