Top 4 in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would need to win another 4 or 5 games to reach the Top 4.

I doubt this will with the current state of the list.

Need to get another 30 or 40 games into the young players.

Cant see it happening.

Assuming no injuries & good preseasons & who knows might be able to finish as high as
5th. I reckon 8 -6 th is about right.

12 - 14 wins would be a good result, but probably not good enough to make the top 4.

I think top 4 is very achievable next year.

Our young players have improved throughout the year, and next year after a good pre-season, will be even better. Quite a few of the more senior players missed the pre season this year through injury, this year they should be alot fitter!

Our backline is pretty much complete (Hurley, Pears, Fletcher, Ryder..drool) our midfield is reasonably good (McVeigh, Welsh did not look anywhere near as good as they did last year - get fit and healthy!) Once Hille comes back we should also be winning alot more clearances from the middle = more ball in attacking 50.

So the area we need to improve is our forward 50. Neagle needs to get fit! No ifs or buts. Gumbleton will need to have a pretty good year if we are to get top 4 in my opinion.. Other players up forward = Monfries, Daniher, McPhee?)

Will be an exciting year next year.

I think there are a few teams in the top 8 this year that will miss the top 8 next year. My top 8 next year would be:

Adelaide
Bulldogs
Essendon
Geelong
Saints
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Collingwood

Geelong
Hawthorn
Saints
Collingwood
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Brisbane

I think top 8 might be a little difficult next year. With more luck than this year, we should be able to make it. Lets not be unrealistic, all of these teams are only getting better, except perhaps Geelong, but even then.
Let's not be pessimistic here, but realistic.
2010 will be much tougher to get there, even with our improvement.

Geelong
Hawthorn
Saints
Collingwood
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Brisbane

I think top 8 might be a little difficult next year. With more luck than this year, we should be able to make it. Lets not be unrealistic, all of these teams are only getting better, except perhaps Geelong, but even then.
Let's not be pessimistic here, but realistic.
2010 will be much tougher to get there, even with our improvement.

Personally i think everyone is overrating hawthorn. Personally i think theyre premiership was one off good innovative coaching. he was the first to successfully implement the rolling zone, no other club was really doing it in 2008, he used the rushed behind rule to his advantage which cant be done now and despite what some beleive i cant see hawthorn getting a much better run with injuries next year, their forward line was pretty much injury free, roughhead missed a few, rioli missed a few, williams wont contribute much next year. and their defence still wont have dew, guerra is retiring isnt he? croad will most likely not play next year.

i just dont think they are capable of winning another premiership, they may be there come finals but imo are far from certainties. i also think the bulldogs may drop off a bit next year, they probably had the best run with injuries this year. i cant see that happening again, aker may retire i just get the feeling they may drop off, same with collingwood.

personally i think the teams in the 8 will largely stay the same however the positioning will change

as for our chances i see us finishing around 6th to 7th - a slight improvement on this years outcome

Yes.

They need to start getting things right in team selection though. We've been really poor at that so far this year, have stuffed it up a lot.

Voted No. Lets just focus on making the 8 again without getting too ahead of ourselves. We just managed to scrape into the 8 with 10 1/2 wins, our focus should be at least 12-13 wins in 2010 and really earning a spot in finals without just making up the numbers.

Every extra win is an improvement so lets just improve!!

Will be an exciting year next year.

I think there are a few teams in the top 8 this year that will miss the top 8 next year. My top 8 next year would be:

Adelaide
Bulldogs
Essendon
Geelong
Saints
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Collingwood
You're saying Essendon will make top 4, after finishing the season with 10.5 wins and getting smashed by 96 points in a final, you're saying Carlton will drop right off after finishing with 13 wins and missing out on a semi-final by a fingernail. Not saying we're a shoe in to make it next year, because we're far from it but I think you're being a bit outragous, anything can happen though we all saw what happened to Hawthorn and Richmond after winning 11.5 games.

Personally i think everyone is overrating hawthorn. Personally i think theyre premiership was one off good innovative coaching. he was the first to successfully implement the rolling zone, no other club was really doing it in 2008, he used the rushed behind rule to his advantage which cant be done now and despite what some beleive i cant see hawthorn getting a much better run with injuries next year, their forward line was pretty much injury free, roughhead missed a few, rioli missed a few, williams wont contribute much next year. and their defence still wont have dew, guerra is retiring isnt he? croad will most likely not play next year.

i just dont think they are capable of winning another premiership, they may be there come finals but imo are far from certainties. i also think the bulldogs may drop off a bit next year, they probably had the best run with injuries this year. i cant see that happening again, aker may retire i just get the feeling they may drop off, same with collingwood.

personally i think the teams in the 8 will largely stay the same however the positioning will change

as for our chances i see us finishing around 6th to 7th - a slight improvement on this years outcome

You think Collingwood will drop off?
Seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 4 in 2010?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back