5. Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
6. Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
7. Kids In America - Kim Wilde
8. The Henderson Kids
9. New Kids On The Block
=10. Kids In The Kitchen
=10. Kidd Rock

You're kidding yourself aren't you??

Cool. Not sure why Don77 didn't have Watson in for us. Maybe Jobe has already turned 22. I'm a big wrap for Dempsey as well.

Watson is 22 before the start of next season so I didn't include him. My bad on Dempsey I am a big wrap for him as well. My revised list is as follows (with explanations added):

1. Gumbleton- could be the dominant CHF of the next 10-12 years.
2. Ryder- Essendon's most natural tap ruckman since probably Simon Madden. Also has great hands.
3. Stanton- Already Essendon's best midfielder (with Jobe). A running machine who accumulates possessions in the mould of Robert Harvey.
4. Monfries- Courageous. Ball Magnet. Future captain.
5. Dempsey- Pace, evasiveness, silky smooth.
6. Jetta- Excitement machine!
7. Hislop- Tough, aggressive, arrogant.
8. Bradley- A work still in progress- Awkward looking but will play lots of games for the Bombers.
9. Lee- Genuine key position player- strong and fast- should be Essendon's next full back after Fletcher retires.
10. Nash and Slattery- Couldn't split them- rate them both highly. One is quick composed and highly skilled (Nash), the other is a mongrel in the Hardwick mould. Both will be permanent fixtures in Essendon sides over the next 10 years, starting next year.

* Sounds like Houli should be in there somewhere as well, but just don't know enough about him yet.

1. Justin Sherman
2. Jed Adcock
3. Mitch Clark
4. Michael Rischitelli
5. Cheynee Stiller
6. Matthew Moody
7. Cameron Wood
8. Scott Harding
9. Matthew Leunenberger
10. Albert Proud

The top 5 are certain starters in our best 22. Moody, Wood, and Harding aren't that far away, and the bottom 2 are our most promising draftees so far.

I can't wait to see how the 'berger goes this year. Nathan Krakouer had the best 20 metre sprint time at the camp with 2.83 secs - Leunenberger ran the same time at lion's training and he is over 200 cm tall).

1. Brett Deledio
2. Nathan Foley
3. Andrew Raines
4. Richard Tambling
5. Dean Polo
6. Jack Riewoldt
7. Danny Meyer
8. Adam Pattison
9. Jay Schulz
10. Jarrad Oakley Nicholls/Cleve Hughes/Cam Howat/Will Thursfield

For Carlton:

1-Marc Murphy/Bryce Gibbs (don't know which is the better prospect)
3-Andrew Walker
4-Josh Kennedy
5-Jordan Russell
6-Adam Bentick
7-Sean Hampson
8-Shaun Grigg
9-Eddie Betts
10-Paul Bower

hope i havent forgotten anyone.

1. Gibbs
  2. Murphy
  3. Walker - gun
  4. Kennedy - 6'6" monster CHF who will be hard to match up on playing alongside Waite, Fisher and Fevola
  5. Hampson - athletic ruckman who has been playing the game for just two years and is faster than Gibbs despite being 201 cms tall. Could overtake some of those drafted ahead of him since he has all the attributes needed to succeed.
  6. Russell - super quick, tall wingman who works hard, kicks with both feet and shows leadership. Needs to released and given more time on the ground like Blackwell
  7. Bower - quick, tall and agile with the potential to fill out into a running defender
  8. Blackwell - pure footballer who leaves faster players behind when the ball is in his hands
  9. Hartlett - man mountain with a massive kick who needs a change of luck to show he can play
  10. Betts - PSD draft pick :cool: .

Aisake, Grigg, Edwards, Flint and Jackson are still unknowns at this point in time and Bentick doesn't have as much potential for improvement

1. Justin Sherman
2. Jed Adcock
3. Mitch Clark
4. Michael Rischitelli
5. Cheynee Stiller
6. Matthew Moody
7. Cameron Wood
8. Scott Harding
9. Matthew Leunenberger
10. Albert Proud

Sherman will be one of the elite in the AFL.

I thought Leunenberger would be much higher on your list.

1. Brett Deledio
2. Richard Tambling
3. Jarrad Oakley Nicholls
4. Jack Riewoldt
5. Jay Schulz
6. Danny Meyer
7. Dean Polo
8. Andrew Raines
9. Cleve Hughes
10. Nathan Foley/Shane Edwards/Cam Howat/Matthew White/Adam Pattison/Travis Casserly/Carl Peterson/Andrew Collins/Brent Hartigan/Daniel Jackson/Luke McGuane/Will Thursfield/Daniel Connors

That's half our list!!

I put guys like Tambling and Meyer ahead of Raines and Foley because if they reach their full potential they would probably be better.

This list is something to make all Tiger fans excited :D

For the DOgs i would go with:
1)Adam Cooney (absolute gun)
2)Ryan Griffen (see above)
3)Farren Ray (seems to be improving really nicely)
4)Shaun Higgins (very exited about this kid, i would say that he is very close to the potential of the likes of cooney/griffen)
5)Cameron Wight (will be great if he can forfill his potential)
6)Tom Williams (could potentialy be in the top 3 once he overcomes his injury fully)
7)William Minson (if he has an injury free season he will show his worth)
8)Andrejs Everitt (not to sure if this is the correct position, only time will tell)
9)Dylan Addison (similar to Ray)
10)Travis Baird (seems to be pretty good)

I think that is a prety darn good list :thumbsu::thumbsu:

For the DOgs i would go with:
1)Adam Cooney (absolute gun)
2)Ryan Griffen (see above)
3)Farren Ray (seems to be improving really nicely)
4)Shaun Higgins (very exited about this kid, i would say that he is very close to the potential of the likes of cooney/griffen)
5)Cameron Wight (will be great if he can forfill his potential)
6)Tom Williams (could potentialy be in the top 3 once he overcomes his injury fully)
7)William Minson (if he has an injury free season he will show his worth)
8)Andrejs Everitt (not to sure if this is the correct position, only time will tell)
9)Dylan Addison (similar to Ray)
10)Travis Baird (seems to be pretty good)

I think that is a prety darn good list :thumbsu::thumbsu:

that is a bloody good list probably best so far, there's going to be some extraordinary battles between bulldogs, hawks and blues in the next 5-10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread for the cellar dwellars and cyclists.

