List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Completed my post trade period phantom draft, I got a bit carried away. Planned to do the first round and ended up doing three rounds to cover all Dogs picks.
1. Tigers - Jagga Smith
2. Roos - Sam Lalor
3. Blues - Finn O'Sullivan
4. Crows - Sid Draper
5. Lions - Levi Ashcroft (Match)
6. Melb - Harvey Langford
7. Tigers - Murphy Reid
8. Suns - Leo Lombard (Match)
9. Saints - Bo Allen
10. Saints - Tobie Travaglia
11. Melb - Jobe Shanahan
12. Tigers - Josh Smillie
13. Tigers - Harry Armstrong
14. Eagles - Xavier Lindsay
15. Ess - Isaac Kako (Match)
16. Power - Joe Berry
17. Freo - Luke Trainor
18. GWS - Taj Hotton
19. GWS - Harrison Oliver
20. Lions - Samual Marshall (Match)
21. Dogs - Oliver Hannaford
22. Tigers - Alix Tauru
23. Swans - Alex Dodson
24. Tigers - Cooper Hynes
25. GWS - Tom Gross
26. Swans - Matt Whitlock
27. Tigers - Jonty Faull
28. Tigers - Jesse Dattoli
29. Dogs - Christian Moraes
30. Eagles - Hamish Davis
31. Power - Jack Whitlock
32. Blues- Ben Camporeale (Match)
33. Freo - Jasper Alger
34. Saints - Harry O'Farrell
35. Hawks - Tom Sims
36. Dogs - Angus Clarke
37. Power - Lachie Jaques
38. GWS - Jack Ough
39. Ess - Noah Mraz
40. Swans - James Barrat
41. Blues - Lucas Camporeale (Match)
42. Cats - Zac Johnson
43. Crows - Tyler Welsh (Match)
44. Ess - Kayle Gerreyn
45. Saints - Luke Urquhart
46. Eagles - Malakai Champion (Match)
47. Port - Benny Barrett (Match)
48. Ess - Jayden Nguyen (Match)
49. Dogs - Lucca Grego
50. Pies - Josh Murphy
51. Ess- Lenny Douglas
52. GWS - Logan Smith (Match)
53. Pies - Clancy Dennis
54. Cats - Rhys Unwin
55. Pies - Will Hayes
56. Swans - Archer Day-Wicks
57. Lions - Charlie Nicholls

A little write up on the dogs selections

Pick 21 Oliver Hannaford
Did someone want an upgrade at HFF?
Capable of the elusive repeat sprints and defensive pressure whilst also being an offensive threat. Hannafords end to the year shows he has alot of development left in him.

Pick 29 Christian Moraes
Whilst he had a somewhat underwhelming top age year that can somewhat be blamed on the depth in the midfield of the teams he played in. Has shown to be a consistent accumulator on the inside and out, Moraes uses his endurance to issue death by a thousand cuts we haven't had on the wing since prime Lachie Hunter.

36. Angus Clarke
Coming off his top age year looking like a 15 year old isn't the only comparison to Bailey Dale. Capable of dash and dare off of half-back whilst also being able to intercept defence seems his best position, but he is also more then handy up forward able to hit the scoreboard in many different ways. More of a boom or bust type but at pick 36 the potential boom is irresistible. Potentially takes over from JJ.

Pick 49 Lucca Grego
Whilst he has cut his teeth as a midfielder, Grego has all the tools to be a Lockdown defender. Tough as nails, hates losing 1v1s and tackles hard. He may not have the ceiling of some others but has a very high floor and could replace Duryea as early as 2026.

Yeah from Claremont. 187cm inside midfielder, remember him taking one of the marks of the U18 champs. He scored a 6.08 2km, a 7.980 agility, 73cm standing VJ and a 86cm running VJ at the state combine.

