Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

LifeSpan-Void said:
Geelong:

D. Johnson Scarlett Hunt
Milburn Harley Egan

oh, wait... you guys were talking about FORWARD lines?

sorry, This was the only way I would be able to get a Geelong mention without getting laughed at. Eagles fans should probably admit that as well.

LOL.

Hey I found a way to get the Cats into this thread - although probably still laughed at.
We were #1 in attack for the first half of 2005...
http://footyforecaster.com/AFL/Ladder/2005_Round_11

Seriously when you look at most teams forward lines they look good. Throw Grant, Darcy into the mix and you've got something decent for the Dogs. Even West Coast has a potential good setup with Hansen, Gardiner, Sampi.

You can speculate, but it's all about how they perform. Saints are the best forwards by far though.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
Seriously when you look at most teams forward lines they look good. Throw Grant, Darcy into the mix and you've got something decent for the Dogs. Even West Coast has a potential good setup with Hansen, Gardiner, Sampi.

You can speculate, but it's all about how they perform. Saints are the best forwards by far though.

Fair point

dave_27 said:
and theirs your problem. forwards are their to kick goals.

I think most people would take essendons lloyd and lucas ahead of miller and neitz.

holland is garbage.

But look how many goals the likes of Neitz, Yze, Davey and Robbo kick...its no suprise Millar hasnt got many yet.

And for the record, id take lloyd and lucas ahead of miller and neitz, but in terms of the whole forward line, Melbourne also have Davey, Green, Bruce, Robbo and Holland through there...so Demons by a mile

parrot said:
The big difference is that the Swans KP forwards perform in the big games – the ones that count. The Saints forwards don’t e.g. Saints V Swans final. GT’s coaching didn’t help in that match though. :)

Did you watch the finals??

Barry Hall was a passenger for the first two weeks and Mick'O should have (and didn't) won the GF off his own boot.

dave_27 said:
and theirs your problem. forwards are their to kick goals.

I think most people would take essendons lloyd and lucas ahead of miller and neitz.

holland is garbage.

I'd disagree mate,
not all forwards are there to kick goals, miller so far has played a linking player who plays most of his football away from the 50m arch but further up the ground. He is exactly what melbourne needed.
Extremely useful player and he is not there to kick goals. If he does, it's a bonus.

Coin_Toss said:
Collingwood are definitely in the Top 3.

HF: Nathan Buckley - Travis Cloke - Chris Tarrant
F: Alan Didak - Anthony Rocca - Blake Caracella

Sean Rusling, Leon Davis, Josh Fraser, Scott Burns, Brodie Holland will all spend some time in the forward line too.

Looks good on paper i have to admit but they don't ever do anything out on the ground, the only person who is remotely dangerous in that foward line is Buckley who just somehow gets goals when he is there.

I'd say St Kilda's is the best in the comp when Kosi is forward and fit.

Though Hamill is past it and Riewoldt's form is a worry, as is Gehrig's dedication.

Freo's is the best on paper, and has the most improvement left in it, will be the dominant forward line if they can get hte ball down there and if they keep the group together. And if they axe Connolly and change the team colours and rename themsleves after a Melbourne suburb and relocate to Melbourne.

Melbourne's is the wildcard, when it's on song it's unbeleivably potent and sweet FA can be done to stop it. With or without Neitz playing it still has a massive goalkicking potential and arguably the most agressions with the addition of Pickett. This year could see it really take a step up and move above St Kilda, the thought of Pickett, Miller and Neitz in one forward line is a nasty prospect. Robertson is a difficult matchup for any backman and he really improved last year, still young enough to improve again too. Add Davey and Yze for some speed and freak ability respectively and it looks good, but not at St Kilda's level - Green and Bruce are both dead-eye's as well when they rotate through, the age of Neitz, Yze and Pickett is the only problem. However as seen last year Neitz doesn't need to be ontheh p[arkl for melbourne to kick a winning score and we might see young Matthew Bate step into the forward line this year.

So on 2005 I would say ST Kilda > Freo/Melbourne

for 2006 I think we'll see Freo > Melbourne > St Kilda

Kepler said:
Looks good on paper i have to admit but they don't ever do anything out on the ground, the only person who is remotely dangerous in that foward line is Buckley who just somehow gets goals when he is there.

Two out of three aint bad!
They look good on paper- too true
Buckley who just somehow gets goals when he is there - he does just that!

they don't ever do anything out on the ground - that had a nice twist to it and made me laugh! It's true but how can it be so when they have never been toghethor as a foward line? bring on 2006 :D

king_Brown said:
Well for west coasts sake i hope this smith fella is half decent coz they need a target up forward they cant always really on there midfield to kick goals as we seen in the granny this year

Would you please try that again - in English!

There is a fine line between ordinary and young, Hansen 20 game player - best 20 game CHF going around thats for sure, Nicoski 30-40 game player only played forward this year, Sampi - terrible start to year, but he isnt a forward and he wont play there next year, Matera spent half the year injured, Lynch ditto, played with groin problems all year and 22, McDougall ditto, stuffed shoulders and 22, Gaspar, foot problems Gardiner played GF with a fractured foot, thats courage and has spent like 10 games up forward. He could be a good forward, look at his gamev Saints, 4 goals before he got injured. You all respect Robert Walls opinion too much

In the end the stats that matter says we had 3rd best forward line, it doesnt matter where the goals come from, Adelaides midfield kicks a ton of there goals, no one sees that as a weakness.

