Hansen
Selwood
Thorp
Proud
Reiwoldt
Jetta
Mckenzie
McKenzie??

You must have watched the colts yesterday when he played ruck rover and ran around all day without an opponent.

I rate him tall and mobile (not just quick for his size - genuinely quick)but the knock from the recruiters is that he likes to play unaccountable footy.

Can't see him top 10 but believe he will be in that 13 - 20.

If he gets elevated because of yesterday's performance - in front of all 16 clubs - he should send a slab to Andrew Lockyer.

sinepari said:
How could 9 be Dogs, they won today.

Secondly, I don't think Gumbleton will have much of an impact first season. Needs to bulk up big time.
WE all agree that Gumby is going to be a star but I agree with you re next year, like most KPP he will be blooded next year, build up in the gym etc and then start to exert an influence. Year 3 he will be a star.

Boy from the West said:
McKenzie??

You must have watched the colts yesterday when he played ruck rover and ran around all day without an opponent.

I rate him tall and mobile (not just quick for his size - genuinely quick)but the knock from the recruiters is that he likes to play unaccountable footy.

Can't see him top 10 but believe he will be in that 13 - 20.
Are we talking about the same Eric McKenzie, the one that has been ranked lower down the order because he seems a simple, genuine full-back, and has had the main knock on him be his pace?

Because essentially every word of your post has contradicted everything that has been said about McKenzie in the past.

1. Carlton - Gibbs
2. Essendon - Gumbleton
3. Kangaroos - Hansen
4. Brisbane - Sellwood
5. Port - Proud
6. Hawks - Thorp
7. Geelong - Sellar
8. Richmond - Riewoldt
9. St Kilda - Leuenberger
10. Collingwood - Jetta

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Are we talking about the same Eric McKenzie, the one that has been ranked lower down the order because he seems a simple, genuine full-back, and has had the main knock on him be his pace?

Because essentially every word of your post has contradicted everything that has been said about McKenzie in the past.
I see him at least once a month as I scout for a colts team in WA. If you knew the full story - he has had OP and that has affected his pace but he almost fully recovered and has regained his pace. Has been a CHB and part time ruckman in WAFL Colts but CHB is his right spot in senior footy. The one knock on him is his lack of accountability s he tends to back himself and disregard his opponent a bit. He can flat out play. He had more needles than a pine forest during the nationals and scant regard should be paid to that form. IMHO. I am also not a Claremont member of McKenzie bannerman. I call it as I see it. I have been atching him since 15s development squad footy.

St Kilda will NOT draft a ruckman (Leunberger) or KPP (Riewoldt) with pick 9. From what I've heard Selwood and Hislop sound like the best options for the saints. We need tall (over 182cm), fast, skilled, strong inside midfielders (Ryan Griffen the perfect mould). Are there any others that fit that criteria that are likely to be available by pick 9?

Boy from the West said:
I see him at least once a month as I scout for a colts team in WA. If you knew the full story - he has had OP and that has affected his pace but he almost fully recovered and has regained his pace. Has been a CHB and part time ruckman in WAFL Colts but CHB is his right spot in senior footy. The one knock on him is his lack of accountability s he tends to back himself and disregard his opponent a bit. He can flat out play. He had more needles than a pine forest during the nationals and scant regard should be paid to that form. IMHO. I am also not a Claremont member of McKenzie bannerman. I call it as I see it. I have been atching him since 15s development squad footy.
vice captain of colts team of the year and last month has been awesome, will raise in bigfootys opinion after draft camp as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Gibbs
2 Hansen
3 Gumbleton
4 Selwood
5 Proud
6 Sellar
7 Thorp
8 Jetta
9 Hislop
10 Benjamin.

Boy from the West said:
Fair enough - That's interesting to know.

Boy from the West said:

great great read mate :thumbsu:

champs were solid but far from awesome. might explain a little as to that.

mad-saint-guy said:
St Kilda will NOT draft a ruckman (Leunberger) or KPP (Riewoldt) with pick 9. From what I've heard Selwood and Hislop sound like the best options for the saints. We need tall (over 182cm), fast, skilled, strong inside midfielders (Ryan Griffen the perfect mould). Are there any others that fit that criteria that are likely to be available by pick 9?

Mate, i'm not having a go at you, but when will St Kilda actually recruit a good ruck prospect with one of their early picks?

They had the chance in 04 with Cameron Wood.

They had the chance in 05 with Max Bailey.

Surely they'll go for one now ...

philhawk said:
Mate, i'm not having a go at you, but when will St Kilda actually recruit a good ruck prospect with one of their early picks?

No they didn't - They traded their first round pick for Fergus Watts

jimmy_clement#8 said:
Can someone please rank these potential top 10 guys? Benjamin, Collard, Jetta, Proud? Are they all similar kind of players?
Not very similar players apart from they are all indiginous players thats about as far as it goes.

Benjamin is a freak athlete utility type
Jetta is a midfielder with great flare and is more of a receiver who can go into the forward line
Proud is a tougher long kicking midfielder probably with less frills
Collard is more of a half forward who needs to develop into a midfielder a bit more he would be closest to Jetta type but more of a forward has awesome foot skills.

How they are rated in where they will go in the draft

5-10 Proud/Jetta
12-20 Collard/Benjamin

philhawk said:

Heard Thomas quoted that it was not that he didn't rate ruckman but that he only rated good ruckmen. Says a lot for those 3 he dropped for the Elim Final. Based on past exprience it is hard to see Saints using such a high pick on Leuenberger but if he was still there at 9, they should. He is one out if the box. I belive that he will be able to adjust to AFL quicker than most ruckmen. Remember that Fraser played 20 games for Collingwood in his first year

Calcium Man said:
A lot of people think the Tigers will take a KPP, but unless Gumbleton, hansen or Thorp fall to us i think we will take either proud or benjamin.

I do not think we will go near Jetta (Best name in the draft).

what about Jack Riewoldt?

if thorp fell to us that would be fantastic, but if we were after a midfielder it would be proud or slewood.

Calcium Man said:
A lot of people think the Tigers will take a KPP, but unless Gumbleton, hansen or Thorp fall to us i think we will take either proud or benjamin.

I do not think we will go near Jetta (Best name in the draft).
Benjamin would actually be a solid choice for the Tigers, as he's not only a runner, but at around 191cm, he could actually be used as a forward target.

Remove this Banner Ad

top 10 easier to pick now..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back