List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I’m aware, points don’t come in to the equation for any club who hasn’t manipulated their picks via academy/FS. So it’s simply a matter of pick 2 moves up a spot if the pick 1 club is in deficit. If there was potentially no penalty for going hundreds of points in to deficit the next year it would be massively exploited.

It can't be that simplistic though? The amount of deficit clearly comes into play as how else do they calculate how many picks you drop down (and subsequently how many picks move up? E.g. if you're 1 point in deficit vs 700 points in deficit.

I’ll wear that because it’s high level stuff.

Playing it out a bit further I think it would shock people what we could get for Cameron on the open market. Brisbane with Hipwood out for the bulk of 2022 will need support for Daniher so I think they’d pay a pretty penny for a Fullerton upgrade who can give as much as McStay.

Look at it from this perspective their 2022 1st is getting chewed up by an Ashcroft bid so does sending that our way really hurt them? We then send it back to them on draft night if we want to get our hands on 18. The main factor is we can literally do anything to suit any trade/ draft strategy despite not having access to pick 2, but in order to do so we’ll need to tip guys out that I suspect will upset some on here because they don’t look at the bigger picture.

He was good no doubt, but he’s a ruck forward not a forward ruck. The exercise for me is breaking eggs to make a good omelette and whilst trading Cameron isn’t my preferred option it’s one that might work in order to bring in a top 20 pick which might land us the next McKay/ Darling/ Hipwood. Especially when we have Cox as an alternative because value wise he works for us in 2022.
Is anyone giving a top 40 pick for Cameron? Do VFL players attract that attention?

I’ll wear that because it’s high level stuff.

Playing it out a bit further I think it would shock people what we could get for Cameron on the open market. Brisbane with Hipwood out for the bulk of 2022 will need support for Daniher so I think they’d pay a pretty penny for a Fullerton upgrade who can give as much as McStay.

Look at it from this perspective their 2022 1st is getting chewed up by an Ashcroft bid so does sending that our way really hurt them? We then send it back to them on draft night if we want to get our hands on 18. The main factor is we can literally do anything to suit any trade/ draft strategy despite not having access to pick 2, but in order to do so we’ll need to tip guys out that I suspect will upset some on here because they don’t look at the bigger picture.

He was good no doubt, but he’s a ruck forward not a forward ruck. The exercise for me is breaking eggs to make a good omelette and whilst trading Cameron isn’t my preferred option it’s one that might work in order to bring in a top 20 pick which might land us the next McKay/ Darling/ Hipwood. Especially when we have Cox as an alternative because value wise he works for us in 2022.
Potentially trading our only key tall...

For the sake of a 2nd or 3rd.... god some people seriously have no idea...

But we wont be going into deficit on Daicos as we'll make other moves to bring in picks to make up the 700-odd points we'd need to match a pick 1 bid on Daicos. Trading into pick 18 would be silly as that should be a live pick in any draft, not used for a bid match.

The way you have it set up is that we're essentially trading out what could be something around pick 20-24 next year for essentially pick 27 this year, which is equivalent to the 700 points mentioned above.

Edit: Right now as things stand the extra points we'd need to match a pick 1 bid on Daicos would be roughly equivalent to pick 30, or two picks in the mid-to-late 40's. This gap could narrow further if the AFL removes the concessional second round pick granted previously to the Suns, but that's something to consider later.

Didn’t realise all we needed was an additional pick 30ish. Should be able to get that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs apparently in the market for a ruck.

I would offer Grundy in return for this years first rounder (they don't need it as Darcy will be bid on early) and a 2022 First.

In the same deal I would look to trade Doggies pick this year for another teams future first.

Dogs apparently in the market for a ruck.

I would offer Grundy in return for this years first rounder (they don't need it as Darcy will be bid on early) and a 2022 First.

In the same deal I would look to trade Doggies pick this year for another teams future first.

From where are the dogs getting an extra million to pay Grundy?

We only need to bring in pick 52 if Daicos goes at 2

Pick 2 = 2517 x .8 (20% discount) = 2014
Our picks 33, 39, 41, 45 = 1768

2014 - 1768 = 246 or pick 52

If Darcy is bid on at 1 and Daicos at 2 we need pick 46

Daicos at 1 and we need to bring in pick 29 or equivalent points. Here’s hoping Nth do us a favour!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Daicos at 1 and we need to bring in pick 29 or equivalent points. Here’s hoping Nth do us a favour!

Or even better if North dont bid on either, Horne goes at 1, GWS bid at Darcy on 2 and then Daicos on 3.

Just doesn't though.. He's garbage.

If you think Cox is garbage, and you're entitled to your opinion on that, then I don't understand how you can rate Weid. Cox takes more marks, can ruck and without looking at the stats I think has an edge in goals per game. I think they're both limited footballers but Cox is more useful to us because he rucks to an AFL level and is a good bail out kick.

Lynch, Cox & Sier might give us pick 35 combined.

I'm thinking of ways you get those points for Daicos. It doesn't need to be those players but they're the ones most tradeable. I'm thinking late picks from clubs with good draft hands that don't need them or even pick upgrades to obtain those points. As a way to shield us from using our 2nd rounders. How would you do it without coughing up 2nds?

You’ve inspired me to use my excel skills.

1631079596333.png

Last edited:
I'm thinking of ways you get those points for Daicos. It doesn't need to be those players but they're the ones most tradeable. I'm thinking late picks from clubs with good draft hands that don't need them or even pick upgrades to obtain those points. As a way to shield us from using our 2nd rounders. How would you do it without coughing up 2nds?
You can't, unless he's talking about trading them into next year's draft. They take the points from your highest pick and then move down until you've matched enough points or gone into deficit.

I assume we'll pay a portion of it and I don't think Grundy is on a mil, much closer to 800k.

I think Treloar is a live option to go up to Brisbane as well.

Just watch this space.

Dons would probably have to have another crack at Dunkley.

Imagine if after last years shit storm, Treloar ends up in Brisbane lol

Or even better if North dont bid on either, Horne goes at 1, GWS bid at Darcy on 2 and then Daicos on 3.

I'd be hoping North bid on Darcy (a big 🖕 to the dogs for Treloar deal) then take Horne and Daicos at pick 3.

It's interesting some of these club that are having salary cap issues, hopefully there's more next year when are cap is in better shape and we can have some fun. :D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back