Brad Smith will play FF not cos he is the last option left but because he has worked very hard, he was our first choice FF before this year began and unfortunately he was injured. We only need a FF, Hansen Nicoski Matera Cousins all these players spent a majority of the year in the forward line and wud get a game in all teams i wud think, and we have about 8 options availabe too us one of them is bound to step up if all of em can stay injury free. Our oldest KPP is 25 yrs old (Gaspar Gardy) and a majority of our KPPS are 22 or younger, Only cos we have had such a good year how young our team is was overlooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i cant believe some joker would try and put collingwoods before essendons hahahahahahahha
Lloyd> to the whole collingwood foward line put together, let alone adding in lucas, hird, lovett, mj and hille.

saints, essendon and sydney by a country mile. dunno which order

Embers said:
There is a fine line between ordinary and young, Hansen 20 game player - best 20 game CHF going around thats for sure, Nicoski 30-40 game player only played forward this year, Sampi - terrible start to year, but he isnt a forward and he wont play there next year, Matera spent half the year injured, Lynch ditto, played with groin problems all year and 22, McDougall ditto, stuffed shoulders and 22, Gaspar, foot problems Gardiner played GF with a fractured foot, ....

Enjoying these excuses.

Back to reality: The Weagles forward line is very very ordinary.

Let me walk you through it….

1. Lynchy = terrible, period. There was a reason JW dropped him for the last 2 games

2. Gaspar = 25yo WAFL forward. Terrible skills. JW was trying to trade him but got no offers.

3. McDougall = terrible. Was given another go in the latter part of the season, but again failed. Soft and unco.

4. Gardiner. Watch some footage of Gardiner on the lead in the recent final series, and you’ll see why he has absolutely no ability in the forward line. It made Weagles fans cringe.

5. Smith. 27yo WAFL forward with chronic knee injuries

6. Hansen. Initially promising, but looks a bit out of place up forward. Poor agility, and rebounded off easily. Tends to drop marks, and those he gets are usually on the boundary about 100m out. Goal kicking ability seem limited – lucky to average a goal a game.

:)

Definetly Saints, Sydney n Melb Id say Saints then Melb then Sydney

Richmond can be good tho

browny (would of been in the top 5 of season) Richo (top 10 in goal kicking) Krak/Tambling (both ability to kick 30 goals)

P Bowden (Can add 30 - 35 goals a season) Shulz (Ability to kick 40 - 50) Pettifer (ability to kick 35 goals a season)

Also rotating: Delideo, Simmonds, Tuck, Pattison, Stafford

Melbourne:
HF: Green Miller Davey
FF: Robbo Neitz Yze
With Pickett, Bruce and Holland rotating through.
All those players (Excluding Miller and Holland to an extent) can kick 5+ in a game.
So I'd say
1. Saints
2. Melbourne
3. Freo

Based on goal-scoring ability:

1. Saints
2. Melbourne
3. Sydney ?

These 3 teams can pile on the points. I would have said sydney but they're highest total in 2005 was something like 120 range. Not that they're forward line isn't good its just sticking to there gameplan

dyson_the_gun said:
i cant believe some joker would try and put collingwoods before essendons hahahahahahahha
Lloyd> to the whole collingwood foward line put together, let alone adding in lucas, hird, lovett, mj and hille.

saints, essendon and sydney by a country mile. dunno which order
ur a tool

another delusional bomber fan

parrot said:
Enjoying these excuses.

Back to reality: The Weagles forward line is very very ordinary.

Let me walk you through it….

1. Lynchy = terrible, period. There was a reason JW dropped him for the last 2 games

2. Gaspar = 25yo WAFL forward. Terrible skills. JW was trying to trade him but got no offers.

3. McDougall = terrible. Was given another go in the latter part of the season, but again failed. Soft and unco.

4. Gardiner. Watch some footage of Gardiner on the lead in the recent final series, and you’ll see why he has absolutely no ability in the forward line. It made Weagles fans cringe.

5. Smith. 27yo WAFL forward with chronic knee injuries

6. Hansen. Initially promising, but looks a bit out of place up forward. Poor agility, and rebounded off easily. Tends to drop marks, and those he gets are usually on the boundary about 100m out. Goal kicking ability seem limited – lucky to average a goal a game.

:)

Is Smith really 27?

Richtigerz said:
Definetly Saints, Sydney n Melb Id say Saints then Melb then Sydney

Richmond can be good tho

browny (would of been in the top 5 of season) Richo (top 10 in goal kicking) Krak/Tambling (both ability to kick 30 goals)

P Bowden (Can add 30 - 35 goals a season) Shulz (Ability to kick 40 - 50) Pettifer (ability to kick 35 goals a season)

Also rotating: Delideo, Simmonds, Tuck, Pattison, Stafford

I agree our forward line woudl have to be up there not in the top 3 but close
Richo kicked 65
brown played 10 games and got 34
Pettifer kicked 31
Krakour 23 goals
Simmonds 19
Stafford 16
and Pattison P.Bowden, Deledio, Tambling and other midfielders will swap into the forward line ocasionally

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back