Trac wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Already towing the Melbourne company line. That has come straight from their hierarchy and that's obvious.
He really was not happy, keeps saying Melbourne should tell Petracca he has a contract and Petracca should show leadership, how about the clubs hierarchy actually deal with the issues, instead of just saying we have a great culture. Smith, Oliver lesser extent May (stupid drunk comments in 23 plus his punch on with teammate a year or so before)

Has absolutely no trust in the medical staff, coaching staff or committee.
And all his family and personal support agree with him.
As I said awhile ago, Carlton bound.

See post 5
You will have to bust out the brown paper bags to fit him in your cap space.

Will go to Richmond (if he is sticking with his big club desire) or nowhere. Or if Collingwood are dumb enough to re hire Ned Guy and do some crazy stuff to throw their future away.

He really was not happy, keeps saying Melbourne should tell Petracca he has a contract and Petracca should show leadership, how about the clubs hierarchy actually deal with the issues, instead of just saying we have a great culture. Smith, Oliver lesser extent May (stupid drunk comments in 23 plus his punch on with teammate a year or so before)
I agree with everything else and we definitely have issues but holy shit you guys need to get over what Steven May said 11months ago😂 its the least of our problems

You won a flag and but you lot were still salty about such a tame comment like that. Bunch of sooks 😂

Flags are hard to win. We won a flag, we were unlucky to not win last year. Extremely narrow losses to Collingwood and Carlton with Brayshaw going down in the first quarter/Van Rooyen getting suspended etc.

But since 2021 we lost Luke Jackson, a humongous loss, then we had Mac Andrew stolen from us by the AFL. Any of these 2 things don't happen and I believe we win last years flag. But yeah, it's just bad luck.
Wow you really know how to spin pooh to try make it a nice meal :D

Yeah because one knob said it and the other knobs in the media just repeat it
Its The Carton Journos that are spruiking it
Trac has declared he wants to go to a powerhouse club in Melbourne and play in front of big crowds. No disrespect but that rules out the Dogs
Where has he publicly declared this? He hasn't, you mean to say what the Carlton media have said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McClure has written a piece in tomorrow’s Age saying Harry McKay for Trac. It may need Blues to throw in steak knives, but the swap solves 2 problems, Demons lack of a genuine tall forward and Blues being absolutely invincible in the midfield.
I just can't see how McKay would want to go to Melbourne. You'd think with Melbourne's obvious issues (Oliver and the other bad influences) and ageing stars (may, gawn, viney, lever) that Melbourne is not a very desirable place. On the flipside Carlton is probably not far off a flag.

I just can't see how McKay would want to go to Melbourne. You'd think with Melbourne's obvious issues (Oliver and the other bad influences) and ageing stars (may, gawn, viney, lever) that Melbourne is not a very desirable place. On the flipside Carlton is probably not far off a flag.
I totally agree. Melbourne is toxic atm.

If I were in Melbourne’s shoes I’d play hardball but get him out. Regardless. I’d hope the talk of wanting someone like McKay or nothing is just that.

He’s 29 next year, recovering from a very serious injury and wants out. There’s a not-small chance he’ll be a net negative for them if he stays.

If the buyer can rustle up say three picks in the top 20 (this year and/or next) just get it done. It stung for us with Dunkley and Stringer but once they’re gone you quickly move on.

No one in their right mind would even want McKay. Dees need to get out in front of this, trade Christian but dont let him choose his destination. West Coast, Fremantle, Brisbane all could get a deal done with picks and players. And Christian is 29 in Jan.

Rebuild around Oliver and Windsor with some 24ish mids. Reed or Brayshaw.

I'm hoping its an elaborate ploy to get Trac to Collingwood.

Step one start the Carlton rumours.

Step two someone close to Trac asks a hypothetical of the Dees "would you trade him to, eg Carlton?"-Melbourne assume its true, say "what about another club". "Anyone but Collingwood" is the reply.

Step three they trade him to Collingwood to punish him, and to add insult to injury they do it for a third rounder.

Follow me on Twitter for more brilliant football tips.

No one in their right mind would even want McKay. Dees need to get out in front of this, trade Christian but dont let him choose his destination. West Coast, Fremantle, Brisbane all could get a deal done with picks and players. And Christian is 29 in Jan.

Rebuild around Oliver and Windsor with some 24ish mids. Reed or Brayshaw.
Players aren't allowed to be traded to any club without the player agreeing. This is true in all scenarios.

If Petracca wants to leave, it will be to the club of his specific choosing (unless he gives a short list of options). The other option is that the Demons keep their disgruntled star player but it has even bigger risks attached to it.

Trac is over rated.
Good luck to anyone giving up the farm and paying a fortune to pick him up
He's a proven star, just not at Melbourne anymore. He needs a change of scenery

This is a shit show in some ways, Petracca is using his injury leverage to bail on a sinking ship.

Yes Melbourne seems to be a shit show but the way Petracca is handling this is a joke and weak, players have too much power if this goes ahead and it will.

If Demons had no off field issues and ran deep in the finals this year, even with his big injury he honors his contract no doubt about it.

Soap opera.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trac wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back