Edit: This is the mark. No regard for his own safety whatsoever

Jesus, that was huge

Completed my post trade period phantom draft, I got a bit carried away. Planned to do the first round and ended up doing three rounds to cover all Dogs picks.
1. Tigers - Jagga Smith
2. Roos - Sam Lalor
4. Crows - Sid Draper
7. Tigers - Murphy Reid
9. Saints - Bo Allen
11. Melb - Jobe Shanahan
16. Power - Joe Berry
17. Freo - Luke Trainor
18. GWS - Taj Hotton
22. Tigers - Alix Tauru
23. Swans - Alex Dodson
25. GWS - Tom Gross
27. Tigers - Jonty Faull
33. Freo - Jasper Alger
35. Hawks - Tom Sims
36. Dogs - Angus Clarke
38. GWS - Jack Ough
39. Ess - Noah Mraz
40. Swans - James Barrat
42. Cats - Zac Johnson
44. Ess - Kayle Gerreyn
49. Dogs - Lucca Grego
50. Pies - Josh Murphy
51. Ess- Lenny Douglas
53. Pies - Clancy Dennis
54. Cats - Rhys Unwin
55. Pies - Will Hayes

Pick 21 Oliver Hannaford
Capable of the elusive repeat sprints and defensive pressure whilst also being an offensive threat. Hannafords end to the year shows he has alot of development left in him.

Pick 29 Christian Moraes
Whilst he had a somewhat underwhelming top age year that can somewhat be blamed on the depth in the midfield of the teams he played in. Has shown to be a consistent accumulator on the inside and out, Moraes uses his endurance to issue death by a thousand cuts we haven't had on the wing since prime Lachie Hunter.

36. Angus Clarke
Coming off his top age year looking like a 15 year old isn't the only comparison to Bailey Dale. Capable of dash and dare off of half-back whilst also being able to intercept defence seems his best position, but he is also more then handy up forward able to hit the scoreboard in many different ways. More of a boom or bust type but at pick 36 the potential boom is irresistible. Potentially takes over from JJ.

Pick 49 Lucca Grego
Whilst he has cut his teeth as a midfielder, Grego has all the tools to be a Lockdown defender. Tough as nails, hates losing 1v1s and tackles hard. He may not have the ceiling of some others but has a very high floor and could replace Duryea as early as 2026.

Christian Moreas has been very underwhelming this year. He probably slides into the 50s.

Christian Moreas has been very underwhelming this year. He probably slides into the 50s.
He is certainly one I don't have for us really. We tend to take players who have a very strong end to their year at our picks in the last few years or have rose in their draft year from relative obscurity Moraes doesn't exactly fit with what we tend to do.

1. Tigers - Jagga Smith
2. Roos - Sam Lalor
4. Crows - Sid Draper
7. Tigers - Murphy Reid
9. Saints - Bo Allen
11. Melb - Jobe Shanahan
16. Power - Joe Berry
17. Freo - Luke Trainor
18. GWS - Taj Hotton
22. Tigers - Alix Tauru
23. Swans - Alex Dodson
25. GWS - Tom Gross
27. Tigers - Jonty Faull
33. Freo - Jasper Alger
35. Hawks - Tom Sims
36. Dogs - Angus Clarke
38. GWS - Jack Ough
39. Ess - Noah Mraz
40. Swans - James Barrat
42. Cats - Zac Johnson
44. Ess - Kayle Gerreyn
49. Dogs - Lucca Grego
50. Pies - Josh Murphy
51. Ess- Lenny Douglas
53. Pies - Clancy Dennis
54. Cats - Rhys Unwin
55. Pies - Will Hayes

Pick 21 Oliver Hannaford

Pick 29 Christian Moraes

36. Angus Clarke

Pick 49 Lucca Grego

I'd obviously be thrilled with Hannaford and Clarke. Moraes is the opposite, one I struggle to like. Don't like his kicking, defensive game and his contested game. Grego is one I don't have a strong opinion about, but I like that he can play a number of roles and has a good defensive game so I don't mind this at all. Overall I'd be happy with it.

Good effort, but as a whole, I think you need to think about this a bit more no offense. Saints taking two similar types that may not transition into the midfield. GWS taking 3 metro players when they have openly stated they like the country boys as they are more likely to stay. Swans taking Dodson when they just took a 1st round ruck in Green last year. I know this is a bit of fun, but I find all these very unrealistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back