It is not about that, it is about looking into the crystal ball a bit. 5 years ago Eagles, Freo, St Kilda and Geelong had a strong list of younger players. Eagles only spent a year or two at the bottom, it was good drafting and trading that allowed them to climb the ladder in a couple of years because they had some very good young players.

We have had one poor year, we picked up McConnell, Swallow and Riggio when we were 5th on the ladder in 2005, you do not need to be cellar dwellers to find some good younger players. Moran was a very late pick, we got Wells from the Carey trade, Smith was F/S. Hansen is the only player of note we have received from a poor year, our poorest year in some 30 odd years.

Other than the Hay trade we have had a relatively good few years in terms of drafting and it gives cause for some optimism for the coming years if they go on with it.

To other Tiger fans... we have only had 3 top 10 draft picks in the past so many years (Deledio, Tambling and Oakley-Nicholls) so them 3 based on potential should be placed higher than someone like Foley who no doubt will be a superstar but was just off the rookie list and therefore people didn't see as much potential in him as they do in JON or Bling.

JON should be in everyone's top 5 if you base the list on potential!

Also Riewoldt would have been a top 10 pick in the super draft had we not traded for Polak, so Riewoldt definately should be in the top 5 for potential at our club.

He's a top 10 super draft pick for crying out loud!

Hehe but with guys like Raines (pick 76 ?) dominating then it doesn't matter where we draft our players in the draft, with GM pulling the strings our young list is filled with quality.

1. Nathan Ablett
2. Shannon Byrnes
3. Kane Tenace
4. Brent Prismall
5. Tom Hawkins
6. Joel Selwood
7. Nathan Djerrkura
8. Ryan Gamble
9. Mark Blake
10. Travis Varcoe

He is 21. Thread starter said 21 or under.
Which makes me still a kid. :D :cool: :thumbsu:

1: Richard Douglas
2: James Sellar
3: His Holiness Nathan Van Berlo
4: John Meesen
5: Kurt Tippett
6: Ivan Maric
7: Chris Knights
8: Darren Pfeiffer
9: Bernie Vince
10: David Mackay

I dunno, looks kinda alright.

Rates well with the other lists. :thumbsu:

To other Tiger fans... we have only had 3 top 10 draft picks in the past so many years

Pick 9 in 2000
Pick 4(2) in 2002, traded away for Johnson
Pick 6 in 2003, traded away for Brown
Pick 1 and 4 in 2004
Pick 8 in 2005
Pick 8 in 2006, traded away for Polak

Yeah, it has been a real drought, 7 top 10 picks in the last 7 years. :p

1. Nathan Ablett
2. Shannon Byrnes
3. Kane Tenace
4. Brent Prismall
5. Tom Hawkins
6. Joel Selwood
7. Nathan Djerrkura
8. Ryan Gamble
9. Mark Blake
10. Travis Varcoe

All players listed are definitely in the cats top ten kids but i disagree with the order you have put them in... Potential wise i would say:

1. Nathan Ablett
2. Tom Hawkins (Too early to tell if he will be better than NAb)
3. Joel Selwood
4. Brent Prismall
5. Nathan Djerrkura
6. Kane Tenace (Has not shown enough to warrant no. 3)
7. Travis Varcoe
8. Ryan Gamble
9. Mark Blake
10. Shannon Byrnes (Definitely shown less than above IMO)

But its hard to tell with some of the new guys who are yet to play AFL

???

Hawks U21

B. McGlynn - Dawson - Murphy

HB. Tuck - Roughead - J. Kennedy

C. Birchall - Lewis - Young

HF. Morton - Thorp - Franklin

FF. Moss - Dowler - Little

R. Bailey - Muston - Ellis

Int. Renouf - McEntee

That actually looks quite balanced, a top 10 is hard because there's too much unproven talent.

1. Franklin
2. Birchall
3. Lewis
4. Roughead
5. Thorp
6. Muston
7. Ellis
8. Dowler
9. Kennedy
10. Bailey

A good U21 list is a good indication your team has struggled the last couple of years, so yep, ours looks OK.

Pick 9 in 2000
Pick 4(2) in 2002, traded away for Johnson
Pick 6 in 2003, traded away for Brown
Pick 1 and 4 in 2004
Pick 8 in 2005
Pick 8 in 2006, traded away for Polak

Yeah, it has been a real drought, 7 top 10 picks in the last 7 years. :p

lol I'm embarrassed for you :eek:

Of all of our kids, how many of them are top 10 picks?

I know that we traded away picks for players, that is why we don't have many youngsters who were top ten picks :rolleyes:

The only ones are Deledio, Tambling and Oakley-Nicholls. That was my point, these are the 3 players with possibly the greatest potential.

lol I'm embarrassed for you :eek:

Of all of our kids, how many of them are top 10 picks?

I know that we traded away picks for players, that is why we don't have many youngsters who were top ten picks :rolleyes:

The only ones are Deledio, Tambling and Oakley-Nicholls. That was my point, these are the 3 players with possibly the greatest potential.

Perhaps your choice of words "we have only had 3 top 10 draft picks in the past so many years" were not appropriate then. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 10 'Kids'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back