Top 5 Midfields 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This one his hot garbage.

As I said, for me Brayshaw and Serong don't do enough damage with ball in hand so while Young is great it's still not the class of others.
Today
Jackson- 16d 4cl 3 goals
Fyfe- 20d 13ct 5int 5 cl 5tk 1 goal
Johnson- rested
JOM - 26d 5tk 5scrinv

Today
Jackson- 16d 4cl 3 goals
Fyfe- 20d 13ct 5int 5 cl 5tk 1 goal
Johnson- rested
JOM - 26d 5tk 5scrinv
Sam Kerridge kicked 7 goals in a game once too... Doesn't change the fact that most weeks all of them do SFA, half the time O'Meara is almost a detriment to the team, even ur supporters say the same.

Sam Kerridge kicked 7 goals in a game once too... Doesn't change the fact that most weeks all of them do SFA, half the time O'Meara is almost a detriment to the team, even ur supporters say the same.
Omeara is our 6th-8th best midfielder
Don’t blues have Hewitt in their midfield 😆😆😆

OMeara had a great game today. Hewitt not so good this weekend.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Hewett has been a consistent, quality performer for Carlton since moving across including a stellar 2022 where he was borderline AA squad worthy. O'Meara has been terrible for years now and many Freo and Hawthorn fans alike have wanted him off their list during his time at their clubs due to his terrible form.

Lulz wut??
Making stuff up in your head doesn’t count
Go check his stats. Hewett was enormous that season but was overlooked due to missing the back end of the season with a back injury playing only 15 games in the end.

28.5 touches
12.8 contested
6.6 clearances
4.9 tackles
6.7 score Involvements

Freo fans would cry tears of joy if O'Meara produced anything like that across a season.

Go check his stats. Hewett was enormous that season but was overlooked due to missing the back end of the season with a back injury playing only 15 games in the end.

28.5 touches
12.8 contested
6.6 clearances
4.9 tackles
6.7 score Involvements

Freo fans would cry tears of joy if O'Meara produced anything like that across a season.
That’s great but not ACTUALLY even AA squad tho right?
So my original point still stands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my 2 cents.
freo have potentially the most talented midfield in the comp. but are not consistent at being game winners. therefore, we do not have the best midfield in the comp. probs hovering outside the top 3 midfields in the comp.

At full fitness Id have these as the top 5 midfields. On Freo, Serong and Brayshaw dont do enough damage with ball in hand for mine and Fyfe/Omeara are well and truly cooked. If Johnson or Erasmus kick on they'll be very very dangerous but not quite yet.

Sydney
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Collingwood

Watching Freo v Melb they looked at pretty damaging.

Fyfe is still a very good player and JOM more than serviceable. Time will tell if today’s game was just a weird outlier or sign Freo can be more damaging as an attacking force.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Hewett has been a consistent, quality performer for Carlton since moving across including a stellar 2022 where he was borderline AA squad worthy. O'Meara has been terrible for years now and many Freo and Hawthorn fans alike have wanted him off their list during his time at their clubs due to his terrible form.
JOM is coming off a pre-season where he was injured and then started as sub. He has been improving every week and contributed to Freo's improvement.

View attachment 2018085
Once freos 3 key talls forward of the ball mature the midfield will get the kudos the deserve.
That’s domination and we’ve been missing our bnf winning tap ruckman for a lot of it.
10th in the comp for offense with that level of clearance domination is a bit of an indictment on either the Freo mids efficiency with ball in hand or Longmuirs game plan. Give the Swans that discrepancy and they'd be winning by 100 every week.

10th in the comp for offense with that level of clearance domination is a bit of an indictment on either the Freo mids efficiency with ball in hand of Longmuirs game plan. Give the Swans that discrepancy and they'd be winning by 100 every week.
Our 3 key tall fwds are under 23
When they hit their straps on like donkey kong
Curnow didn’t kick 40+ goals until his 7th year.
McKay 5th year
Amiss did it in his 2nd only now a third year player
Treacy will break 40 this year in his 4th year.

Our 3 key tall fwds are under 23
When they hit their straps on like donkey kong
Curnow didn’t kick 40+ goals until his 7th year.
McKay 5th year
Amiss did it in his 2nd only now a third year player
Treacy will break 40 this year in his 4th year.
Curnow was injured for close to 3 years and showed more than Treacy or Amiss (Who I think will both be very good players)
Mckay missed his first few years with persistent back injuries...

Not sure why you're even comparing them lmao.

Curnow was injured for close to 3 years and showed more than Treacy or Amiss (Who I think will both be very good players)
Mckay missed his first few years with persistent back injuries...

Not sure why you're even comparing them lmao.
Reiterating my point that our three key forwards are the youngest combo in the comp.
I highlighted with examples of Coleman winners that they are doing ok for their age but are too young to maximise our mid domination which was your point.
Once they mature our offensive effectiveness of our mids will come to the fore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 Midfields 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back