Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean he is coming here ?
No idea mate, rumours have had us linked to him but to be honest I have no contacts at all whatsoever so can't help you :) A few more informed posters on here may have a better idea.

Redden is a good player. Not what we need, but if I was a club needing an inside mid I'd hand over pick 8-15 for him.

Reckon the Dogs should have a crack at Geelong's Kolo.
I think he'd be a pretty good fit and we'd be a good option for him. He'd have the chance to play finals and he could compete for a spot with our other young key defenders. And when kade comes out of contract next year, surely he'd have at least some interest in playing with his brother.

I don't see Kolo leaving Geelong though. He's getting games. Lonergan and Rivers don't have long left. Selwood, Danger and Henderson arriving. Playing finals possibly this year. Why up and leave that unless it's for ridiculous money?

If we're offering someone ridiculous money I hope it's to someone better than Kolo with all due respect to the young lad.

Dermott Brereton saying in a Sun article that we might be fattening Lachie's trade value to enhance our possible off season returns for him. Hmmmmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dermott Brereton saying in a Sun article that we might be fattening Lachie's trade value to enhance our possible off season returns for him. Hmmmmm.
You know, as opposed to playing a player who will help us win games of football?

I don't see Kolo leaving Geelong though. He's getting games. Lonergan and Rivers don't have long left. Selwood, Danger and Henderson arriving. Playing finals possibly this year. Why up and leave that unless it's for ridiculous money?

If we're offering someone ridiculous money I hope it's to someone better than Kolo with all due respect to the young lad.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to offer him ridiculous money either. He is getting games now, but he'd have to be very overconfident to think he'll get regular games once henderson arrives if lonergan keeps playing next year (I think he's got one more year left in him). If he wants to play senior football immediately, there is a fair chance he'd leave. However, if he's patient, he should be able to get regular games once lonergan retires.

You know, as opposed to playing a player who will help us win games of football?
Why would we try to win games at this time of year? We need to start losing so we can move up the draft order. Surely the gameplan should be to just feed the ball to our trade bait players to increase their value :drunk:

Wouldn't he be a free agent? Will be interesting to see where he ends up

I would definitely sign him as a FA.

With Boydy, Murph and Moz coming to the end that is 3 out of our back 6.

Adcock is a very good HBF and could fill a gap for a few years in an otherwise very young defence.

Defence is our most experienced part of the ground and Adcock is 30 next year. I think the Lions are mad to push him out (and, frankly, I think it's pretty poor treatment of a club champion considering they're consistently whining about not being able to retain players), but he's not for us imo.

Defence is our most experienced part of the ground and Adcock is 30 next year. I think the Lions are mad to push him out (and, frankly, I think it's pretty poor treatment of a club champion considering they're consistently whining about not being able to retain players), but he's not for us imo.

Please sir, can I have a priority pick as I've delisted/traded/sacked all our good players and relied solely on 18 year old kids.... FFS....

I agree, he's just slightly too old to be worth it for us, but there will surely be suitors for him elsewhere. Would we have called Cooney and Cross club champions when we pushed them out? Maybe the increased prospect of AFL football for a young kid taking Adcock's spot will help with player retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back