Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodoro probably thinks that he's more clever than anyone else. So he thinks putting pressure on a club by asking massively overs means that they'll crack when he gives them a later, slightly less silly offer.
Pardon my language but Dodoro thinks he has the biggest dick on the table. Problem is he's just the biggest dick at the table.

Sorry mate but there is at least a little "clique" here that like to back slap and support each other when someone insults their tender egos.

They been pretty good later but like the dark side they are in the background eating to see weakness and then they pounce :)

Too much self lightsaber stroking I suggest ;)

Agree. Some tend to get a bit personal if you nudge them whilst on their pedestal.

So if Macraebf is right, i'd bloody love Talia and 30 for Carlisle. Got a bit excited about that Hendo rumour today though. no wada no worries

So is it likely:
Plan A Carlisle
Plan B Henderson
Plan C Ruckman (Zac Clarke?)

Or is it realistically possible we could get the KPD & Ruck postitions filled this offseason? Seems a stretch to me.

Just went through posts... Nothing is really off?
Had Talia goss before anyone else had even the slightest sniff - so quite obviously has a source.
Mentioned Talia -> Crows, Carlisle -> Dogs and Danger -> Cats in June.
Claimed WHE wanted to come to Dogs which wasn't far off at the time.
Said Dahl would sign 3 yr deal announced Feb 2015. BS calls were thrown around then too. Dahl signed a 3 yr deal announced March 2015.

That Talia break isn't exactly 'throwing shit at a wall' - to me it clearly indicates they have a great source. Things don't always eventuate but I don't doubt the source - and when someone has that and is willing to post info here they shouldn't be shot down.
Good analysis, I thought he was an absolute flog and even laughed about his Talia post with my brother until lo and beyond, a week or so later he was proven dead right. The poor spelling and air of fake authority put me off initially but he has more runs on the board than some of us (including me).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Macraebf is right, i'd bloody love Talia and 30 for Carlisle. Got a bit excited about that Hendo rumour today though. no wada no worries

To be fair McRae doesn't say 30 and Talia gets the job done just what he believes we are offering. Makes sense that we will try and keep our first. May not end up this way if Jake nominates us but I can see us starting negotiations somewhere like that just as I would expect Dodo to ask for 11 and a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it a blot on his character? Most would choose the money.
No guarantees elsewhere either. It's highly unlikely to happen. What's more likely is if we find another ruck and we don't want minson , we will need to subsidise him.

How did I say that whichever way he goes was a blot on his character?

It's become pretty apparent that Bev rates other rucks ahead of him so he'll most likely play ressies if he stays (which obviously means he's on the cash he's on), and said in his presser that it's basically Will's choice where he wants to be next year.

Otherwise he moves on (and yes, we subsidise his wage for the final year of his contract) but then may get 1 or 2 years on a lower wage to finish off his career, hopefully well enough to be in the big show, which will likely have a far larger chance than if he was still with us.

Maybe read what someone says first before assuming that I'm potting him for being money-hungry. He has a contract which he and the club agreed to, and I'm fine with him doing whatever he chooses to.

Last edited:
The rumoured absence of our pick 11 in an offer for Carlisle aligns with suggestions a while back from Pannalstaroz that we are not trading our first round pick. Talia + 30 is a pretty comical offer and I can't see that getting it done, but 30 + another early-ish second rounder might get us over the line

The rumoured absence of our pick 11 in an offer for Carlisle aligns with suggestions a while back from Pannalstaroz that we are not trading our first round pick. Talia + 30 is a pretty comical offer and I can't see that getting it done, but 30 + another early-ish second rounder might get us over the line

Or 30 and a good young player.

How did I say that whichever way he goes was a blot on his character?

It's become pretty apparent that Bev rates other rucks ahead of him so he'll most likely play ressies if he stays (which obviously means he's on the cash he's on), and said in his presser that it's basically Will's choice where he wants to be next year.

Otherwise he moves on (and yes, we subsidise his wage for the final year of his contract) but then may get 1 or 2 years on a lower wage to finish off his career, hopefully well enough to be in the big show, which will likely have a far larger chance than if he was still with us.

Maybe read what someone says first before assuming that I'm potting him for being money-hungry. He has a contract which he and the club agreed to, and I'm fine with him doing whatever he chooses to.

I think it's funnier that he assumed that you thought that he would want to continue playing for less money over playing in the magoos for more. Minno strikes me as a very proud individual and doesn't seem like the type that will just play out a contract playing mostly reserves. We all know that he's good enough to play first ruck and so does he, I'd rather respect his intentions and offer to find him a new club if that's what he wants.

What is each posters preferences for a key defender for next year out of Nick Haynes, Jake Carlisle, Lachie Henderson in order from most want to least? (I won't include Nick Coughlan; because we're not guaranteed to get him)

What is each posters preferences for a key defender for next year out of Nick Haynes, Jake Carlisle, Lachie Henderson in order from most want to least? (I won't include Nick Coughlan; because we're not guaranteed to get him)
I'd say Haynes because I like him as a player the most but he doesn't really fill the need like the other two do.

I'd take Carlisle then Henderson
Haynes we have in spades ( not saying he isn't decent ) Coughlan ( looks likely at Footscray, but needs to fill out )
Noticed even in the Norf game that we need a big agile key back, as the likes of Brown and Petrie were to big. Luckily for us with some decent coaching they were taking their marks on the wing, and not in the 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back