Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee we can different opinions on footy. Corey Ellis is a potential quality player. Brandon Ellis was exceptional last yr. Menadue could be ok as well but not sold on him either way yet.

The rest are a bit yuk

Correction B Ellis was good in 14 AA squad member and 2nd in Tiges b and f when they were a decent team.

Last edited:

I'd vomit if we traded anything of value (say above pick 45 range) for Vardy. What portion of the salary cap do we have to fill with medical room darlings?

Gee we can different opinions on footy. Corey Ellis is a potential quality player. Brandon Ellis was exceptional last yr. Menadue could be ok as well but not sold on him either way yet.

The rest are a bit yuk

Correction B Ellis was good in 14 AA squad member and 2nd in Tiges b and f when they were a decent team.
Menadue just re-signed to
Corey Ellis & Menadue just got there, so its doubtful one of those two leave

Brandon could be interesting, but which position? He is average when it comes to defending..

Menadue just re-signed to
Corey Ellis & Menadue just got there, so its doubtful one of those two leave

Brandon could be interesting, but which position? He is average when it comes to defending..

Wing?

Absolutely. For all we know Jesse Hogan might re-sign with Melbourne leaving Fremante the oppurtunity to offer Hurley a deal he can't refuse.

Hogan is going to Freo they have a massive amount of cap space at years end can afford both of them easily

In late 2013, the Bombers had a little-known plan to nab the young superstar midfielder.

Before the AFL penalties were announced on August 27, 2013, the Bombers were talking with the Western Bulldogs on a deal for goalkicker Stewart Crameri.

At the time, Essendon was lined up to have pick No.11 and was prepared to package it and goalkicker Crameri in exchange for the Dogs’ pick No.4.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...i/news-story/d9655ef6fe5fedb48965649277b01200
Which is totally different package to the person who I was laughing at that was suggesting Crameri for pick 4 was our intent or Crameri for 4 and Johanissen (sorry spelling sucks)

Starting to come around to Nicholls as I think his running and athleticism would suit us far better than Campbell. Would be like having two Rougheads (with Nicholls being better forward and Rough better back) which would be my ideal setup with Boyd a stay at home forward.
All ruckmen look a bit unco when they're young.

Nicholls will be very very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is totally different package to the person who I was laughing at that was suggesting Crameri for pick 4 was our intent or Crameri for 4 and Johanissen (sorry spelling sucks)
I replied back before i noticed you saying the media was saying that

All ruckmen look a bit unco when they're young.

Nicholls will be very very good.
I think Nicholls will come good with time, just his durability worries me a little, though it's not as bad as Vardy's

Seen Grundy start to flourish once handed the sole number 1 role at the Pies for example

No on B Ellis, way too similar to Hunter, both do not have an attacking element to their games and I can't see what value having them two + Macrae in the same midfield who aren't damaging by foot

Would much rather Stephen Hill if we wanted a wingman, beautiful kick of the footy and punishes teams when required

If we are looking at bringing in a gun/jet/elite player, I've said it before & I've said it again - use the first rounder to get it over the line if need be. We've cherished the picks we have had, nailed a lot of them & developed very well from our lower picks.

This means we can now trade for needs, I'd give up a first rounder & probably a player for Hurley without thinking twice. The player wouldn't be a top player or top prospect, as much as they'd love JJ/Hunter etc. Honey, Dale, Hrovat I wouldn't mind being on the table - Webb as high as I'd go with

What's wrong with his wrists?
Taped like buggery. Can't take the lead up impact over a full season.

No idea why its fine as a defender but I presume its the fact he makes the fist and keeps the arm locked?

Not one good thing has come out of Essendon for quite a
long time, tread wearily.

I hear you can buy some cracking "supplements" they going in Hirdys top draw after he left.

Better than good I hear they make spuds play very well.

Anyone know who Wallis's manager might be? And who is in that managers stable of players.
Because I believe wallis' manager met with Beveridge this morning
Wallis isn't leaving dogs

Excellent so us here on BF now have a few months to work out a deal....

Sure as shit Dodo won't. No doubt his first request will be Bont and String for Hurley.

Still tend to think the Ryder deal is a template. In the sense we won't be paying less than that. Likelihood is we would pay more for Hurley than Port did for Ryder as he is worth more.

So our first and second rd this yr plus something else I imagine. Be it Campbell (dependent on Nicholls or another mature ruck) or something else.

If say Prestia chooses EFC then a three way with some of our fringe kids going to GCS is also a possibility?
Cant trade a first and second in same yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back