Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely we’ve pushed Cloke out.

Why else would we pay him out?

I mentioned ages ago the club would be suggesting heavily that he retires. He obviously wanted pone last crack so in the end money talks. No problem given he's not on much. Nothing surprising except maybe how long it took to be announced. About as surprising as the nude medal garbage. Never anything going to come from it. Only slight surprise that the phones hadn't been "lost"

Surely we will have the youngest list in the comp next year

Currently 3rd youngest as players currently listed for next year but note it's due to change due to not all clubs having made their final delistings, whether or not clubs will take mature agers, and the different amount of draft picks each club will take.

I know this won't be popular but I love the decision to keep Honey. Very handy depth as that aggressive little terrier. He was terrible in front of goal at times this year but he also did some extraordinary things that people seem inclined to quickly forget. Also, to simplify it - Honey is only going to get better and Crameri was only ever going to get worse.

I agree, lacks polish but goes in for it every time, good defensively, follows instructions and can run all game.

Every team needs a few depth players (they are different to list cloggers) because the reality is that our 29th ranked player in terms of games selected for the season played 7 games last year. You are not going to get a list with first 18 quality players all the way back to 35. Having someone like Honeychurch to come in for that 7 games is as good as you are going to get.

And who knows, next year he might just sharpen up a little with his disposals. Maybe he hits a vein of form he has shown glimpses of in the past that will put him in the 22 before one or two others.

I applaud the retention of Mitch Honeychurch, not because I'm a fan but because he fits into requirements for the season coming.

I know loyalty isn't a huge thing in footy these days but I have absolutely no doubt Jack will be a one club player (unless we push him out in his latter years).

Plus I think he'd be too quiet to meet a bunch of new blokes at another team
As much as I agree with this, It won't stop north from having a crack!

Are you Caroline Wilson?

Oh come on

There is a line you just don’t cross. Lol

If you blokes cant see I love our club as much as anyone else you are blind. I simply don’t buy the kook aid and form my own opinions and if anyone things the last 14 months have been impressive they are bias beyond help.

If we don’t question the club when it fails how can we be CONTINUALLY competitive ?

Poor in what way? His technique is better than anyone on the list bar Picken.

Not convinced many of his tackles stick .
Let's take up this discussion next year after the kid has had another pr season in the gym.
He's a terrier for sure .
I hope next year Immortal , you can remind me how wrong I was ;)

Oh come on

There is a line you just don’t cross. Lol

If you blokes cant see I love our club as much as anyone else you are blind. I simply don’t buy the kook aid and form my own opinions and if anyone things the last 14 months have been impressive they are bias beyond help.

If we don’t question the club when it fails how can we be CONTINUALLY competitive ?
No one should question your love for the club MD, but you must admit that your post did smell heavily of dead fish, otherwise known as Caro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one should question your love for the club MD, but you must admit that your post did smell heavily of dead fish, otherwise known as Caro

Caro does it to be a b!tch

Regardless what people think I do it coz I love this club and am sick of us accepting mediocrity

1) Managed By Coners
2) Part of Rat Pack
3) Did not have enough sense to stay away from Stringer (Gone overseas with him)
4) Has played a handful of games in 2 years.
5) Back from major injury.

And that is what has been reported!
2 and 3 - really? Crameri is just married, would hardly be holidaying with Jake, JJ and Suckers. Instagram would tend to confirm.

2 and 3 - really? Crameri is just married, would hardly be holidaying with Jake, JJ and Suckers. Instagram would tend to confirm.
He was actually the leader of the rat pack and started Stringer down the path of being a lazy bum.
evidence of this is Crameri didn't even bother turning up at the club for all of the 2016 season

Caro does it to be a b!tch

Regardless what people think I do it coz I love this club and am sick of us accepting mediocrity

It's official, winning a flag buys you one year off that phrase!

But seriously, Honeychurch was a no brainer to be delisted. Surely a DFA or mature age draftee would be better?

He was actually the leader of the rat pack and started Stringer down the path of being a lazy bum.
evidence of this is Crameri didn't even bother turning up at the club for all of the 2016 season
*tips hat

likely.

We mismanaged his injury this year - rushed him back when he wasnt ready.
Don't mention the medical department - I did once but I think I got away with it

2C75CACE00000578-3240286-John_Cleese_co_wrote_Fawlty_Towers_with_ex_wife_Connie_Booth_and-a-3_1442600263938.jpg

Like the changes. We're backing in Schache as the future of our forward line. Also, despite other attributes they have, in sick of watching a forward line with inefficient hack kicks like Stringer, Cloke and even Crameri.

No worries about going in too tall either. Looking good dogs
The thing that did my head in with Stringer as the no1 KF option was the amount of times he lost one on one's or was outmarked under the high ball. Redpath had similar issues also where he was better suited to being a decoy, but Red structurally was better as he hit up and presented at least.

If Red plays alongside one of Boyd or Schache or both if Boyd has to ruck then he could be useful.

Garbage decision
He isn’t up to it and has had long enough

This is one of those times I agree. I'd rather have stuck with Crameri than Honeychurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back