Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi Greenwood to the bulldogs

Interesting. Not sure if he will come to us but he's definately leaving LOL. Been on big money for years and now he is established wants more... Bit of a Higgins scenario - Norf feeling abit "WTF....we've looked after you with good money for years" and Levi feeling abit "thanks for that and the guy down the road will look after my future".. A few fairly pissed off people in the list management team. All the more money that can throw at Higgo!!!

If we are not able to pick up a young gun forward, Jones demands to be let go and we lose him, and Crameri gets injured. Man, it will be a mega tough year on the field for us once again. I hope this doesn't happen
A young gun forward ain't gonna help us next year anyways man. It's gonna be a tough year regardless IMO. Buckle up.

A young gun forward ain't gonna help us next year anyways man. It's gonna be a tough year regardless IMO. Buckle up.

*Crameri gets suspended I mean

And of course not, but at least we'd have someone we can kick to, and build experience up with, as opposed to no one at all. But you're right, I expect one more tough year unless we recruit well and the seniors step up again. If we do, I think we can push 9-10 wins next year. Just worried about losing our forward line, would feel sorry for the new forwards coach whoever that will be

And of course not, but at least we'd have someone we can kick to, and build experience up with, as opposed to no one at all. But you're right, I expect one more tough year unless we recruit well and the seniors step up again. If we do, I think we can push 9-10 wins next year. Just worried about losing our forward line, would feel sorry for the new forwards coach whoever that will be
Maybe the last resort is also the best resort. Stringer and dal inside 50. Everyone else get the hell out the way.

I probably would too thats a fairly balanced trade. Gives us a couple of players who you could certainly argue would be in the top 25 players at the club and we automatically have someone to replace Jones if we lost him. Walker had a very promising finals series.

As I said above Walker may be looking at options if we get Clark. Smedts has not delivered , perhaps one of the best development coaches in the biz can get the best out of him.

Personally , Walker shows enough upside that Im not sure why we are messing around with Clark. Walker is young but he is strong and can take a mark. Just starting to help in the ruck as well.

Surely if you're going after Clark, the club still thinks the window is open....which means you need a ruckman??

fronk , he is a #2 at best , we have a reasonable #2 in Blitz. And I thought he went to Melb as a forward , cause he didn't like ruck.

Window open is a matter for debate. We lack guys in the sweet spot of 23-29 , so to win a flag without enough of that age and experience would be highly unusual.

fronk , he is a #2 at best , we have a reasonable #2 in Blitz. And I though he went to Melb as a forward , cause he didn't like ruck.
No no, I'm saying you guys would surely only be chasing Clark, if you think the windows still open. Fair call?? And if you're still chasing a flag, you desperately need a high level ruckman (minson). So I disagree that you guys chasing Clark means you wouldn't be interested in minson (or another ruckman). I think quite the opposite.

No no, I'm saying you guys would surely only be chasing Clark, if you think the windows still open. Fair call?? And if you're still chasing a flag, you desperately need a high level ruckman (minson). So I disagree that you guys chasing Clark means you wouldn't be interested in minson (or another ruckman). I think quite the opposite.

Perhaps , it seems we have been linked to every man and his dog so far. Zac Clarke is another. Who knows , I just hope they have a plan and are just not like the 6 year old in the sweet shop...I'll 2 of them , 4 of them , 1 of them

I reckon Roughead, Campbell, and Jones could all work together in the same forward line next year. And Minson as first ruck. Roughead and Campbell can vary their amount of time in the ruck, depending on the opponent. Roughead would be better, say, against Ryder or Naitanui, whilst Campbell against the more physical types.
It worked in the VFL, why not the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Roughead, Campbell, and Jones could all work together in the same forward line next year. And Minson as first ruck. Roughead and Campbell can vary their amount of time in the ruck, depending on the opponent. Roughead would be better, say, against Ryder or Naitanui, whilst Campbell against the more physical types.
I really, really don't want to see that forward line. Sorry man

Good rebounding teams (like the Hawks/Cats) would be licking their chops at this scenario. 2 rucks/forwards + a forward who often chooses not to chase. Someone like Birchall would move horizontally as soon as the ball hit the deck, wait for it to be flicked sideways and then he'd set the field up. These 3 in 1 forward line would mean they either clunk it or out is comes (quickly!).

No one would chase the ball out once it hits the deck.... This has DISASTER written all over it.

Jones missed quite a few rounds so hardly any worry with him out. Didn't make much difference when he was in. Watched the Melbourne game last night RD17. He was fairly pathetic.

Now that the shoes on the other foot....

Shit i started something here with the hendo thing. Firstly, this "rumour" wasn't just floated to make my friday afternoon go quicker, it was something that one of our current assistant coaches told me. Secondly, like i said, we had spoken to him BUT, the coach didn't say how it went, so for all i know, he may have told us to f off as he "wants to captain carlton".

If what i was told was true, me mentioning jones + change was more a starting point of some form of trade to possibly get something done. Hendo is a shitload better than jones, so it would need to be more than jones + change. That trade was not mentioned by the coach at all, more by me as some form of discussion starter.

Jones missed quite a few rounds so hardly any worry with him out. Didn't make much difference when he was in. Watched the Melbourne game last night RD17. He was fairly pathetic.
Yet we also had games we wouldn't have won without him against Richmond, GWS and Collingwood, where he was critical in his ability to take big marks and nail clutch goals.

Yet we also had games we wouldn't have won without him against Richmond, GWS and Collingwood, where he was critical in his ability to take big marks and nail clutch goals.
Sometimes players dont take you the next step. After six years he is still a sometimes player. We gave him a go time to move on. Also what about the ones we could off if he actually put in. Seriously go back and watch him play. The effort just isn't there.

Last edited:
Do we do our best to get 2 top 5 picks with the intent of drafting 2 of wright, durdin or McCartin?
While it would be great we would have to give up one of our prize kids to get an extra top 5 pick

Do we do our best to get 2 top 5 picks with the intent of drafting 2 of wright, durdin or McCartin?
There's no way we'd get another top 5 pick, without giving up one of Libba, Dahl, Bonts, Macrae etc.
If that's your line of thinking, our best bet is to upgrade picks, or package picks together.

Sometimes players dont take you the next step. After six years he is still a sometimes player. We gave him a go time to move on. Also what about the ones we could off if he actually put in. Seriously go back and watch him play. The effort just isn't there.
Don't need to tell me that, but he's the best we have by far. Either work on improving his mental strength, or get rid of him after getting some talent in that will work harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back