Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be hard to get if we are off loading Stevens, Honey or/and Jong etc

GCS have a heap of picks. I reckon Jong is worth a third and an upgrade on our second rounder at the very least. Would love 2 picks inside 25.

Magpies fade as new club chases Dog
COLLINGWOOD’S hopes of landing Lin Jong are fading as Gold Coast circle the Western Bulldogs’ midfielder. The Suns have emerged as the frontrunner to land the powerful ballwinner as they look to replace departing stars Dion Prestia and Jaeger

Cordy wasn't doing much, nor was Stringer. So perhaps.
I'm still along way off being convinced about Zaine. But I think you have it wrong on last night. His shutdown role was excellent on McGovern. Brilliant coaching and a massive tick for the selfless game ZC played.
One thing about him he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, seems a bit mad. I like those types.

Jong, Hrovat and (for example) Stevens moving on in the off season would like pick up 3 picks in the 25 - 50 range - which could be useful in trading up to an extra first rounder or for just some late magic from the drafting team.....

Would prefer to lose Honey than Hrovat, but he has less currency.

Would like Campbell to sign on, as well as Hamling and Boyd....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Blues would return the pick and throw in Jones for free.

We would need an early first to take jones back. Something like:
Jones + pick 5 from Carlton = pick 95 from Bulldogs
;)

Edit: I hope the Blues see the light and payout his contract and use his list spot on a rookie. Better use of your time.

I'm still along way off being convinced about Zaine. But I think you have it wrong on last night. His shutdown role was excellent on McGovern. Brilliant coaching and a massive tick for the selfless game ZC played.
One thing about him he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, seems a bit mad. I like those types.
I understood what Cordy's role was last night, no issue that he was given a role and did it reasonably well. But he didn't give us anything on the attack, whereas Picken both nullified Gaff and was an attacking player for us (as an example).

I didn't like the attempted chest mark that Zaine tried (and got spoiled), that was my biggest cross against him on the night - not a particularly big negative though.

Could Cloke offer us something was the question, and I think compared to what we got out of Zaine Cordy and Stringer last night, yes perhaps he could.

Hope we keep Jongy, starting to play some very very good football. He's been much cleaner and is making the right decisions by hand.

He has improved, but I think he's still out of the best 22 at the end of the day. If we can get a 2nd round pick for him, that's smart list management. Dalrymple is likely to net us a better player.

Hope we keep Jongy, starting to play some very very good football. He's been much cleaner and is making the right decisions by hand.
Jong was killing it like he generally does in finals last night. I'm hoping he has a change of heart and decides to sign. He obviously loves the club so hopefully last nights stirring victory makes him think I'm going to stay. Hopefully Bev was also in his ear on the plane coming home and reaffirming our club is going to be a special place to belong in the next few years. His family are also big fans and lovely people,his parents need to be putting their foot down about all this also.

Lin Jong didn't stay over night and left for melbourne straight after the match, clearly wants to get the surgery over with.
Hell if Macrae and Libba can come back quickly, Jong might be a chance

Hoping next year we play Suckling forward of the ball more. He was played more in that role earlier in the season before injuries struck and I think he was a lot more effective.
Could not agree more. Really like what Suckling brings but some of his defensive efforts are, err, interesting. Much prefer him higher up the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back