Autopsy Top and Bottom five AFL commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Dennis'lines are rehearsed, more power to him for that as you say.

My fav Commetti-ism would have to be, paraphrased, ' He went into the pack optimistically and came out misty optically'. Now thats another slice of good gaggery!!

Shouldn't have forgotton Huddo in the best commentators list either. Significant oversight!
I like Commetti, rate him the best of the current mob, but such comments are so obviously pre-contsructed they lose a lot in actual use.
Like an Oscars host...fake.

Starting to get back into watching AFL in general, it's interesting to see the individual responses to the naming of Essendon players. Imo it's an absolute breach of privacy and held no purpose. From what I've seen, Mark Robinson has defended it (he wrote it) but put up BS response imo, so did Mike Sheahan. Gerard Whateley was against it. Lloyd, Gary and Caro were against it as well, while Hutchy thought it was "blown out of proportion".

From all this I can tell that Craig Hutchison is as despicable as they come tbh.

Starting to get back into watching AFL in general, it's interesting to see the individual responses to the naming of Essendon players. Imo it's an absolute breach of privacy and held no purpose. From what I've seen, Mark Robinson has defended it (he wrote it) but put up BS response imo, so did Mike Sheahan. Gerard Whateley was against it. Lloyd, Gary and Caro were against it as well, while Hutchy thought it was "blown out of proportion".

From all this I can tell that Craig Hutchison is as despicable as they come tbh.

Strange how there was a quiet illegal breach of confidentiality yet it just gets swept under the rug and we pretended it never happened. ASADA are a rabble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO there is no such thing as a good commentator anymore. However, they all seem to be very good coaches that are on the respective channels. :)
On that, I'm about to stick my neck out: all those wishing to beat me to a pulp, form an orderly queue outside my office (or virtual equivalent of same).

I really miss Malcom Blight (I don't think he's on anywhere these days is he?). I know he often sounded as though he'd been smoking something fairly exotic prior to coming on air but he was one of the very few 'experts' that went beyond the groupthink most of the others indulge in and gave us an insight into how a good coach thinks. A good example occurred when a player abused an ump, gave away 50 and led to an opposition goal. The other commentators ripped into the ump (sensitive, over-reaction etc.) but Blight said he would have dragged the player immediately - on the basis that he'd done something that made him feel good for the moment but penalised his team in the process. He had lots more of these and, as often as not, he was one-out. More than that, listening to him he gave me the feeling he'd be a great bloke to have a beer with - not a bad way to come across on a footy broadcast imo.

Top 5
ed
Jb
huddo
derm
sandi

Bottom 5
Robert Walls makes me want to stick a knife in my ears, never heard a more buyist call against collingwood in my life is always so negative
Andy Maher how did this loser get a job
Mark Maclure (not sure if he commentates but i can't stand the bloke)
Bruce, SPECIAL give a effin break mate, cyril rioli is useless!
Basil anyone else want to punch this guy square in the nose?

Top 5
ed
Jb
huddo
derm
sandi

Bottom 5
Robert Walls makes me want to stick a knife in my ears, never heard a more buyist call against collingwood in my life is always so negative
upload_2014-3-14_15-56-31.jpeg

Bottom 5

I am loving your alternate spelling of biased….BUYIST….I love it!!

I just wanted to say how much i hate Luke Darcy! total flog, his hate for anything Collingwood came through on Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Top and Bottom five AFL commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back