Autopsy Top and Bottom five AFL commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

BT drives me nuts with his fake hype and an inability to get the names right, (when we played Sydney this year he called Josh Thomas Josh Kennedy 3 times in about 5 minutes). Throw in Basil Zempilas and it's just fantastic watching channel 7!

I've always been a huge Bruce fan, but I think he has gone way past it now. It has become a bit uncomfortable listening to him.

Where Bruce excels is his research and knowledge. He clearly knows his stuff and seems to be one of the few commentators who reads up on statistics and watches games. Sometimes the others stagger me with how little they have researched. But unfortunately Bruce just gets too excited and its hard to listen to. He may have to stick to his horse racing now where I think he is an excellent commentator.
It's because he sounds like someone reading from a cookbook. And endless string of "doesn't he?'s" and "we know that"'s and "you just get the feeling"'s.

Actually, I've never really listened terribly closely to what he says on the racing coverage, because most of what is spoken in racing coverage is complete crap and also because I'm too busy staring lovingly at Francesca Cumani. Having said that, I would laugh my arse off if he started using his footy clichés for the racing.

"You just get the feeling that with the rail out 5m for this meeting, leaders are going to be disadvantaged, don't you?"
"Glass Harmonium can't stay for shit, we know that".
"Glen Boss keeps waving his whip in the air instead of riding his mount out to the line, doesn't he?"

Watch a lot of footy and listen to a lot on SEN so feel I have heard most a fair lot, still think a lot will strongly disagree with mine though, oh well

Top 6:
1. Mark Fine
2. Mark Robinson
3. Danny Frawley(Not so much for football but more for his entertainment value)
4. Gerard Whateley
5. Gary Lyon
6. Rohan Connolly

Bottom
1. Gerard Healey
2. Damian Barrett
3. Alastair Lynch
4. Dennis Commetti
5. Craig Hutchinson

I also wanted to put in a big thumbs up for Cameron Mooney. I find him really unassuming, no bullshit, just talks footy. I'll never get sick of that.

Watch a lot of footy and listen to a lot on SEN so feel I have heard most a fair lot, still think a lot will strongly disagree with mine though, oh well

Top 6:
1. Mark Fine
2. Mark Robinson
3. Danny Frawley(Not so much for football but more for his entertainment value)
4. Gerard Whateley
5. Gary Lyon
6. Rohan Connolly

Bottom
1. Gerard Healey
2. Damian Barrett
3. Alastair Lynch
4. Dennis Commetti
5. Craig Hutchinson

To use Spud's terminology, Lynchy provides a lot of glass eye stuff.

Sorry I've covered a few and listed maybe a few too many.

Eddie
Lyon
Dunstal
Frawley
Michael Christian
Tom Harley
Tim Lane
Leigh Matthews
Richo
Carl Langdon
Malcolm Blight
Roo
Lloyd

Dislikes
Brad Hardy
Try Hard Bazil
Bruce
Commetti
Caroline W
Robbo
Mooney
Malthouse
Dermott
Healey
Alastair Lynch
Glen Jakovich
Darcy
Brad Johnson
Biggest Tool of all - Steve Quarterbrain
Runner-up Tool - Tim Watson

I know BT's annoying for a lot of people, but I find him entertaining. Apart from Boy oh boy wowee he says some funny stuff.

I can't ****ing stand Andy Maher, campaigners got nfi about footy. The worse thing was that he commentated on other sports like Golf and Soccer. Looks like someone who's missing a brain too.

Even though Derwayne played AFL it's amazing how little of a clue he has about footy when he commentates. Can't stand the shit he says.

Ling is also someone I like, along with being in the media for not too long has a very good football brain.

Top 5

Cometti
Roberts
Brereton
Hudson
Ling

Bottom 5

Russell
Healey
Bruce
Lane
Watson

I can't ******* stand Andy Maher, campaigners got nfi about footy. The worse thing was that he commentated on other sports like Golf and Soccer. Looks like someone who's missing a brain too.

Same Thing. Can’t Stand the Little Scum Supporting Prick.

He is a Complete Try Hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Top and Bottom five AFL commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back